• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stacking Bookshelves?

N

natfbrazil

Hi all,

I'm trying to stack wooden shelves (bookshelves) up against a wall 4 across and stacked three high, twelve total.

I'm having a LOT of trouble getting them to stack. I tried filling one to max so it wouldn't go inside it, but it just refuses to stack.

Is this a goza mat thing? Could anyone help me with specifics?

Thanks very much!

F

feath

this is one of those ones where you LOWER the bookcase through the floor above. there are other people better able to tell you about it, i'll let them!

N

natfbrazil

OK, I guess it's two high, not three :)

But I have no floor, its open to floor below, where I'd be dropping them so not sure if that'd work :(

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I guess it's two high, not three :)

But I have no floor, its open to floor below, where I'd be dropping them so not sure if that'd work :(

I think the idea is that you put a floor in, lock the book case down, and remove the floor. You can also make a little goza mat elevator to get you to stand higher so you can drop the book shelf higher on top of another one.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An easy way to stack them is to place a trash barrel beside the wall, put two bookshelves in, and chop the trash barrel. Then you can lock the shelves down and raise them up accordingly.

N

natfbrazil

Update:

The 'two in a barrel' did NOT work as the one being raised would only raise the equivalent of one shelf.

The "build a floor, hack a floor" trick worked great!

I have two stacked rows of four, looks great!

Thanks all!

A

Amathist of PoC

Glad you asked the question because I wondered how it was doen also. Did you happen to try the Gozer mat trick did that work?