• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[SPOILER ALERT!] Illustrated Guide for Human/Elf Transit Thru The Abyss to Ter Mur

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wrote a rather lengthy illustrated guide in Word for my guildmates on how to get their human and elf characters though the Abyss and into Ter Mur.

It's definitely full of spoilers, so please read no further if you wish to be surprised and figure out the process yourself.

I apologize this will be rather blurry, but I don't have any other way to post it, at the moment.

Have fun exploring!

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Illustrated Guide for Human/Elf Transit Thru The Abyss to Ter Mu

Bless you Tina. :)

J

Jafanarae

Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Illustrated Guide for Human/Elf Transit Thru The Abyss to Ter Mu

Thank you, you are wonderful! :)

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I fricking love you

O

Old Man of UO

This is GREAT!

... perhaps you can convince Petra to add to a page on Stratics?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Indeed. Great work!

K

kaldera4

a big REL SANCT for you! ill try your guide in a hour. is there anything i should take with me?

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WOW -- you did all that by yourself Tina!? Amazing and Outstanding! I do not think a big Rel Sanct is good enough! Yes, it is very hard to read and hopefully this can get posted some place so that people can take advantage of your intricate and awesome work!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you're using Internet Explorer, don't forget there's a magnifying glass tool in the lower right corner that lets you zoom in. Might help you see things just a bit better.

K

kaldera4

tina really great work! is it possible to mark a rune in tel mur to easy travel then?

M

mutau

Tina you ROCK! you know that? YOU ROCK!

M

mutau

*bump*

Sticky this pls.

E

El Phantasmo

Awesome job! And thank you VERY much!!:thumbup:

ONETWOTHREE

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can this be done using 2d client and what are acid sacs look like?

Congealed Slug Acid??

not seem working for me :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

tina really great work! is it possible to mark a rune in tel mur to easy travel then?
Yes, once you get through the Abyss and Tomb of Kings, you can mark runes in Ter Mur and cast gates from there back to "the other side." You can recall to Ter Mur using a rune marked there. Haven't tested it in a great while, but I believe you cannot mark runes or cast gates while inside the Underworld, the Tomb of Kings, or in the Abyss.

If you make a gargoyle character, there is a quest "chain" you can do from the Ter Mur side to allow your character to use the Tomb of Kings to enter the Abyss and travel through to the Underworld and out into Trammel. You have to talk to the Seer NPC south of the Tomb of Kings; kill some creatures; visit the museum; find the Shrine of Singularity, say a mantra, and pass a test regarding information you learned at the museum. Only after you do those things can you pass the Guardians in the Tomb of Kings and enter the Abyss.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can this be done using 2d client and what are acid sacs look like?

Congealed Slug Acid??

not seem working for me :(
The acid slugs drop three unusual things as loot. Keep killing them until you find a particular item that works and then get one more to use on the second set of vines. Garamon will give you hints if you say the right things to him.

You can use either client. I made the screen shots in the guide using the Enhanced client.

B

Beer_Cayse

Firefox ... hold CTRL and use the mousewheel forward. It's pretty legible.

Damn fine work Tina ...

B

budweis96

is there no way to get there without fighting? i play crafting chars and am on 56k and locked up and died at front door trying this. i wish they would have let us know that if dont fight cant get there and wouldnt have bought it. i eventually will be back on cable but im stationed in a 56k only area for about a year. any work arounds if all char slots full to get there?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In a few days we can cross with the moongates.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Mahalo for sharing Tina!

*cookie hugs*

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

is there no way to get there without fighting? i play crafting chars and am on 56k and locked up and died at front door trying this. i wish they would have let us know that if dont fight cant get there and wouldnt have bought it. i eventually will be back on cable but im stationed in a 56k only area for about a year. any work arounds if all char slots full to get there?
You can get to Ter Mur using runes that someone else has marked. I believe there will also be public moongate access at some point, but it isn't operational yet.

