• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Spellweaving PVM

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Mystic / Spellweaving combination is awesome, casting RC and finishing with WOD. Especially with Gift of Life casted.

If I just wanted Spellweaving, though, is it effective in PVM? I'm looking for a different template and not sure Spellweaving by itself is sufficient (without Myst or Magery). What would you combine with it? Barding maybe? Taming?

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would use spellweaving alone with the level 3 mastery.

Try the reaper summon, it's pretty good on its own and can cast word of death if I remember right.

Of course this assumes you have a really good focus.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The Mystic / Spellweaving combination is awesome, casting RC and finishing with WOD. Especially with Gift of Life casted.

If I just wanted Spellweaving, though, is it effective in PVM? I'm looking for a different template and not sure Spellweaving by itself is sufficient (without Myst or Magery). What would you combine with it? Barding maybe? Taming?
a problem w/ sw as a standalone skill is that its healing spell, good as it is, is on a timer..... i offset this w/ hpr on suit.....it will not be a save from situations where constant damage is involved, but it will eliminate the need to heal from the occasional bumps here and there, thus saving the heal spell for when better use of it can be made ....

i do use sw as a standalone skill....... 4x120 bard w/ 120 sw and 120 med.....
for this to be effective you will need to max in this order: mr, sdi, mi

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've heard of some folks combining archery templates with spellweaving, but I have never tried it myself.

I have SW on my mystic mage and mage tamer and generally use it as a support skill. I could certainly see it working with Ioelis's suggested bard template as well. I'm sure you could combine it into several different templates in a useful way.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

It can be combined with pretty much any template pretty effectively for both PvP and PvM on all classes (casters/dexxers/tamers/bards).

You would always want another (main) method of healing though.

I currently use, either for training on any character (to Charm Arctic Ogre Lords for example) or on my 'main' Bard:
120 Mage/Med/Eval/Music/Provoke/Discord... with the last skill being interchangeable between Peace (solely for boosting masteries), Spellweaving (mainly for WOD, as I greatly prefer Discord masteries most of the time for damage output), and lastly Resist, which doesn't go on there very often anymore.

One of my all time favourite characters was a 4/6 Chiv/Spellweaving/Med dexxer, for PvP. For PvM the Med wouldn't really be needed so you could easily make an awesome character with the skill points available. I found it went very well with Fencing.