• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spoilers] Stygian Abyss Creatures' Special Loot UPDATED: Mini-champ-spawn Locations

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Spoilers] Stygian Abyss Creatures' Special Loot UPDATED: Mini-champ-spawn Locati

Just starting to look through this (I've been slacking and training imbuing instead :D). Reading the .pdf file, the heading on Minichamps is 'layout'. I therefore believe they're listed in the order you encounter them when progressing through the abyss from Underworld. Which makes 'lava caldera' the first one you find, at the Underworld exit and 'crimson veins' the last one, with the fire elemental renowned.
Does that make any sense?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Spoilers] Stygian Abyss Creatures' Special Loot UPDATED: Mini-champ-spawn Locati

We're going to spend years exploring this expansion, aren't we....Finding new things for at least 1.5 years, another year or two confirming that there's nothing new to find. Then, of course, because Imbued items break, we'll always need, for example, another Slasher of Veils claw or Essence of something.

I guess that was their intent.

-Galen's player

S

Salya Sin

Oh interesting! I hadnt bothered to kill the clockwork scorpions much. I think Rakktavi has a special where he summons 6 or so clockwork scorpions too.

** confirmed, Rakktavi is an archer
I do believe you are correct Sir! That would explain so many scorpions but there were others popping in the distance that would come a-crawling. I wonder if the other mini-rat-champs do that as well?

And I didn't notice him being an archer... but there were three of us and an EV going at him... so it's possible we were just concealing his sharp pointy projectiles... Thanks! :)

Oh and I will try to get those pics posted tonight... :danceb:

D

Drawde2

One of the rats is a straight melee, nothing special that I noticed, though I'm a tamer and not usually getting hit.

The ribbon rat is a spellcaster with mysticism spells. Loves casting that aoe curse that makes you take damage when you attack or cast damage spells. I have to stay back from that one since it can switch targets after an aoe.

The last rat is the archer that summons mechanical scorpions. Haven't beaten that one. Too many scorps means dead pet.

One last thing. I think it was from one of the renowned rats, but I found an 'empty tile'. Exactly what it says. One stone of exactly nothing. Not even the word 'nodraw' or a black tile.