It can get very laggy when you're in the pit with the slugs. I always try to stand on the sloping sides of the pit and avoid walking among the slugs unless I really can't help it. You could potentially have your strongest character kill slugs until you have 2 for each of your characters that you know will actually have a reason to visit the Abyss. Then they just have to be able to run run run and also be able to participate in killing Tyball's shade. They may not get the cloak as a drop, but I was able to finish getting the triumverate keys in the beta with one of my characters just doing part of the damage.

I plan to have all my characters that are capable of killing monsters do the quest and maybe some of my crafters that have tinkering skill. I need to brush up on Sutek's quest before I decide about taking my crafters into the Abyss. If I had a thief to use for stealing artifacts, I'd also be thinking about running them through the quest to enter the Abyss.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I want to have your babies. Seriously thanks for this. I been pulling my hair out for awhile now.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Wait a minute, is that silver sapling seed thing a one time only deal or what?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wait a minute, is that silver sapling seed thing a one time only deal or what?
I'm not sure, Ender. With all the wipes we had in test, I never had a character last long enough to die more than once in the Abyss to find out.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So... the shade... does it REALLY take like 5000 years to respawn, and does it REALLY have the yellow key, one per shade?

S

soulstoner

Tina Small = Super-duper-Awesome :party:

Thank you :thumbup:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One yellow key per kill.. Good luck getting rights with 5465465 people farming it for the cloak...

H

Hurricane

Where are the new champ spawns at? are they in ter mur or are they in fel???

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Some of us in the beta test had started to assemble something showing the mini-champ areas and tentatively came up with the areas on the maps below. The numbers in green were other areas of interest:

#1 is the Silver Sapling room

#2 is the entrance to one of the Fel rule-set champ spawns.

#3 is the Medusa peerless area.

#4 is the Stygian Dragon peerless area.

#5 is the Cavern of the Discarded.

#6 is where you will find Sutek.

#7 is the entrance to the other Fel rule-set champ spawn.

The three question marks may be special housing areas. (See the Pub. 60 notes.)

Note that these maps are from the weekend and I believe there may be at least two new bridges in the Abyss that do not show on these maps.

Attachments

H

Hurricane

So you cant get to it through fel just through ter mur?

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank You so much for this, Tina.
Shade respawn was ~ 8 minutes, on Atlantic, just a bit ago.

G

GreyNoob

10-15 minute spawn time, and so far each one I've done majority damage on has dropped a key

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Do we still have an adventurers forum somewhere that the maps could get stickied?

R

RedWizard

So, what about if we used morphing tokens on people in britannia already.

How do we get those gargoyles to Ter Mur?

complete the same quest?

getting the ones that start in TerMur aint so bad....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So you cant get to it through fel just through ter mur?
I believe the entrance at location #2 takes you to the Primeval Liche champ spawn and the entrance at location #7 takes you to the Abyssal Inferno champ spawn. I think access to the champ spawns from Fel is through the Hythloth and Deceit dungeons.

These are the descriptions of the two champs from the Publish 60 notes:

Primeval Lich
- Howl of the Lich: A howl so powerful it creates a cold blast radius causing cold damage to all players and their pets.
- Creeping Death: Occasionally, the Primeval Lich will call creatures of the darkness to his aid. Up to six lightning strikes will randomly assault players and pets within a 15 tile radius of the Lich. A shadow dweller will spawn at each point near the impact of these lightning strikes and attack players and pets within range.
- Unholy Touch: The Lich's touch will occasionally corrupt the player's soul, temporarily draining some of his skills and attributes.
- Teleport Taunt: The Lich should taunt players out of attack range when they attack the lich with ranged weapons or magic.

Abyssal Inferno
- Fiendish Calling: Summons weak versions of Elementals in small groups (5% chance).
- Meteors: Calls down the fury of burning meteors to devastate the battlefield in a raw display of power.
- Condemnation: Condems players to the Pit by teleporting them to one of the 5 lava pits around the lair, temporarily stunning them and doing continuous damage.
- Mark of One: Greatly reduces the target's HP.

