• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring Cleaning 2008

G

Taken from UHall.
web page

<blockquote><hr>

Spring Cleaning 2008

Ah, how time flies. Spring has come once again to Britannia, but the sweet smell of blossoming flowers outside our homes can’t belie the memories of battles fought long so very long ago. Or is that the chest overflowing with Ophidian weapons in the corner? Or maybe it’s the bag of cursed artifacts hidden upstairs?

Time to cleanup, Britannia!

· Publish 52 institutes the first round of Spring Cleaning collections and rewards

· Four NPCs around the world collect items in exchange for tickets

· The tickets can be redeemed for rewards in a new community collection

· Rewards:

- Shirts

· Comes with one phrase of choice
· Blessed
· Dyable

- Nocturne Earrings

· Grayish silver
· Night Sight

- RBG Sashes

· “Royal Britannia Guard”
· One color per Virtue/Town
· Blessed

- Scroll of Alacrity

· Increase skill gain for 15 minutes in the scroll’s skill
· Skill is randomly set once redeemed from the collection

- Sherry the Mouse Statue

· Larger than life statue of Sherry, in marble
· Will be hooked into the Town Crier system in Publish 53

- Snake Skin Boots

· Random snake skin hue
· +2% Poison Resist

- Knight’s Armor

· White
· Each piece has 7% resists, +1 HP
· Total: 42% resists, +6HP as a set of 6 items

Turn-Ins

- Makiko the Samurai

· Turnins:
- Ophidian Journals
- Ophidian Orders

· Zento, Rokuon Cultural Center, 1st Floor

- Lozat the Numismatist

· Turnins:
- Copper Shilling
- Silver Crown
- Gold Sovereign

· Britain (Trammel), East Britain Bank

- Calaid the Soldier

· Turnins:
- Ophidian Rations
- Slippery Snake Skins

· Britain (Trammel), North guard tower at Castle Britannia entrance

· Siege: Guard tower southwest of West Britain Bank

- Onoe the Soldier

· Turnins:
- Cursed Artifacts
- Magincia Rubble
- Planesword
- Planeshield
- Staff of Pyros
- Vorpal Blade
- Magical Weapons (Power, Vanquishing, Mystic)
- Ophidian Weapons (Power, Vanquishing, Mystic)
- Berserker’s Scythe
- Ophidian Berserker’s Bardiche
- Invalis’s Burchete

· Britain (Trammel), South guard tower at Castle Britannia entrance

· Siege: Guard tower southwest of West Britain Bank

· Community collection box

- Located with Onoe the Soldier

[/ QUOTE ]

Bit of additional info I found from Jeremy -
<blockquote><hr>

It's a point system - the Herald blogger function doesn't handle charts well (it doesn't handle fancy formatting well at all, as you may have noticed) so I'm saving the actual list for the TC notes, but for example, Ophidian Rations are ten points, a Vanquishing weapon is 650 points, and a Berserker's Scythe is 7500 points, and so on. For rewards, you spend the points: a t-shirt is 1000, the earrings are 10k, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Is it just me or do others think this is a pretty piss poor attempt?

I was part of the original Clean Up Brit and I have to say it was better than this, and that was over 7-8yrs ago.

S

StarlaUO

The nightsight earrings are nice... the rest of the items... hmm.... the usual collectibles and non-usable pixels. The pheonix set in the first clean-up is not very useful just that they are rare... So in 9 years time, the Knight Armor set may become as rare if they require ridiculous amount of points to claim a piece and each piece is random.

The snakeskin footwear could do with more resists. +2 poison resist?? that quite low....

G

Considering in the last clean up we had things like - CBD and Item Bless Deeds, and this was in a time when there was no insurance or anyother way to get a CBD.

The standard of rewards is very low.

Only thing I've read that may save it is this is the First Stage of handins.
Considering that though the next lot will have to use different items handed in or there will be a lot of annoyed ppl out there that hand everything in now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The snakeskin footwear could do with more resists. +2 poison resist?? that quite low....

