• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Star Trek OnLine wish list

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few things I would like to see in the future of STO, probably the most wanted for me anyway is higher ranked bridge officer position on ships, all my BO's are trained to the 9's and at the rank of Commander but no positions for them to use their space based abilities.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish List:
Wish it was directX 10 (even DX11)
Wish it had better crafting. What they have now is NOT crafting in my mind at all.
Wish the quests were written better. The script is childish.
Wish skills worked differently. It's kinda confusing.
Wish the borg & Undine were brought in LATER. Now there's nothing forward to look to.

The list can go on and on.

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm giving it a chance, it's still a young game and probably shouldn't have been launched just yet but the hype on the official forums pushed for it. not one of the games i've ever played from launch has been "fully" developed or pleased everyone.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're probably right, but something that has such loyalty such as Star Trek, they should have known that they would get flooded with people trying it out. It was launched half baked and turned off many people.
I do hope it gets better.
The User Created Content Creator thing sounds promising.

Oh, and I wish that everything wasn't an "instance". Every stinkin thing is an instance.

A

Askray

Wish List:
Wish it was directX 10 (even DX11)
Wish it had better crafting. What they have now is NOT crafting in my mind at all.
Wish the quests were written better. The script is childish.
Wish skills worked differently. It's kinda confusing.
Wish the borg & Undine were brought in LATER. Now there's nothing forward to look to.

The list can go on and on.
Better crafting is coming (Dan Stahl posted as such that memory alpha is as it was meant to be now to get other things in)
As for skills working differently, in some ways i agree.
As for the borg and undine and nothing to look forward too that i totally disagree with. There is an entire galaxy and it's not like Star Trek's covered everything ;)

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just from playing day to day i see a more developed universe working as it should, supply is starting to catch up with demand with every new update, I don't see half as many flaws and bugs as we did a couple months ago. more power to auxiliary Crypics! i foresee smooth sailing in the next few months.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the borg and undine and nothing to look forward too that i totally disagree with. There is an entire galaxy and it's not like Star Trek's covered everything ;)

I understand that, however after being forced to deal with reruns of the best shows TNG and of course the original!... okay, I did like DSN, and still watched Voyager... But hated Enterprise =( (mad at that because I loved Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap... Okay back on point!) I would like to play the game and enjoy flowing through the timeline into the next encounters they had. I understand also it might be boring to know what's coming up next. but if I'm going to be immersed into this game, I'd like to feel like I actually was part of the history in the making!

A

Askray

I understand that, however after being forced to deal with reruns of the best shows TNG and of course the original!... okay, I did like DSN, and still watched Voyager... But hated Enterprise =( (mad at that because I loved Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap... Okay back on point!) I would like to play the game and enjoy flowing through the timeline into the next encounters they had. I understand also it might be boring to know what's coming up next. but if I'm going to be immersed into this game, I'd like to feel like I actually was part of the history in the making!
Totally get what you're saying too :) But who knows we might just wind up in the delta quadrant fighting the kazon or some other race in the future :)

C

chrisssteeven

Completely agree.