• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Specific slayer != max damage modifier?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I noticed something that struck me as peculiar last night, and then confirmed it again today with a different slayer weapon.

Last night I was killing some air elementals with a newly forged longsword with air elemental slayer. chaining AIs. I just wasn't doing as much damage as I was expecting to. I hit the wrong button on my keyboard, casting CW instead of DF. So then I had to cast DF, and for a few seconds had DF and CW up, still doing AIs. I was perplexed to see that my hits were all bigger, by 10 or 11 per hit.

Hmm...

For my next experiment, I combined the specific slayer with EoO, and got the same result, my range of damages shifted higher by 10.

I tried the same today, and confirmed with dragon slayer broadsword. Specific slayer + Eoo does 10 more dmg than just specific slayer. Same for CW.

Has anyone else noticed this?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've only noticed something akin to that when attacking with AI or DS.
AI and DS deal only 90% of your max damage, and it seems that the CW and EoO multiplier affect those 90%, causing it to go back to 100% damage or something like that.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, an interesting theory, the numbers don't really seem to bear that out though, unless the 90% (and then subsequent 10% readjustmnet) is happening only on the base weapon's damage. Moving from 201 damage to 211 damage is only a 5% change - not 10%, though a move from 14-17 to 13-16 wich is roughly a 10% change (given roundings) might.

I didn't try it for NON AI hits, as there's too much unknown there, namely, what's the resist of the monster I am fighting, so it's quite hard to say what my damage should be.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
what does "to 211 damage" mean?
expected max damage from 180 to 201... (for 17 weapon base max damage and max bonuses)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It means that when I was not using EoO + slayer I was doing 201 damage max. When I used EoO, the max damage from any given hit moved from 201 to 211.

I actually did an experiment with maxxed STR, and I was able to do 213 damage AIs when using E0O or CW - max of 203 without it.