[/ QUOTE ]

It will become a part of everyone's suit tho, well except for those who have vine cords. The resists dont need to be high, its the fact that they booties that count.

E

eric23

I tend to agree, this does seem a little poor, on the items being offered. The Sherry the mouse statuette, seems a nice touch, however. I also agree that IBD's would again be, very nice , however some of the other items ... well lets just hope that the knights set pieces are not random, why bother with the previous events if it comes down to randomness, at least you got to choose with the TOT's.

G

Okay, if I can be a Negative Nellie for a bit, looking mostly at "usefulness" (though that goes against my RP grain, somewhat)

- Shirts

A doublet, tunic, etc would be more popular, hardly anyone wears just a shirt without armour over it (same dealie as the "acquired by begging" and "we created the food" shirts). Hope they don't have moronic AoS style out-of-context slogans. Ordinary shirts are both blessable &amp; dyable so I don't see those as huge attractors.

- Nocturne Earrings

Handy for some I expect. You know, what I'd like to see is a special wearable that's a light source.. bit like a lantern or torch without taking up hand equip slots, and a bit outside the box from your typical slap-nightsight-on-it property. Actually, scratch that, give me earrings that cancel the night sight property on my suit/race, yeah.

- RBG Sashes

Already in-game, and blessable/dyable.

- Scroll of Alacrity

One of the things I was hoping was a hand-in item, lol..

- Sherry the Mouse Statue

I'd like one of these, pending how awesome it is or isn't. Hoping it's more than a rehued ratman statue but I have a sinking feeling it will be. Pub53 had better bring more than "I have no news at this time".

- Snake Skin Boots

Nice for rounding out your suit, hope they're dyable or would like to see them non-randomly coloured (selectable, rather).

- Knight’s Armor

Guess this is a role play suit, although I've never quite liked knightly RP that couldn't be backed up by actual prowess. Sounds as if this is a ceremonial armour, something to get married in or for lounging around the throne room talking politics with the idle detachment of nobility. I'd rather see something called "British's Standard" or "Blackthorn's Livery", tunics with the order/chaos symbols on them you could wear over your actual combat armour. 2D avatars would simply use a tunic sprite, but the paperdoll would have the crests on them. KR would have a new render, I guess.

Random thought.. wondering why the cloaks aren't included as a hand-in item. I heard they would be omitted so I'm not shocked, just puzzled as to the point of collecting them. It didn't even cut down on item count as blackrock and cloaks were a 1:1 conversion.

Negativity aside, and if I can play Dev's Advocate for a sec... I'm guessing most of them if not all, weren't around for the first clean up, and haven't realised the legacy with which they're competing. Hoping the tickets/points can be saved for future releases, and hoping those add to the list of redeemable prizes.

G

If you go looking for posts by Draconi in the past couple days (sorry I would, but I'm buggered, and hubby is bringing me my coffee, and that's all I care about right now =P) he posted something along the lines that cloaks and threads will have a future use =)

If nobody else has before I feel less buggered, I'll find post and quote it =P

G

No need.. I'll take you at your word.

Best quote from the UHall thread so far:

"Maybe they should just change all the rewards to boxes of tissues."

G

After looking at all these rewards I reckon they are good, nice and unique without being SUPER UBER OMG WTF LEET (if ya know what i mean :O).

G

Yeah, nothing overpowered in there, nothing to bugger up the balance or "ruin pvp only to get nerfed 6 months later after the damage is done, thereby annoying the pvm crowd who now can't do without it" syndrome. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some diehard alchemists scream bloody murder over the nightsight earrings..

Weird thing: I joked in the "clean up papua" thread about a commemorative shirt &amp; now there is one, heh..

Hmm, maybe if I joke about Shepherds suddenly being filthy rich..

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a time limit? I cant get in game much for a little while, i dont want to be stuck with all this stuff and miss out?