S

SUPRsalad

Some are saying the gates are broken? We've scanned every dungeon on the planet, and still nothing.. . :(
As I accidentally made my only blue character red the other night, Im feelin preeeeeeety left out. . . :(

R

RedWizard

Some are saying the gates are broken? We've scanned every dungeon on the planet, and still nothing.. . :(
As I accidentally made my only blue character red the other night, Im feelin preeeeeeety left out. . . :(
well all I can say is EA dropped the effin ball with this expansion.

I paid 30$ (waste), morphed my two mains into gargoyles then.....

made a gargoyle, cant get to Britannia because the quest is too rough for a new character
.....cant get my humans gone gargoyle over to ter mer because theyre naked.

and even if I do, my new gargoyle is stranded for awhile til I can get him out of ter mur. Hes supposed to be my new crafter.

Theres a moon gate right outside the royal city. You cant use it.

and, most of the crap ive encountered is too hard to fight with a new warrior anyways.

its pretty stupid. Tons of high end human/elves are all over ter mur waltzing through no problem, while the newb gargoyles are relatively hosed

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

made a gargoyle, cant get to Britannia because the quest is too rough for a new character

and even if I do, my new gargoyle is stranded for awhile til I can get him out of ter mur. Hes supposed to be my new crafter.

and, most of the crap ive encountered is too hard to fight with a new warrior anyways.

its pretty stupid. Tons of high end human/elves are all over ter mur waltzing through no problem, while the newb gargoyles are relatively hosed
RedWizard, which shard are you? I'll be happy to come and gate you out and mark you whatever runes you might need so you can go back to Ter Mur when you're ready.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

*frowns* Do not get ugly in this thread... This thread is well liked.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Explore a little and wait a little there people who made the cross to the other side and mark runes.You will get to the othe side soon !
Moongates will open up to the other side soon too. Have a little patience.

I know i will mark runes and drop them around Banks as soon i get a chance on Drachenfels and Napa! :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

The gates will work later... Wait for it.

R

RedWizard

Explore a little and wait a little there people who made the cross to the other side and mark runes.You will get to the othe side soon !
Moongates will open up to the other side soon too. Have a little patience.

I know i will mark runes and drop them around Banks as soon i get a chance on Drachenfels and Napa! :)
bah.

humans/elves barreled thru effortlessly (I know because I tried it), and entered Ter Mur.

its a flood of humans/elves taming crap to go back and sell to people rofl.

The marked rune thing is convenient sure, but also makes it slightly less fun since you just track down a human or elf who made it through, and then you play the warping game and set yourself up with runes for your runebook :(

it still seems like any new players who freshly start playing UO with SA and choose to begin as a gargoyle are totally screwed. There is no real simple/straightforward way to level your skills up in Ter Mur. New players are doomed.

They should have made the Ter Mur ---> Britannia trek a bit easier, and made it so you can't enter Ter Mur unless youve completed a quest.

but thats just my opinion on it.

I made it through finally. If you dont use throwing, youll never survive. That is the only real safe way. Skill up throwing to around 70, and ninja your way through the quest chain.

M

mutau

*bump bump* pls sticky

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

May I steal it please Tina?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Omg, Tina. Brilliant work. Very impressive, indeed!

S

Stig

Your a Star, I will be trying it later :)

S

Salya Sin

A group from my guild and I did this tonight and it was a BLAST! Thanks so much for the time you put into this!

Only thing I would add... and perhaps we're just dorks... but after you get the third key... you click it.. we had NO CLUE where to go. It was just a matter of.... well... something is that way... look... a sparkly gate... lets go there... so yeah. Maybe an addition that after you get the key... go back out and to the west of the entrance to Ankh room.

OH and that Shade guy drops pottery shards... and something else. An ancient scroll... just FYI.

Now if we could just get the farmers who are camping there and not letting people get the yellow key to stop... it'd be GREAT!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE AWESOME GUIDE!!!