• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellweaving Mage Template

R

RichDC

I have 2 templates in mind, primarily for PvP/Spawns/Grinders:

120mage
120med
120eval
120SW
120resist
120wrestle

Or

120mage
120med
120eval
120Sw
120Necro
120SS

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 templates in mind, primarily for PvP/Spawns/Grinders:

120mage
120med
120eval
120SW
120resist
120wrestle

Or

120mage
120med
120eval
120Sw
120Necro
120SS

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
What would the 120 Wrestling in the first template bring you vs oh say a Sword of Prosperity (any mage -0 weapon)?

I just finished up my new character and the template is like your second except that everything is at 110 vs 120.

With the various items I have 84 skill points left over that I have placed in Focus for the additional Mana Regen.

I am still struggling with the Necromancer being something other than a Novelty (I do not PvP at this time). I have considered Chivalry and some other skill as a replacement.

R

RichDC

What would the 120 Wrestling in the first template bring you vs oh say a Sword of Prosperity (any mage -0 weapon)?
Well it would be a undisarmable dci, and the ability to chug pots +2hpr from the shield.

Problem ive found with mage weapons is once disarmed you get mauled.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I've played a lot of Weaver templates, as attractive as they are getting a focus is still an annoyance, even with stoning it off for a 0 skill one.

A variation on the first one you mention is to have 90 Med, 90 Weaving, & 100 Anatomy instead of Wrestle to give you 80 points free for Poisoning for a little extra punch. You can still Wind 100% at 90, & I used to like the Wind + DP fields combination. You need to really pack on the MR with that though. Overall I prefer more solid setups (6x120's) just at the time I was trying to get everything in there. Don't really need Wrestle for chokes & Anatomy would give the same defense but free up 20 pts. Weaving is a pain for mana though so you have to be fairly good at conserving it with a lower med setup. (& even without tbh)

Out of chokes/grinders and even with 4/6 its annoying trying to Wind people.

The 6x120 Necro one used to be done a lot on Atlantic often with Resist instead of Eval though. Though either work obviously but the Eval one is better for when you're holding/pushing an area, where as the Resist one is better if the fight ends up going open field.

R

RichDC

Hmmm, the poisoning one does sound intersting.

Getting the circle is no problem what so ever. Its a short "circle here" in guild chat and usually have 4-5people answer.

What level of anat do i need to equate to the same defence as 120wrestle? Is it GM?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Yeah combined they need to equal 220 for 120 Defensive Wrestle. Which is obviously best as 120 Eval & 100 Anat. Which over Wrestling is you lose specials but save 20 pts.

"(Anatomy + Evaluate Intelligence + 20) / 2 = defensive wrestling (capped at 120.0)."

Kind of away from what you asked, but another I used, which was successful for a while was a 4/6 Chiv, Holy Light spamming, 100% Hit Area (Serpent's Fang), Med, Weaver. Other than Wither & Whirlwind I don't think you can get more grinder ability on one template than that lol, as Holy Light won't stop you're weapon swings & was hitting the cap with only 90 Stam, so plenty of mana. Run in drop a pre casted Wildfire, Wind then Holy Light spam & chase people. The few times I got to use it at it's best it absoloutely obliterated 10-20 people in very little time, they were already fielded in. Kinda sucks 1v1 though. & no pots... probably wouldn't work today.

R

RichDC

Yeah combined they need to equal 220 for 120 Defensive Wrestle. Which is obviously best as 120 Eval & 100 Anat. Which over Wrestling is you lose specials but save 20 pts.

"(Anatomy + Evaluate Intelligence + 20) / 2 = defensive wrestling (capped at 120.0)."

Kind of away from what you asked, but another I used, which was successful for a while was a 4/6 Chiv, Holy Light spamming, 100% Hit Area (Serpent's Fang), Med, Weaver. Other than Wither & Whirlwind I don't think you can get more grinder ability on one template than that lol,.
Actually, im kinda glad you brought that up. Ive had a redundant 4/6 dexxer just sitting idly on an account, got bored with him its not as fun as a mage!

So adding weaving instead of resist could prove very interesting indeed.

What template you run with that?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I'm not entirely sure what I had then, it was a long time ago, either just before or just after the Tactics requirement stuff. Looking at it now it would have been something like:

120 Fencing
90 Tactics
120 Resist
105 Chiv (100% Holy Light)
117.5 Weaving (thats what I had at the time, I'd probably just do 110 now for Wildfire/Wind & everything below)
117.5 Med (at the time... it must have been just after the intermediate amounts started counting, which I think was the same publish as the Tactics requirement, publish 46 I think)

That would have left 50 points at the time which could have been in, Focus, Parry, Anat or Necro... However, now & seeing how close it is, I'd probably do 110 Weaving, 95 Med, 80 Poisoning.

