• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Special thanks to Mesanna

Q

quig

Since there really were no posts thanking her thought i might as well. Im sure this isnt part of her job as she has been spending many hours in the evening working on this story and event (while helping EMs on other shards at the same time).

Anyhow hanging around with Mesanna at brit bank someone asked how it all started and why baja?

Unfortuntely i have no reporter skills and didnt copy her words exactly so this is just how i remember it...

Mesanna was jumping shard to shard checking areas to see what was happening.
She came apon Baja brit bank were she saw a lone brit guard on his boring daily patrol.
And an evil idea arose, how about add a little excitement to this poor guards life!
(not sure about this) But somehow Yattering got involved as the "trouble maker"
Then the goblins showed up to support the Yattering, and to counter this the guard hired more men!
This led to the huge daily battles and amazing items you have seen around brit.
Amazing how a Dev, several roleplayers and the EMs got together to pull this off.
Anyone could join either side and be involved as much as they like.

So anyhow just wanted to thank Mesanna, the various roleplayers and the EMs for this crazy fun event!

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, i'm sure it was fun...too bad even thou i was on all night bored outta my skull doin mundane stuff and didn't have a clue it was goin on til somebody spammed about buying the rewards.

When I glanced at stratics around 5pm before loggin I looked at the top post and glanced too fast at all the others below it (actually WAS a post about event but it was hidden amongst all the lookie what the role-players did posts).

"Oh but it was on the website"...well, I always look at the headlines...wups again.

So ok whatever right? My biggest question is: You all knew...ok good good, more power to ya....why did not a single person broadcast this on chat?

I'll tell ya why....you might have only gotten one item instead of the 5-9 that you all did. Hush Hush!

Even a shout from the EM woulda been nice...if one misses that message on his screen, then she was afk and welp, too bad i guess.
I've been going to player-run and em run events for a few years now...never had I such a problem of attending any!

Q

quig

This was a ongoing event for every day for like a week! Noone really knew what was going to happen when, and i dont think anyone got 5-9 items...(unless they bought them).
This was Mesanna helping roleplayers have fun and the EMs tyed it into there ongoing events.

*just a note that most of the hard working role players got nothing at all! I know the golblin guild and yattering didnt fight so got nothing!

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heehee yeees, but some of us work, dear. Do not read stratics or visit website everyday, nor do i even log in sometimes cept to quickly stock the shop. I don't banksit either.

Once around 11 earlier in the week I logged in to check the state of an IDOC, and my char happened to be at Brit bank. Huge mother spiders! I helped for like 5 minutes til one fell...i got 87 cents (whoo) and realized ya, already very late for bedtime, had to log.

Didn't know it was an ongoin event nor that there were books to be found.

I'm just sayin...very different environment nowdays. Used to be fun rezzin, givin people who rezzed ya a share, fillin in people who show up. Last real event i managed to make it to I was a bit late, asked what we were looking for and the people standing there told me an entirely big lie and laughed. So I tried to figure out in vain what to do and by that time it was all over.

And the original question was: we got this lovely tool called chat, nobody wanted others to come on down?

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never even thought of it, no. Most of the West Bank stuff is completely random and not on a schedule, with the exception of this one. Most people knew that if you wanted to have fun, West Bank was a busy place to be.

I was busy spawning/fighting, and showed up late...and once there, it was hectic. Lots of people were dying all over the place. It was a struggle at the start to just stay alive, and when things settled, people were busy looking for the remaining things to kill. Furthermore, many people use Voice Chat now.

I don't think there was any intention to ~hide~ the fact that things were dropping. I personally don't think there should be drops...ever. It ruins the very nature of the game. I honestly believe that the folks on Baja are swell folks, and hiding an event sounds contrary to everyone I interact with on a daily basis. I too was unaware of any books till nearly the end.

Back to quig's opening post: I too thank Mesanna and the EMs for bringing a bit of fun to Baja. I hope they got to learn a little bit more about Baja just as we enjoyed learning and playing with them.

