• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spirituality Knight? What does that do?

mihali

Sage
"Virtue
Spirituality is gained by using targeted heals and resurrections on other players including bandages, close wounds, heal, greater heal, gift of renewal, cleansing winds, and rejuvenate. Spirituality is expended through the virtue menu, double click the humility virtue to bring up a targeting cursor.

Reward
Targeting a living player or pet will grant a Spirituality shield that will absorb incoming damage based on Spirituality path and consume some Spirituality points,

• Seeker: 5% shield, with 50 shield HP
  • Follower: 10% shield, with 100 shield HP
  • Knight: 20% shield, with 200 shield HP"
What does 20% shield with 200 shield HP mean? Also does it have a duration? Any one using this virtue? I just became Knight and have no idea. There is no clear explanation in uoguide.
Ty in advance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It absorbs 20% of the player or pets damage for 200HP worth of damage. When the 200HP is used it ends.

Instead of taking 20 damage on a hit the target will just take 16 and those 4 points go toward the 200HP.

Most tamers and mages are Knights in this just by vetting/healing.

I use it on my pet once in a while.

You could use it on yourself or a melee player on a mob.

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
It absorbs 20% of the player or pets damage for 200HP worth of damage. When the 200HP is used it ends.

Instead of taking 20 damage on a hit the target will just take 16 and those 4 points go toward the 200HP.

Thanks for info. I also found this on old stratics:
"
Virtuous Title & Abilities: When a character has achieved enough Spirituality points, he is considered to have achieved a certain step on the path of Spirituality.
  • When a player moves his cursor over the Spirituality symbol, a title will be displayed, indicating the step currently achieved in Spirituality for that character.
    • First step: Seeker of Spirituality
    • Second step: Follower of Spirituality
    • Third step: Knight of Spirituality
  • Players who progress any number of steps on the path of Spirituality, but do not continue to actively pursue it, may discover that this Virtuous title reduces in steps over time.
  • Characters who have achieved any steps on the path of Spirituality will recover from being dead faster than other characters, resurrecting with a few more hit points and mana than normal.
    • The exact numbers are still to be determined, although it is not likely that they will exceed 50% of the character’s maximum natural stats.
    • A player who resurrects through use of his Sacrifice power will not gain these additional, post-resurrection recovery points.
  • Ghosts are normally only understood by those who successfully use the Spirit Speak skill. Characters who have achieved any steps on the path of Spirituality will be understood by anyone while as a ghost, including those who listeners who are not using Spirit Speak."
Interesting, if that still holds true currently.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My tamers do not have more HP when ressed. And the ghosts are not seen by the living until they speak or go to war mode.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Characters who have achieved any steps on the path of Spirituality will recover from being dead faster than other characters, resurrecting with a few more hit points and mana than normal.
    • The exact numbers are still to be determined, although it is not likely that they will exceed 50% of the character’s maximum natural stats.
    • A player who resurrects through use of his Sacrifice power will not gain these additional, post-resurrection recovery points.
  • Ghosts are normally only understood by those who successfully use the Spirit Speak skill. Characters who have achieved any steps on the path of Spirituality will be understood by anyone while as a ghost, including those who listeners who are not using Spirit Speak."
Interesting, if that still holds true currently.
That is old, outdated info. That's the *suggested* implementation for Spirituality that they had, but they changed their mind and made it into a damage shield ability (functions just like Exceptional Swamp Dragon Barding) instead.

Healing yourself or vetting your own pet does not give Spirituality gains. Interestingly enough though, while casting Heal/Greater Heal on a pet doesn't give you Spirituality gains, casting Cleansing Winds or Gift of Renewal (every healing tick gains it) on your own pet does gain Spirituality.

Spirituality is most useful when used on a Tanking pet, or a character that isn't riding an armored Swamp Dragon.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Healing yourself or vetting your own pet does not give Spirituality gains. Interestingly enough though, while casting Heal/Greater Heal on a pet doesn't give you Spirituality gains, casting Cleansing Winds or Gift of Renewal (every healing tick gains it) on your own pet does gain Spirituality.
I don't think that is accurate.
all of my tamers are Knights of Spirituality and I don't heal other people's pets.
and I'm constantly getting the message that I'm capped and can not gain more when I do heal my own pet.

I'll have to go look at it, I don't honestly pay that close of attention to it.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You do not get a “You have gained in Spirituality” notification when you heal yourself or your own pet. I can’t speak for cleansing winds or anything outside of Magery/bandage healing, but those two methods of healing yourself and your pet do not give you virtue gains.

Healing and resurrecting any other player or pet does give you gains. And because spirituality doesn’t decay unless you use it via the virtue gump for the shield effect, you can maintain Knight of Spirituality indefinitely.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember one of my bards would receive that message while running songs but I don't know which one, clearly the group healing one.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Yep I gain a lot vetting or healing pets and people and will use this to hit Knight on a player or pet that is the tank. Regarding the remarks above I always cast gift of renew on my pet and gain a lot of Spirit, as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep I gain a lot vetting or healing pets and people and will use this to hit Knight on a player or pet that is the tank. Regarding the remarks above I always cast gift of renew on my pet and gain a lot of Spirit, as well.
GoR and healing others is probably why we are always at Knight. I did think of this and use Spirituality last night on a pet fighting Scalis.