G

It's not active yet, Jah-Jah, it'll be a while before we get it.

But I imagine they'll leave it active for a time, at least, and there are more rounds of rewards coming, so it's said. Assuming you'll be able to accrue points by handing in stuff and then use said points at your leisure to claim rewards.

Guess we'll know more when it hits us.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

It's not active yet, Jah-Jah, it'll be a while before we get it.

But I imagine they'll leave it active for a time, at least, and there are more rounds of rewards coming, so it's said. Assuming you'll be able to accrue points by handing in stuff and then use said points at your leisure to claim rewards.

Guess we'll know more when it hits us.

[/ QUOTE ]

*calms down*

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

Is there a time limit? I cant get in game much for a little while, i dont want to be stuck with all this stuff and miss out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if its like the Luna libary burning...ya have no worries..or better yet..:D the trick or treating ..that ended in Jan right?

As for the stuff. Its balanced. Its ok. Heck all I care about now is releasing some of my lock downs.

D

Dain69

I think its good they are giving [censored] rewards, and the only decent ones are easy to get.

JMO

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I'd hate to think they were rewarding Pack Rat behaviour!

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

I'd hate to think they were rewarding Pack Rat behaviour!

[/ QUOTE ]

hey now Im a pack rat in Real life too :p I just know the 8 track will make a comeback LoL :p

G

More details here, subject to change:

Full Publish 52 List

<blockquote><hr>

Turn-in items:

Ophidian Rations............................................... 10pts

Planesword .................................................... 20pts

Planeshield ................................................... 20pts

Copper Shilling ............................................... 50pts

Ophidian Journals ............................................. 100pts

Ophidian Orders ............................................... 200pts

Slippery Snake Skins .......................................... 250pts

Silver Crown .................................................. 400pts

Power Weapon .................................................. 500pts

Vanquishing Weapon ............................................ 650pts

Magincia Rubble ............................................... 800pts

Mystic Weapon ................................................. 1,000pts

Staff of Pyros ................................................ 1,500pts

Vorpal Blade .................................................. 1,500pts

Ophidian Weapon (Power) ....................................... 2,000pts

Ophidian Weapon (Vanquishing) ................................. 2,500pts

Ophidian Weapon (Mystic) ...................................... 3,500pts

Cursed Artifacts .............................................. 5,000pts

Berserker's Scythe ............................................ 7,500pts

Gold Sovereign ................................................ 10,000pts

Ophidian Berserker's Bardiche ................................. 25,000pts

Inavlis's Burchete ............................................ 2,000,000pts

Rewards:

Shirt: "I survived the Ophidian War" .......................... 1,000pts

Shirt: "I survived the snakes on the plains" .................. 1,000pts

Shirt: "I saved the day and all I got was this fancy shirt" ... 1,000pts

Shirt: "Free Ricardo!" ........................................ 1,000pts

Shirt: "Hang Ricardo!" ........................................ 1,000pts

Shirt: "Magincia Pride" ....................................... 1,000pts

Shirt: "Minax is #1" .......................................... 1,000pts

Shirt: "Council of Mages are #1" .............................. 1,000pts

Shirt: "True Britannians are #1" .............................. 1,000pts

Shirt: "Shadowlords are #1" ................................... 1,000pts

Nocturne Earrings ............................................. 10,000pts

RBG Sash (Blue) ............................................... 20,000pts

RBG Sash (Yellow) ............................................. 20,000pts

RBG Sash (Red) ................................................ 20,000pts

RBG Sash (Green) .............................................. 20,000pts

RBG Sash (Orange) ............................................. 20,000pts

RBG Sash (Purple) ............................................. 20,000pts

RBG Sash (White) .............................................. 20,000pts

RBG Sash (Black) .............................................. 20,000pts

Scroll of Alacrity ............................................ 25,000pts

Sherry the Mouse Statue ....................................... 40,000pts

Snake Skin Boots .............................................. 75,000pts

Knight's Close Helm ........................................... 200,000pts

Knight's Norse Helm ........................................... 200,000pts

Knight's Plate Helm ........................................... 200,000pts

Knight's Bascinet ............................................. 200,000pts

Knight's Gorget ............................................... 200,000pts

Knight's Gloves ............................................... 200,000pts

Knight's Arms ................................................. 200,000pts

Knight's Legs ................................................. 200,000pts

Knight's Breastplate .......................................... 200,000pts

Knight's Breastplate (Female) ................................. 200,000pts

[/ QUOTE ]

