• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stat changes after newly tamed

Zenless

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Returning player from a long time ago, new to taming.

I'm sure this has been answered but I couldn't find anything when searching.

I'm using pinco's UI and have noticed, while taming bake kitsune, that if I lore right after taming the animal will show higher stats (example one was rated 4.1) and then after a few minutes they change to lower (the 4.1 turned into 3.6)
Most of the ones I tame do this, some even drop twice. Some don't drop at all, and some even raise (1.8 to a 2.2).
Is this the normal stat decrease after taming and it just takes a few minutes to take effect?
Or is my lore skill not always read the animal correctly (it's at 94). Or is it a Ui thing? I didn't notice it before pinco's but I also wasn't taming the same type of creature over and over looking for a great one.

Lastly, is there any way to mitigate the decrease? I've hear paralyze makes t worse but I'm not using it, I'm just peace/lead taming.

Thanks!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By stats you mean skills rather than a drop in hit points, dexterity and intelligence, right?

Pets usually lose 10% of their skills when you tame them, there is no way to avoid that happening.

You will lose an extra 4% from skills if you use the paralyse spell during taming, so it's best to avoid using that spell as much as possible.

If you're just using peace and lead taming then you should just lose the 10% from the skills themselves.

The power calculations aren't a perfect indicator, more of a handy ballpark figure of how good the tool *thinks* your pet is. They're handy for tamers who want a good score to brag about how good a pet is, but as a tamer you really want to look at the pet yourself. A pet can seem average but have a better distribution of resists compared to the next pet which might have bigger numbers in the wrong places.

If I'm looking at a pet, first I look at the tameable animals list and click on the animal's name to see what the perfect stats would be and what is average. Usually I put that in a notebook in my backpack then I can have the stats on screen while I lore pets.

I look at what that pets strengths and weaknesses are. I try and get the weakest attributes as high as I can because that helps the pet survive in a range of situations. Likewise if a pet is always strong say in fire resist, then I'm less obsessed about it if other attributes are excellent. You might also want to consider what kind of pet it is and where you'll use it, because a bit of experience will tell you what you prefer to have. It's not an easy subject to explain in one paragraph, but the best idea is to ask about specific pets as you go and see what other tamers say about that pet. Or just look back in the forum history here as we do often have players ask if a pet is good or not.

Wenchy

Zenless

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks!
The actually stats (str, dex, int, hits) are dropping to. I've been looking mostly at resists and then stats. I have focused as much on skills as those can always be trained and it seems like none of the bake kitsune pets are going to have caps over 100 anyways.

Right now I've been focusing on bake kitsune foxes.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks!
The actually stats (str, dex, int, hits) are dropping to. I've been looking mostly at resists and then stats. I have focused as much on skills as those can always be trained and it seems like none of the bake kitsune pets are going to have caps over 100 anyways.

Right now I've been focusing on bake kitsune foxes.
Ah ok ;) I've had a few folk sat stats and mean skills so it's handy to check we mean the same thing lol. If stats are dropping after you tame a kitsune, I'd suspect it blessed itself when it saw you coming and the stats fell later when the spell wore off. It's a foxy conspiracy to get themselves into your comfy stable under false pretences hehe.

Wenchy