• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Starting Disco Archer...need gear pointers

• Thread starter Gnat the Bard
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Gnat the Bard

Hello, I've haven't really played a warrior char in quite a while so I am somewhat outta touch with what I should be wearing. I am making a Disco Archer with Bushido/Chiv that I've seen Poo recommending. What gear should I be going for?

Will be using Hunters Headdress for archery skill to 120, as well as using Med. Thanks for any pointers.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if getting some items isnt a big deal to ya.

this is what i did on my couple toons.

hunters heardress to get to 120 archery.
song woven mantle arms (10 music)

then i made a ring and watch with
HCI 13
DCI 13
DI 20
then added on some skills.
think i did bushido and disco on one
and bushido and music on the other (or it was disco on both, cant recall)

that way i only had to train diso and archery up to like GM which is fast for both.

T

Travis82

I was thinking of trying this also for the great damage output it can do.

80 Chiv
120 Bushido
100 Archery HH 120
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
110 Music +10 with the arms for 120
100 Discord add +20 discord on jewels

Try that it should give you some great damage!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
with the added anat what does that add for extra damage?
10 points?

think id rather have the GM med so i could spam out some specials and chain lightning strikes.
plus when your honor / bushido / lightning strike bonus kicks in every 2nd or 3rd hit that extra 100 damage point will more then make up the loss of damage you have from not having anat.

course, if ya had healing on that template then thats a different story.

for this template ya have to either decide to go healing anat or med and specials.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

with the added anat what does that add for extra damage?
10 points?
No, 100 Anatomy is 55 DI.

Confidence alone isn't going to work with no Resist, Mana Vamp/Poison ticks and Parra interrupting it everytime.

What you need on your suit comes down to how you heal. If you go with bandages aim for Dex increase, 140 Dex for 4s bandages. Otherwise you probably need either Vamp Form, Curse Weapon or 4/6 Chiv.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
or pots.

and you probablly wont need the anat bonus anyways, cause hitting the 300 cap is easy enough to hit with weapon and EeO and the likes.

so again (again) it comes down to how you wanna heal.
do you want to use aids or do you wanna use chiv/bushy/pots

like i said i have both.
the one with aids was my first one and that was cause im a old player and love healing with aids.
the other 4 where done later and i prefer that template more now.

course, the down side is you cant cross heal anyone else in your party if you dont have healing.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it's not ideal, but couldn't you go with 90 disco and 80 music? Pop on the +10 music arms and +30 jewels when you disco. Take them off and put on normal stuff after.