spoiler question

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 30, 2004
Makoto & Luna
Yeps! :) Are the names devs again this year? I quickly glanced and noticed Draconi so I'm gonna assume yes.

You're from Chessy? I moved here from there in 06'.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
Yeps! :) Are the names devs again this year? I quickly glanced and noticed Draconi so I'm gonna assume yes.

You're from Chessy? I moved here from there in 06'.
Some of the names I don't remember from before. I'll have to locate my pumpkins too see if any are different.

Yep I'm from chessy. I thought about moving to origin but I have so much stuff that I would have to leave behind. I have one character on origin I play on. Still working on her skills so she sucks right now. :)

G

Ghost_Writer

Christy, if you're really thinking about moving, actually bringing a character or 2 over, it's easier than you think, you won't believe how much you can transfer if you just manage it properly. You can bring 5 packies, so 5 +bank +backpack x125 =875 +13 wear-ables = 888 items per/character you can bring over. Now if you are willing to sacrifice some organization, dispose of all containers which are not keepers in themselves. If you have let say some resource separated into bags of types, toss all the bags and save those item counts. Make sure you put all stack-ables into single stacks, don't have anything stack-able in multiple places. Put the heaviest stuff in your bank, it has no weight limit. Packies carry 1400 or 1600 stones, I forget which but you can easily test it. Use commodity deeds for everything you can, and put all your gold into checks, saves weight. Make sure you only have one commodity deed per item.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2003
Baja!!
And that is the short version of the best way to transfer!! I just wish I had more time to play more on other shards.

PS I took one of my chars that are on Origin and went and played with the pumpkins. LOTS of new names and they spawn in Black also. Which BTW I have 3 on her if anyone wants them.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 30, 2004
Makoto & Luna
Ghost is right, moving isn't too bad if you plan ahead. :)

I moved all 6 characters here along with a rune library, tons of resources, my rares/armor that was valuable enough to carry along, pets auto follow you in the stables and any gold or misc items I needed. The stuff I could easily regather (such as the rune library benches) I threw away or sold.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2003
Baja!!
Oh indeed, Ghost's method is the best. We were given 2 accts from a friend when he left UO. Trouble was he played Pacific and we play Baja. So we gathered up all the "good stuff" And transfered the most useful character over with everything. This was before soulstones and fragments so we still have several chars on Pac with mostly developed chars. We got everything of value which was a good bit over on that char, lots of tossing and deciding but managed.

F

Flora Green

I found a black pumpkin (almost overlooked it) when I was getting some wheat today. I also picked up Kilandra's pumpkin and it's next to Draconi's now at my shop. Cause I'm just all mushy like that. :p