• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stairs?

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, been lurking on this forum long enough, figured it was about time I posted something. Besides, I have a question.

I was playing on TC1, (I'd rather not rebuild my house for the time being), and I had this idea for the Virtue Tiles. The idea I had was to put steps completely surrounding the tiles, but my problem is that once I finish half, I can't place the stairs to finish the other half without having to delete them. Which brings me back to square one.

I know I'm probably not describing this very well, and I can't post a pic cause Photobucket's being mean to me and not loading. But the closest example I can find to what I'm trying to accomplish is in the Chamber of Virtue in Britain.

Anyone know if there's actually a way to do this? I'm at a total loss. And let me know if I don't make sense, and I'll try explaining differently, thanks =D

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to give you a head's up, I've been working on this for awhile now, but not having any luck as of yet. Heading out to take a final in one of my classes in a few minutes, but when I get home tonight, I'll work on it some more and see if I can figure it out unless someone else gets it before then.

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm at a total loss, I'd really like to be able to make it work in the design, but I can't figure it out :sad3:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AFAIK it isn't possible to do exactly what you want. Mianly because of the stair over lap and the way you have to delete the stairs. Also because there are no corner stair tiles for the southeast, southwest, and northeast areas to form an actual square (as there are in the exterior steps).

I messed around with it a bit tho and did some other things with the virtue tiles and stairs and will probably do more later. Sorry about the poor quality, I'm still using paint (need to DL photoshop).

Something to note, virtue tiles take up a 2x2 area (4 goza mats) that all must be raised the same height, I dismount and remount to "pop" the square goza mats on top then I raise each goza mat one more time before chopping, so I do not get the item merge delete bug that can happen when two deeded items occupy the same z axis coordinate.

A: Halved tile, they can be quartered I believe as well. Anyone doing this be careful if you try to redeed while the tile is chopped up it will poof.

B: You can do the tiles along the wall, note the backwall on north and west sides is pulled in by one tile. Also the chaos tile has been raised up five more times so it will be centered. I'll probably redo this to bring the back wall in even further so goza mats aren't showing.

C: Different height walls with virtue tiles, use four gozas under each square raied 5 or 10 times depending on the height of the wall.

D: Single virtue tile surrounded by a goza mat border.

E: You can do the south and east single step border thing that you wanted, could also do north and west but of course not all four, and can't do east/west or north/south.

F: You can do double steps around the virtue tile, you can't walk all the way up if there is a ceiling above you, but it would be fine if placed on a roof or outdoor area.

G: Four tiles on a 4x4 area, you could do two of these type deals and get all 8 virtue tiles that way.

Whew! That was fun, gotta go make dinner then I'll mess with it some more!

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faeryl, I think Sarsmi is right. Been playing around with it for a couple of hours now and I still can't figure out how to do it the way your wanting it done. I'l mess around with it a bit more tomorrow though, having a few ideas rolling around in my head that aren't fully formed yet in regards to Sarsmi's old spiral staircase thread from the old boards that I haven't tried as of yet.

As an aside, nice to see you back over here for a change instead of in the OT boards, Sarsmi. :bowdown:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More! Not done yet either, I have more ideas, muahaha.

A: Virtue tile cut up stairs, could be nice for an RP guild to have each different virtue a step on the staircase. And then have virtue related guild quests, or something similar.

B: Brought that corner wall in.

C: Cute "evil" staircase. Could also use an even shorter wall under the bottom chaos tile.

D: Eh just messing around with more ideas on surrounded a single virtue tile with cut up stairs.

E: An idea for a bordered virtue tile; can't be walked on. You can also put colored goza mats inside the small squares to change up the colors.

F: Decorative "evil" corner.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok now I'm done! I did a sort of homage to all the virtues on the top. On the bottom I got a lil wacky and cut up the tiles to form new ones. Which is great for people who feel like none of the virtues really represent them, but maybe mickey mouse does (I added in a couple black pearl that one to make the eyes). There is also one that is a bit anchor like for folks who like to sail. Not really sure what the other ones are, but yeah there ya go. rolleyes:

Faeryl

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah... kinda figured after a few more attempts that it wasn't gonna happen. Guess I'll have to tweak some of your ideas Sarsmi, so I'm not fully stealing them. I really like the bordered virtue tile and the ones along the wall.

I actually started thinking about using them instead of the gozas I have with my current stair layout, But I need to redesign the rest of my house. Again.

Well, I'll post whatever I come up with, along with my current design later on. For some reason Photobucket still won't load for me.

Oh, and how bad is it when your friends tell you that you must be really sick if you *don't* want to design a house? Cause I hear it a lot =D

E

envinyatar

I'm not getting it... its not working for me, but i guess i'll keep trying.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'll post whatever I come up with, along with my current design later on. For some reason Photobucket still won't load for me.
Do you mean Photobucket's site itself won't load or just pictures your linking here won't load? If its the second part, try using the bottom tag on the picture list over at Photobucket, the IMG one...that one seems to be working here for some reason. I tried using the top tag as usual in another post here and it didn't show the picture, but does when I use the bottom tag instead.

Envinyatar, what's not working for you? Helps to actually say what it is, then maybe we can help sort out whatever it is. :thumbup1:

E

envinyatar

Ok so i get the stairs set up ok. then i place the virtue tile, then the gozas and raise them then try to do the pop thing, nothing... i tried it like 18 diff ways, i place the gozas and raise them and try to place the tile, i try to raise the tile by itself, i've tried only raising one goza or a combination there of :(

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've placed and raised the gozas, then placed the tile on top of the gozas, right? After that, just mount your horse or dismount if your already on it and the gozas should pop on top.

E

envinyatar

that's the problem, it won't let me place it on top of the gozas =(

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's the problem, it won't let me place it on top of the gozas =(

You should be placing four square gozas in a square pattern, then raise them all the same amount so they are all even with each other, then target the goza that is on the northwest side with the virtue tile.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can't get it to place, let me know and I can come to your shard and show you how its done. I'll be around here until about 930 pm est tonight.