The suit setup I had then would be terribly outdated atm. I think it had Brightsight Lenses & no HLD lol.

R

RichDC

Ive just run some numbers myself, so far this is what ive got. I changed some of the numbers around from the info you provided.

120swords
120parry
105chiv
90tactics
90med
90sw(this is 100%wildfire and wind right?)

That,if sw is high enough, gives me 105points left to play around with. I thought of poisoning but didnt think it would be best suited to this temp.

I then thought Bush, but i dont know how i could make up the casting from the shield.

Would 105resist be the best option? Or maybe 50necro 65 ss(wraith form and mana leech, when in form, at grinders...plus the odd pain spike)?

R

RichDC

Just had a moment of genius!!What about this temp,

120swords
120parry
110chiv
90tactics
90med
90Spellweaving
100alchemy(throw some 80%EP conflag and exp pots into the mix?!?Maybe go factions and dump those supernovas!)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"90sw(this is 100%wildfire and wind right?)"

No, just looked and 103.5 is Wildfire & below. For Spellweaving it's minimum skill + 37.5 gives 100% success.

Personally I'd have 120 Resist.

If you have 103.5 Weaving, Med could be either 101.5 or 91.5 and have either 80 or 90 Parry.

Swords for... 1 Fc Radiant/Twinkling with hit area? As it's the only 1 hander with Whirlwind, so you can still use pots, & if it's got 20 SSI you'd only need 90 Stam.

(I had Serpent' Fang & a Shield then, which I wouldn't do now)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't Anatomy contribute to the Offensive melee skills?

I just have an ancient memory of Melee weapon skill+tactics+anatomy gave the best offensive damage.

R

RichDC

Doesn't Anatomy contribute to the Offensive melee skills?

I just have an ancient memory of Melee weapon skill+tactics+anatomy gave the best offensive damage.
You are right, this template isnt as such designed to do huge amounts of damage to a single target. The idea is to disrupt and damage a group of opponents and take down a lot of spawn in a single hit.

So it appears as though the end result will be as i posted above but 120resist and 90 parry...

No love for the alchy route i see :(

:p

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Just had a moment of genius!!What about this temp,

120swords
120parry
110chiv
90tactics
90med
90Spellweaving
100alchemy(throw some 80%EP conflag and exp pots into the mix?!?Maybe go factions and dump those supernovas!)
*Intrigue!*

I do like Alchemy templates I've had several Stealth bombers! Though if you're expecting the old pot gun macro to work you may be dissapointed. I had this before and after the E.P cap got lowered, when 120 E.P was possible (although I believe it was capped lower for bene pots like heals/buffs it still added to damage types - conflags would do 11 per tick). It works but not really for choke points, the damage splits between the people it hits like with Meteor/Chain etc, & take into account a lot of the time when people go into grinders their often already in Prot or have a pre cast teleport up. You also don't really need the extra buffs from pots from having E.P & Alchy.

I'd still want 120 Resist. I wouldn't go higher than 105 Chiv, you can only res blues no matter how much you have. (in case you'd heard different)

R

RichDC

*Intrigue!*

I do like Alchemy templates I've had several Stealth bombers! Though if you're expecting the old pot gun macro to work you may be dissapointed. I had this before and after the E.P cap got lowered, when 120 E.P was possible (although I believe it was capped lower for bene pots like heals/buffs it still added to damage types - conflags would do 11 per tick).
MY thief has alchy and his pots do around 11per tick(conflags). The bit that i found interesting was the possibilty of faction supernova pots, in hindsight im a ***** so ill go blue instead :p

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I also think you're going to need 100+ Med, 40 LMC, & at least 8 MR. Seeing as you're doing the majority of your grinding with mana based stuff & its your only way of healing.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MY thief has alchy and his pots do around 11per tick(conflags). The bit that i found interesting was the possibilty of faction supernova pots, in hindsight im a ***** so ill go blue instead :p
Has anyone used the supernova with an alchemist with max EP?

I used a supernova once on a normal char with no EP and I was more than disappointed.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I did that sometime (this year) with the Supernova pots, can't remember it being great. You have to be right next to the person for the best damage from them.

R

RichDC

Has anyone used the supernova with an alchemist with max EP?

I used a supernova once on a normal char with no EP and I was more than disappointed.
Yes, and in the grinder it was used in, 5people dead all had 1/2life or above.