• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stacks of carpet dyable

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if everyone is aware of this (I was not even though in retrospect it seems common sense.) I wasted a lot of dye dying a carpet piece by piece before learning you can dye stacks of similar carpet squares at once.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't even know you could dye carpet... i guess you must have been using the new plant dyes can u post pics?

N

Nastia Cross

Yes PLEASE!! Post pics of dyed carpet.. *dreams of fancy black carpet for my evil mansion.. muahaha

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I dyed them with plant dyes. I honestly didn't even think to try a normal dye tub so I can't say for sure it wouldn't work...

Here's a small black one I was playing around with and a single square dyed metal that I'm using to cover a teleporter. :)

Attachments

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a shame, I thought if you dyed them then the gold decorative bits would stay golden :(

W

Wolfways

Yes you can use a normal dye tub.

Btw, how do you get it to stay above the teleporter? I've tried one, it dropped under the teleporter. I tried another one raised twice and that fell under too. So i tried both together and they still fell under it :(

Oh, and if you're playing in the EC then don't be surprised if bits of carpet vanish now and then. Mouse over the area and they are still there...

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw, how do you get it to stay above the teleporter? I've tried one, it dropped under the teleporter. I tried another one raised twice and that fell under too. So i tried both together and they still fell under it :(
Honestly I haven't had any trouble with them so far *crosses fingers* I just laid them down (like any normal item, not by targeting) and then double clicked on them to lock them down (didn't actually lock them down.) I'm playing in the 2d client if that makes a difference.