T

Town Guard Leithia

So ok whatever right? My biggest question is: You all knew...ok good good, more power to ya....why did not a single person broadcast this on chat?

I'll tell ya why....you might have only gotten one item instead of the 5-9 that you all did. Hush Hush!

Even a shout from the EM woulda been nice...if one misses that message on his screen, then she was afk and welp, too bad i guess.
I've been going to player-run and em run events for a few years now...never had I such a problem of attending any!
I announced it several times over several days and I know others did too in General Chat. Sorry you didn't catch any of them. But I do know when announcements were made people came running!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I announced it several times over several days and I know others did too in General Chat. Sorry you didn't catch any of them. But I do know when announcements were made people came running!
Due to RL stuff, I haven't been in-game much lately, but sometimes when I was on last week, I saw chat announcements from Leithia, WildStar and others that help was needed at WBB, and went to check it out. Once there, I made a few announcements in general chat, too. Until the final event, everything seemed to be random and spontaneous. The final event was announced on goldenbrewtavern.com and the Stratics Baja Forum, plus the EM event announcers at West Brit and Luna Banks also gave the information when asked for 'news'. During the times I was on I saw a lot of people helping others, rezzing, cures, heals, advising which tactics to use against certain monsters, etc. (Those I remember helping me with heals, cures & invis's are Mama Faith, Arlon, WildStar, Sean Brega, Jinx, Ayassa, and a couple of goblins ... there were also times when cures and heals were being cast, and I didn't see who it was ... thank you all!)

I, too, wish to thank Mesanna, EM Seppo and EM Crysania for mixing it up a bit ... during the time I was on, I had a lot of fun! :)

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to thank EM Crysania, EM Seppo, the Town Guards and Mesanna for their time and effort :grouphug:

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

I had a blast doing that, I am sorry some people are upset but until the end that was nothing and I mean nothing planned. I would log in from home, see the amount of people around and start role playing.

I would like to thank all the players for being so good and making it so much fun for everyone.

Mesanna

T

Town Guard Leithia

I don't think you could have found a more perfect signature. That just fits this past few weeks perfectly!

* walks away laughing and crying at the same time*

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I want to thank EM Crysania, EM Seppo, the Town Guards and Mesanna for their time and effort :grouphug:
Aye they did such a great job and I would like to say thank you to those who invited me to come by. It is so nice to be able to roleplay somewhere I can stay full IC and not have 500 different responsibilities.

Also I would like to point out other peoples roleplay was really top notch. Even those that did not play the guards or goblins brought something into the storyline and I didn;t see anyone power emote or try to take things over. You guys have a really great RP group there. Even with this event over I definitly want to come around more often so I will be working a few characters and look forward to playing in your communities great creativity.

E

elf_biscuit

You guys have a really great RP group there. Even with this event over I definitly want to come around more often so I will be working a few characters and look forward to playing in your communities great creativity.
Baja is the best shard on UO, hands down! (although I might be a little biased). It has the best players, the best EMs, the best RP - the best everything! I hope you come to play with us more often.

And thank you to Mesanna, Seppo, Crysania, the guards, the mysterious goblins, and Mesanna's batwinged element-spitting one-hit-killing daemonic minions! It was a great week or so, especially given that it was all impromptu. I died approximately fifty times and got nothing in return but the memories - and the memories are more than enough!

I can't remember the last time I had so much fun on UO. Thanks again.

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much Mesanna :thumbup: Had more fun this past week, then ever before.

Your the best :bowdown:

JINX

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna and our EM's are awesome! :bowdown: I didn't bother looting anything but I was able to add to my grey robe collection. Thank you for all the fun. It was wonderful seeing so many players working together again. As Xel would say, "It brought a tear to my eye". *curtsy*

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!
This was by far one of the best!
I had fun. Actually been a long time since I had this much fun.

P.S. Darlantan will try harder to steal Mesannas heart!