Spelling error, As intended, or Coincidence, Dev's please say which.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Is this a spelling error, a coincidence, or as intended, devs please say which.

In the story A Short Time Ago written back in Jun 08 it mentions at the end a character named Braxyion, which I have always presumed to be a Wisp.

In a moment... barely a moment, a small flash of silver light flashed like the single twinkle of a star. The great Lord saw it only from the corner of his eye. The flash didn't even give off any magical energies. "Of course," the Great Lord smiled a bit to himself. "Braxyion. So, you know. That means they will now know."

"Perfect."
But reading a recent story called Platinum Dragons I am not so sure. The names are so similar that it has me wondering if it’s a typing error, coincidence or as intended.

“Lady Bryxion…” Tilas called to the woman as if she were asking for confirmation.

I know this is possibly not a big thing but it changes how I see the bigger picture of the story.

Thanks Flame

C

Connor_Graham

If you want to see a real spelling error, go to the Yomotsu Mines and mark a rune. The rune will say "Yamotsu Mines" while all of the creatures inside the mines have the name "Yomotsu".

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 23, 2008
Nice catch Flame. I think they are the same, some entity manipulating the dragons, playing both sides. Perhaps Lady Braxyion/Bryxion seeks to maintain a balance between them. Perhaps she is a leader of a neutral dragon faction.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
If you want to see a real spelling error, go to the Yomotsu Mines and mark a rune. The rune will say "Yamotsu Mines" while all of the creatures inside the mines have the name "Yomotsu".
Thats an obviouse spelling error, but this is not and it changes the story a little. These were put in here for a reason and it will be good to know who is who.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Or, maybe - Bryxion and Braxyion are different characters... Siblings, perhaps?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
looks like we will have to take it as intended as we have heard nothing to confirm which it is.

KilandraEAMythic

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 4, 2008
Hi Everyone,

This is my spelling error. Lady Bryxion is the correct spelling and is the same entity that was noted as Braxyion. If they would just make Draconic a little bit easier to learn!!!

~Kilandra

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
thankyou for confirming this, we are really enjoying working putting the pieces together and seeing how everything works out.

*salutes*

Lady Flame