• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Splinter Poison Katana

JayT

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Splinter Poison Katana.png

Does this Katana have any worth besides the POFs I used to bring it up to 255 durability? Thank you.........

JayT

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
not really. the brightblade is 20 splinter............
Not sure why you are comparing it to a brightblade unless its a katana comparison as they would do different things. Would not the brightblade leech stamina whereas this poisons as an effect? How is that a similar comparison? The brightblade's ssi I would think its not a major issue since katanas are normally used by high dexter characters so even with no ssi are swinging near or at the limit for speed. That being said I would see this as a main difference of the 5% splinter and stamina versus poison effect for any comparison.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why you are comparing it to a brightblade unless its a katana comparison as they would do different things. Would not the brightblade leech stamina whereas this poisons as an effect? How is that a similar comparison? The brightblade's ssi I would think its not a major issue since katanas are normally used by high dexter characters so even with no ssi are swinging near or at the limit for speed. That being said I would see this as a main difference of the 5% splinter and stamina versus poison effect for any comparison.

Sorry mate but you wasted your POF on that weapon. And yes the Brightblade is a Katana that can be purchased really cheap (100K - 500K) gold. The Brightblade is also better than the Katana you posted in every possible way.

Now I will list the reasons as to why the weapon you have there is not ideal.

1. Splintering weapon is 15% (Needs to be 20-30)
2. No Damage Increase ( It would be almost impossible to Armor Ignore for 35 damage and that's also the only good special move on the weapon)
3. No Hit Spell, Hit Lower Defense or any useful mods for that matter.
4. It doesn't disarm or have infectious strike ( Butcher Knife or War Fork is pretty much the only splintering weapon worth buying IMO )

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hard to understand all the stats i know...

the "poison damage" on weapons does not add damage like a spell poison would. it only does extra damage if that is the lowest base resist of your opponent. However, the major pvp special move to a katana is armor ignore, so the poison damage wouldnt really come into play unless on a basic hit, which, without damage increase would not be much.

in regards to the brightblade, the only splintering katanas worth more than a brightlade are generally: ones with higher than 20 splinter, ones with hit lower defense, ones with hit spell. And damage increase is pretty much required on armor ignore / heavy hitter weapons or the suit / template is just too much of a pain to build. Not so much on weapons you only use for specials like bleed or poison or disarm.

JayT

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ok, that information is useful so thank you all except the first one who basically said no its not worth it and left all reason or logic out. If we knew everything to begin with we wouldn't come here to post questions for information right?