• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Star/Rainbow cloth and Oilcloth cloth

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm looking to buy some oilcloth cloth, if anyone has any to sell. Also, does anyone know if star/rainbow cloth (from Ocllo) is legal these days? If so, I'd be interested in buying some as well. :)

Brian

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have a photo or link of what this "Oilcloth cloth and Star/Rainbow Cloth" looks like? I have allot of old stuff and possibly may have something. Doesn't hurt to check. PM me a photo and Ill check one of my many accts. Thanks.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Star/Rainbow hued cloth was bannable. I highly doubt any exists today, unless we have another one of messanas minions cooking up some new stuff and abusing their abilities.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@JohnnyPow - I don't have a pic of either, no. Oilcloth was made from oil cloths, during a bug, and has that same hue. (Not dyable, afaik). Star cloth, or rainbow cloth, was a server birth, a pile of 25 pieces in the back of the Ocllo tailor shop, as far as I know. I'm pretty sure it was locked down by the time LA was launched, and I don't think it was ever duped, so I'd guess at most there were only ever 625 pieces of it.

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That's the kind of tailor rare I would LOVE to see/own/wear! I second anyone providing pictures.
And best of luck Brian :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Is it still? That's the question I'm asking (if any even still exists)... so many things that used to be illegal items seem to be legal these days. :p

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It SHOULD be legal! Do you see how beautiful it is?!
I find it curious that the Dress for of the Valiant Tailor is made from the same color! SEE, another reason I should legally own some!

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
How do you know this is from our production shards and not a free shard, or photo shop?

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How do you know this is from our production shards and not a free shard, or photo shop?
I do have to admit this is a valid question.

Considering the fact of the fancy shirt size in the picture above. It is much larger than today's graphic of the fancy shirt. Unless of course that was the graphic from when the picture was taken. My memory doesn't recall it though.

For comparison:

upload_2014-11-23_23-21-57.png

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I do have to admit this is a valid question.

Considering the fact of the fancy shirt size in the picture above. It is much larger than today's graphic of the fancy shirt. Unless of course that was the graphic from when the picture was taken. My memory doesn't recall it though.

For comparison:

View attachment 25868
I remember fancy shirts being larger back then. A lot of models changed from then to what we have these days, old platemail helmets for example.

On a side note, that screenshot is taken from the Avatar quest. The original introductory quest and it might actually be a screenshot of offline gameplay.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember fancy shirts being larger back then. A lot of models changed from then to what we have these days, old platemail helmets for example.

On a side note, that screenshot is taken from the Avatar quest. The original introductory quest and it might actually be a screenshot of offline gameplay.
Clears that mystery up!

Thanks! :)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
If anyone still has a T2A CD around, I believe that it is present on the table in the demo, and can be picked up... kind of like owning a rare on Siege or Mugen, imho, but... :)

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If anyone still has a T2A CD around, I believe that it is present on the table in the demo, and can be picked up... kind of like owning a rare on Siege or Mugen, imho, but... :)
That's more like firing up a free server and replicating all of the EM rares on EA servers simply to say that you own them rather than having a rare on Siege or Mugen.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Aye, I recall seeing it, on Chessie, but that was forever ago. (That's what led me to dig around and ask :)). Fusili's link was interesting though... I wonder what the hues of that Ilshenar grey and green tub were, and if it's now a hue we have otherwise available.

Another fun obscure cloth hue is 2301. Afaik, the only time that hue was available was at a wedding in 2007 on Wakoku, when an IGM made a dye tub that hue, for the bridal party's dresses. (Bolts this hue still exist.)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rainbow thats like from when the game first came out, and yeah the stuff was deleted by the GM's due to it being obtained illegally from some sort of bug. I thought the cloth had more colored gleeming sparkles in, but its been such a long time ago but it was cool looking none the less. Kinda reminds me of some of the neon xmas boxes that were rare drops a few years ago. Anyone remember that some Ancient Wyrms existed and were pets by some players, I have heard rumours that some players still might own one, but till I see one in game I have to believe they all went poof by the GM's.

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Aye, I recall seeing it, on Chessie, but that was forever ago. (That's what led me to dig around and ask :)). Fusili's link was interesting though... I wonder what the hues of that Ilshenar grey and green tub were, and if it's now a hue we have otherwise available.

Another fun obscure cloth hue is 2301. Afaik, the only time that hue was available was at a wedding in 2007 on Wakoku, when an IGM made a dye tub that hue, for the bridal party's dresses. (Bolts this hue still exist.)
For those of us who don't know the hue scale, could you post a picture of the cloth or color? Thanks, Brian!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
For those of us who don't know the hue scale, could you post a picture of the cloth or color? Thanks, Brian!
It's not necessarily a desirable color, other than it's rarity, as it can't be dyed through any means, except in that one tub at that one event 7 years ago.

< hue 2301 vs death robe (hue 0) >