• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spirituality shield ruining pvp balance!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we combine the two current threads related to this?

As far as I can tell from reading both threads, people like @TimberWolf defending the shield are arguing "why should this be removed" and people against it are arguing "why should this be implemented" .

Personally, I don't think this should've ever been introduced to pvp:

1) it covers too much HP and is a massive advantage in pvp

2) spirituality is really easy to gain and this shield can be applied on anyone (aka. really easy to script and abuse)

3) survivability in UO is already at an all time high, We already have suits with max hpi, hpr, eaters,50ep and 45+ defense chances, this is just an added level of complexity that alters the playing field too much between those who bother with this extra detail and those who don't.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna your input is appreciated. Was this intended to apply to pvp? If so, did you consult with any pvper before implementing this? I get that it goes on Test Center, but we should all know by now that Test doesn't get much attention, and I think it's BS if we're going to put this at the foot of the customer rather than the developers...
Part of the preliminary release of any feature is the feedback period when those features are on TC1, Origin & Izumo. In this particular case we even went beyond that in opening up a focus group for the Time of Legends that was open to all those interested in providing such feedback. Contrary to what you may think, we get a tremendous amount of feedback from TC1, Origin & Izumo and we are ever grateful to those who take the first steps into polishing a final product. The feedback process doesn't end with TC1, Origin & Izumo and we continually evaluate feedback once features are released world wide. The only way, however, that we can evaluate feedback is if we're given that feedback. If anything it's at both our feet. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to continued discussion on any balancing concerns you may have with the Spirituality virtue.