• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Starting Templates. Which fits?

R

Rocklin

So I have narrowed my starting templates down to three avenues. Bard/Tamer, Mage/Tamer or Archer/Tamer. I have a guide that I am using for advanced character token starting out. It says to go Peace Bard first to help. I am wondering if much has changed since it was written in April of 07. Peace/Tamer sounds like it may be a perfect fit for my play style. Any advise anyone might give? What templates do you think a new Tamer should try? PvM only. Thanks, Rock

Z

Zodiac19

My suggestion is to use your advance character token on the tamer template. This allows you to start hunting and playing with your tamer right away instead of training. Taking taming from zero is brutal and might just drive you mad. Unless you plan on power gaming 6-8 hours a day taming will take you a couple of months to really be a viable character.

Now I play mage tamers but that is a personal choice, but any of thoes should do well. If you find one does not work for you stone off skills and try another.

U

uoBuoY

Bard and Tamer is an awesome combo, extremely powerful and extremely time-consuming to build. Inmho the fastest way to go is the following:

1 - Two chars with no skills (SoulStone if need be)
2 - Char #1 gets advanced Bard, keeps Peace and Disco, Stones Provo and keeps total skills below 250.
3 - Char #2 gets advanced Tamer, keeps total skills below 250 and Stones Vet when skills get close to 250 total.
4 - Stone on char's skills to the other when you have about 100-110 then play the game!

T

Turdnugget

Advanced character token on the tamer template.

Barding skills (music/peace) are fairly easy to raise. A whole heck of a lot easier than Taming.

To decide what tamer template is best for you... what do you do in game? or would do in game with a tamer?

W

Warrior of Time

I can't tell you what type to make.
I can tell you why I made a peace tamer though.
Most times a person makes a mage tamer is to heal of cure from a distance from the pet.
Trouble is you do one of two things.
1) Run out of mana.
2) Can't heal enough to do as much good as you need to.

I seen 3 tamers die because they all was trying to heal only their own greater dragon instead of just keeping 1 dragon alive.
They also tend to go for casting adds on the armor and jewelry instead of luck. (I have 1380 luck)

The archer tamer can attract damage from doing damage instead of concentrating on keeping a pet under heavy attack alive.

Discord tamer works well when killing things as long as it is not a peerless like Travesty that can use discord on the pets in the fight with her. Peace don't work there, but at least it is not a skill that you need to stone to fight each time you go there.

Peace can be used on things like a pack of Tsuki wolves. Target peace them holds each one long enough to kill each one with little or no vet being used.

I do know people that stone between discord and peace. Music is used on both.

I hope the way I picked what I did can help you make a choice. Others may know better than I do on some others. The templet is as you know in the end Up To You. I also scrolled all my skills on the peace tamer to all 120 skill.

Lowering skills enough to get enough anatomy can also help you rez others in fights like you find in Doom 2 and the peerless.

T

Turdnugget

I rarely have issues with attracting damage from bosses when using my tamer/archer. Just gotta know how to play it right.

Doing Mel is different, since I rely on vet I have other people heal my GD. But they're ok with that since i'm a damage output machine and she dies a lot quicker that way.

Doing Baracoon is easy on my tamer/archer. I always do it with my guild but he goes down fast using my mare/beetle + me. Not to mention Bushido LS spamming it too.

I think the question you need to ask yourself, is how each template will benefit you and those you play with.

If you're a solo player, peace would be good since you've got your own crowd control. Same with in a group. Disco is good to kill things a lot faster both solo and in a group. Tamer/archer is great for uber damage output but is a little trickier to play and set up.

Just make sure you use the advanced token on a tamer template and NOT bard template. Otherwise you're going to be kicking yourself in the end.