• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

spellweaving: another nerf?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss the patch note that change this spell...:

Mana Cost: 24
Minimum Skill Needed: 0.1
Casting Delay: 3.0
Duration: 1-5 minutes (Skill Level Real / 240, minimum 1)
Area of Effect: Caster or 1 target
Arcane Circle Bonus: +1 health regeneration per additional arcanist. +1 minute duration per additional arcanist. +2% cure poison chance per additional arcanist.

Source of this formula: http://guide.uo.com/skill_54.html

with 120 spellweaving must be: 1200/240 -> 5 minutes
with an arcane cirle of 4 ppl (that now has strength 3...) -> +3 minutes
total of 8 minutes

real duration 60 seconds...

is an error of the guide, a bug or another nerf?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guide is wrong about most spellweaving effects, including (but not limited to) damage done, damage recovered, duration, description and effect of the focus.

L

Lord Kynd

I miss the patch note that change this spell...:

Mana Cost: 24
Minimum Skill Needed: 0.1
Casting Delay: 3.0
Duration: 1-5 minutes (Skill Level Real / 240, minimum 1)
Area of Effect: Caster or 1 target
Arcane Circle Bonus: +1 health regeneration per additional arcanist. +1 minute duration per additional arcanist. +2% cure poison chance per additional arcanist.

Source of this formula: http://guide.uo.com/skill_54.html

with 120 spellweaving must be: 1200/240 -> 5 minutes
with an arcane cirle of 4 ppl (that now has strength 3...) -> +3 minutes
total of 8 minutes

real duration 60 seconds...

is an error of the guide, a bug or another nerf?

what spell is this ?
maybe it is to prevent the people who do not have spellweaving for using it ( 0 skill human's ).
spellweaving i am sure was not ment for non skill people to use.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what spell is this ?
maybe it is to prevent the people who do not have spellweaving for using it ( 0 skill human's ).
The spell is gift of renewal. (And it is usable by humans with no skill, very effective with a good focus as well. But it does not last that long, can't cure poison (that I've ever seen), and the description doesn't mention the delay time between casting, which is minutes.)

N

nixwb

what is the length of time between casting arcane stuff like gift of renewal and stuff after they wear off.

Y

Yalp

what spell is this ?

they seem to be preventing people WITH sw skill from using it too! :)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The spell is gift of renewal. (And it is usable by humans with no skill, very effective with a good focus as well. But it does not last that long, can't cure poison (that I've ever seen), and the description doesn't mention the delay time between casting, which is minutes.)
It only cures poison if it is cast on the person/pet while they are poisoned. Then all it does is cure the poison and be done. Annoying to accidentally waste the spell that way if the target happens to get poisoned just as you hit them with it :(

R

Richtor Darkbane

Aw... I was training this up as a second skill on my mage, but I don'w wanna bother if it's all buggy now. :sad4: