• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SSI & Ranged damage update discussion

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone provide us with some useful information about SSI changes & damage calculation updates following whats been mentioned in pub96?

1. What happened about the 250stam 60ssi, people can still swing at 1.25 sec? whats the current ssi cap?
2. Does the Damage reduction apply in pvp when reducing a weapon's swing speed more than 0.75sec?

@Bleak is it possible to add "weapon swing speed" (not swing speed increase) into the character sheet on EC?

Feel free to drop more questions regarding this topic because i'm very lost!

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Always depends on the swing of the weapon you use. But most weapons can reach 1.25 sec. SSI cap is 60.
2. It only increases the chance of damage reduction per .25 seconds if the swing speed is 0.75 secs faster and only for weapons that are slower than 3 sec.
Means the more you reduce the swing speed of your weapon (if its base swing is slower than 3 sec), the higher is the chance that you do the lowest damage of the possible damage scale of your weapon.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1. Always depends on the swing of the weapon you use. But most weapons can reach 1.25 sec. SSI cap is 60.
2. It only increases the chance of damage reduction per .25 seconds if the swing speed is 0.75 secs faster and only for weapons that are slower than 3 sec.
Means the more you reduce the swing speed of your weapon (if its base swing is slower than 3 sec), the higher is the chance that you do the lowest damage of the possible damage scale of your weapon.
So, if I am understanding this correctly, my composite bows (3.25 SS) will now do less damage if I "swing" them at 1.25 seconds?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if I am understanding this correctly, my composite bows (3.25 SS) will now do less damage if I "swing" them at 1.25 seconds?
Correct!

Thank you @Drowy for the clear info.

So i presume all the swing speed calculators are still working as intended.
Example: Composite still swings af 1.25 with 55ssi and 210stam

With this same composite hitting at 1.25 speed after pub86 it hits (17-18) instead of (17-18-19-20-21-22-23) in older patches. Correct?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you hit with 17 damage more often, but 23 is still possible, although there is no info about the percentages. Maybe with composite at 1.25 swing the percentage for 17-18 is 100%. I dont know, there is no info.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
To my knowledge there is no difference now in 55 or 60 ssi, as even at 211, you wont swing at 1.25s anymore, 1.5s, Is the fastest now no?
Having small damage for shooting faster in the RL makes sense, but in this game just makes killing a boss even longer as your damage output is lower, making the game more of a grind once again.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but they only nerfed ranged weapons slower than 3 sec base swing in damage. And moving shot was changed a bit. Nothing said they wont swing at 1.25 anymore.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, but they only nerfed ranged weapons slower than 3 sec base swing in damage. And moving shot was changed a bit. Nothing said they wont swing at 1.25 anymore.
Well, since a composite bow is a 3.25 weapon I am guessing they nerfed it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think you hit with 17 damage more often, but 23 is still possible, although there is no info about the percentages. Maybe with composite at 1.25 swing the percentage for 17-18 is 100%. I dont know, there is no info.
When I tested the changes on test center for the composite it was a consistent 17 points of base damage.

This was at max ssi and di.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well, since a composite bow is a 3.25 weapon I am guessing they nerfed it.
All weapons that have a base speed higher than 3 seconds are affected.

So pretty much after you reduce swing speed down from 3.25 to 2.5 seconds every .25 seconds after that it ticks down to the base damage.

The whole change seemed to be worthless since they capped AI at 30 and running shot is always physical.

It was merely a difference of 5-6 points after those changes with the biggest issues being run down with elemental bows and AI hitting for 35.

But I digress.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok thank you all for confusing the hell out of me, seems im not the only one who didnt get this right!

Fact is im still swining at 1.25 using my compo at 55ssi 210stam. But on the other hand, im pretty sure that something was mentioned about 240stam 60ssi, but i cant find it now, im assuming this change was taken off from the latest publish update...?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fact is im still swining at 1.25 using my compo at 55ssi 210stam. But on the other hand, im pretty sure that something was mentioned about 240stam 60ssi, but i cant find it now, im assuming this change was taken off from the latest publish update...?
Maybe 240 stam was for melee weapons? I can't see how you can get 240 stam on an archer.

150 dex + 60 on suit parts + 10 from two 5 stam jewels + 10 on obi = 230. I guess actually 235 if you got stamina on the bow as well.

I think there is also 10 stam on that shield from shadow guard but that's no use on archer.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can get 12 stamina on the upgraded legs of bane, but wont get you to 240 either.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it affects all weapons slower than 3 sec base swing if they swing faster than their base swing. The Faster they swing, the more they will do damage at the bottom end of their damage scale.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ok thank you all for confusing the hell out of me, seems im not the only one who didnt get this right!

A 4 second weapon will swing at 1.25 s at 210 Stam and 55 ssi.

Ignore the 240 and 60 ssi, that was merely part of the discussion while they were sorting out the swing speed changes.

Long story short they were stating the caps that would allow you to reach 1.25s on a weapon, it wasn't meant to be confused as a requirement.