• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Starting to get excited....

K

Kurgan

I have been with UO for a whopping 105 months.
One thing I've always loved to do, is train pets..
I have four more days and I can start training this puppy..

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 I feel are decent, and look forward to start training in about 3-4 days

I

imported_Sarphus

yeah, I LOVE training pets. These new dragons take a while to train too. keeps me busy and entertained

K

Kurgan

Wait till it bonds.. Since they seem to sometimes be a pain to get one.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm being stupid and starting my training before it bonds. If something awful happens and I lose it, you all get to say, "I told you so..."

I

imported_Sarphus

dude... you really should wait till it bonds.

I'd hate to think how you'd react if you goofed and it died.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm being stupid and starting my training before it bonds. If something awful happens and I lose it, you all get to say, "I told you so..."

[/ QUOTE ]You and me both...been digging up shad ellies, then relogging with my tamer &amp; newbie dragon to train on it is as much risk as I've been willing to take. One lock up or shard down and it's back to Destard.

Go on! Click my eggs!

ps: Alvinho &amp; Kurgan I be clikkin yo eggz &amp; hatchlingz!

G

I got one in stable for bonding and one i train now who will bond when im training the bonded one.

It takes forever , but i just pass gm tac and 99 in wrestling. I my be dumb but i use spynxs for training.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

ps: Alvinho &amp; Kurgan I be clikkin yo eggz &amp; hatchlingz!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the first and only egg I have, got it this morning and i have no clue what im doing, I also have not seen another like it, i guess he is a rare :p

K

Kurgan

Check at the top of the hour for new eggs. You can have going at one time.
But once they hatch, you can get more up to 4. Right now I have 3 hatchlings, and 4 eggs..

G

I worked my training it won't bond til Friday, heck I took it on 2 runs of Melisande, hehehe. Its pretty good, but I'll be looking for a better one to replace it eventually. On Mel it wasn't as earth shattering as I'd have liked, unlike when fighting players mine very rarely uses its breath attack (someone else mentioned that in a different thread). It does make a super tank though, easy to keep alive if 2 people are healing it (I run out of mana if I'm the only one healing). at 804 hps mine hit her for around 70ish with the breath, and 50 or so biting so nice damage but even with 125 dex it was still pretty slow attacking. I'd like to take it with a beetle and see how the damage is affected by the beetles armor damage attack, or if I ever get Disco high enough to affect her.....

Rey~

Den2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been training both of mine. The 1st one bonds tomorrow night (down to the minute, hopefully!)...it's almost finished. Everything but resist (over 104.0) and anatomy (1.1 more!) and Eval Int. is maxed out.

I've only fought in the orc fort, crystal elementals and the sphynxs. It'd be really hard for it to die with one of those...not going to risk it though and keep it in tonight...started the same routine with #2.

G

my first one got guard whacked. still tamed. in trammel. while testing with a guild mate :/. GOT TO LOVE UO!

we couldn't figure it out, but there are a few bugs to them. I'd def recommend you don't mess around with them until bonded.

good luck Kurgan =)

G

<blockquote><hr>

my first one got guard whacked. still tamed. in trammel. while testing with a guild mate :/. GOT TO LOVE UO!

we couldn't figure it out, but there are a few bugs to them. I'd def recommend you don't mess around with them until bonded.

good luck Kurgan =)

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, they are a lil bit buggy yet. A guildmate has spent hours discord training hers on a shadow elly. It maxxed dex at 125 days ago. Unfortunately, she stabled it whilst it was still under the effects of discordance and it now shows a max of 120 dex and has not as yet retrained it.

Oddest of all, perhaps, it continues to display as 125/125 to her, whilst to me and other guildmates, it displays 120/120.

Click mah eggz!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm pretty careful, I spend as little time in a guard zone as possible, and even if the server goes down, I only train when I know I'm going to be around to be back on when the server goes back up (as long as it isn't over three or four hours...). I also never tell any unbonded pet to guard me while I am in a guard zone, heck, I don't even get bonded pets to guard me while I'm in a guard zone, or if I need them to be green for some reason, I just say "all guard me", and immediately "all stop" afterwards.

I used to always have my pets guarding me when I pvp'd, to keep them green when fighting with allies, but there are some nasty flagging bugs with guarding that can be exploited, so I don't do that anymore. If I need them green, I "all guard me" immediately followed by "all stop".

If I lock up, unless my computer completely blows up, I'll be able to get back on long before the elemental could kill my dragon, and if my computer completely blows up, that dragon will be the least of my concerns...

G

Yeah :/. I'm probably just naive, I didn't think saying all guard me would have the effect of guards, in trammel, with a tamed pet
. But there is an issue where the dragons will continue to attack when triggered by an in game event that I've been trying to recreate so I can post it to a dev, and can't. From now on though, I will try to avoid saying all guard me in town, yeesh ;p

K

Kurgan

Happy, Happy News..
At 6pm tonite.. My new dragon bonded..
All I have to say is OMG that thing rocks..
I went out and did some testing.
Things it killed with no Vetting needed.
Artic Ogre Lords
Ogre Lords
Bake Kitsune
Lesser Hiryu
White Wyrm
Nightmare

Preaty much anything that is 600 hit points or less.

Now things like the Sphinx with up to 1200 hit points, took a few vets..

G

Did you find any hesitation from your dragon to making the first attack? I ask because it is being reported on the T hunters forum that they are slow to make the first attack and sometimes cause the owner to die.

K

Kurgan

Not at all. Lex (new dragon) would jump to the monster before I even told it to.
I did notice that some of the damage was insane from Lex.. I saw Lex hit for 166 points of damage. On the average Lex hit for about 125 - 140 popints of damage. On an Arctic Orge Lord, its health was cut by 2/3's when this happened. Lex would do the firebreath animation and make his normal dragon roar when this happened.

G

yeah, firebreath animation will stop the dragon from doing melee until the firebreath hits, but spells will sometimes continue to be casted, like arch cure, it seems.