G

If anyone's morbidly interested in collecting Alacrity scrolls, I have one spare of each of the following:

Hiding
Healing
Fishing
Tailoring
Parry
Meditation

I'll trade you two of your choice (50k value) for a Sherry the Mouse statue (40k value). Bargain, eh?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is anyone else a tad dissapointed by the amount of points you need for each item? I mean i have about 4 journals (which at the time were very hard to get if i remember correctly) and i have prolly a total af around 40 bits of ophidian rations. Ill be lucky if i can get myself a shirt....

Anyone else a little overwhelmed?

S

StarlaUO

I think it takes an insane high amount of points to collect a set of 6-piece knight armour. Not even talking about every pieces of it, just 6 peices requires 160 berserker scythes!!! or 60 000 plane swords/shields...

G

At least the dupers and scripters will work out its a waste for them

G

I was hoping to get a full set of armour but it looks like it won't be happening unless someone's willing to sell pieces (and I dread to think what they'll be asking). I actually wanted both tunics, too, but as a great man once said, "Tell him he's dreamin'.."

I think it's enough that the turn-in greatly reduces the amount of items cluttering up the server, and not create another layer of super-rare items only a select few can afford. Granted none are artifact-quality, but who knows what this suit might do. Sadly I haven't had 9 accounts crammed full of event crap for the last three years to get one &amp; find out.

G

and the worse thing is, other then the plain sheilds &amp; swords (which arnt worth that much anyway) you cant get anything else and the thing thats worth the most points ive never even heard of!

E

eric23

Kat, from what i've gleamed on that item and i could be wrong here, was that there were one per shard.
yes, im fairly disappointed in the value of the items to trade in, compared to the value being asked for the rewards, seems pointless ever doing an event again.

G

oh righteo!!
Its just... grrr... unless your some sort of power gamer or what not and bower birded a castle full of items theres no hope in hell in getting those things.
Think ill just get that all i got was this tshirt and be done with it i think. I dont have anywhere near enough of those items to get enough points to get the other things.
Sucks to be an average jo eh

G

Need a shirt that says "I got gypped by the Spring Cleaning in '08", hehe..

G

Well, they have said it's the first round of cleanup, and next publish brings in at least one more item as a reward (mouse hole) so maybe they'll add more turn-in items to the list too?

I've got a couple full sets of cursed arti's I think, so (quite selfishly I admit) I hope they don't drop the points for them! =D LOL! And now at least I will have a use for the burnt plant rubble I have too, I hadnt been able to decide on anything to do with all that =)

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If i coulod have my name on the shirt id be happy. Id be even more happy if i could choose the type of clothing

G

Yeah i was kinda hoping for some named clothing of some sort for KR but no such luck
id love something with my name on it as i 'lost' my whispering rose many moons ago and i didnt have an active account when AOS popped up

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I somewhere have a rose with the name Katline on it. Not exactly the same but if i can find it you can have it.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill start searching when i get home tonight. Its in my castle.... somwhere.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If i coulod have my name on the shirt id be happy. Id be even more happy if i could choose the type of clothing

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder why they don't have actual cleaning clothes, like a commemorative apron or skullcap. Oh! You could have a dustpan, you use it on stuff you want to throw out, or trash laying around the bank, it eventually fills up, then you empty it into a trashcan. Or furniture polish, turns rough granite tables into polished marble!