• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spellweavers Guild?

G

Gladius

Being new in Catskills may I seek direction on which guild has a healthy community of arcanist spellweavers for me to hook up with?

Of course it would be a matter of being accepted by the Guild after meeting all their requirements for membership.

I don't see too many spellweavers around much less bench warming in the Luna bank and I just missed one in reaper form the other day.

Many thanks in advance.

-G-

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never have a problem finding 5 other characters to circle up with in the GRI/SnR alliance.

Our main message boards are on UO Forums:
http://www.uoforums.com/uo-catskills-guilds/
We'll expect that you take the time to get to know us before we let you in the guild. Joining us on hunts is a good way to do that. You can usually find us in or around New Haven. Several of our crafters are usually posted around the bank and will be happy to let the members who are out hunting know that someone new wants to join in. Posting on the boards about your intention to get to know or join us also helps us in looking for you in game.

We also have a few easy to follow rules:
1. No foul language
2. No cheating (unattended macroing included)
3. Respect for all players (allied and non)
4. No killing alliance members (only exception is sparring or insurance checks, but someone BETTER know about it first)
5. If a help call goes out and you are able, please respond
6. We help new players (armor, weapons, skill advice, templates, etc)
7. If there is a security issue (stealing, scripting, snooping, Pk'ing, etc) I expect action or an explanation from an emmy or GM, either one.

C

Corvak

I've got a character both in the alliance, and in with the united pirates.

Both groups are a great bunch of players, honestly.

UP is 'the' place to be if you want to RP a pirate in UO, while the alliance is more of a bunch of players who want to help each other out, and do hunts together. There are no RP requirements for the alliance.

The alliance has more members, but I don't know how many have spellweaving.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being in both UP and GRI, more often than not I go to the alliance for my weaving circle. On the other hand, both of my weavers are in the alliance as well.

But when I notice one of the other pirate-weavers are on, I'll get them in on the circles as well.

I also have one of my weavers perma-logged out in the prism with nothing but a death robe on. Maybe after the current events are over, I'll bring him back into action (I'm a pirate 90% of the time, the other 10% is taming). Until then, he saves the group 10k gold per trip.