• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spawn Cap

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't waste my time doing champ spawns for a silly title. IMO champ spawns weren't worth doing until powers scrolls came out.
During that window between champ spawns and AoS release, I ran a gm nox mage & still did solo spawns easily.
When AoS dropped I went to a necro mage template often running with GM nox. Spawns were, have been, & are easy w/ the right temp.

Now they just take longer...... great change !:thumbdown:
Power scrolls were part of Publish 16, six months prior to AoS.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just carry a spell book on the character you spawn with. Open the polymorph gump and just leave it on the screen. This works just the same.
This is what I do also.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do hope that they return the spawn rate back to normal, except for the Turtle spawn.
It was pretty cool to not die from banana machine gun assault when I tried it today. :p

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A two candle alter will spawn the champ on the last red candle pop.
A three candle alter will have 1 additional pass of 4 white candles after the last red candle pops to spawn the champ.
A four candle alter will have 2 additional passes of 4 white candles after the last red candle pops to spawn the champ.

It takes exactly the same number of white candles cycles to spawn the champ, regardless of how many red candles are on the alter when you start the spawn.

Each white candle requires the same number of spawn to die in order to advance a candle.

Thus, no matter how many red candles you get at the beginning, you have to kill the same amount of spawn to get the champ.

If you track the number of red candles that actually add to the alter as you spawn, it always advances after the same number of red candles get added, not the number on the alter. (except the last rounds because on a three/four candle spawn you can't see the last to red candles because the alter is already full, but it still cycles the white candles)
In addition to the above watch the progression of the skulls throughout the spawn. A 2-candle spawn will go to lvl 2 on the 5th red candle, a 3-candle on the 6th, and a 4-candle in the 7th. This pattern continues with the 3rd lvl being the 10th, 11th, or 12th respectively. Therefore the boss pops on either the 20th, 21st, or 22nd with the 21st and 22nd basically being 'virtual' as Merus said. Always keep an eye on the altar so you know when the level will roll (and therefore also know when it is best to use the Valor the 2nd time).

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't waste my time doing champ spawns for a silly title. IMO champ spawns weren't worth doing until powers scrolls came out.
During that window between champ spawns and AoS release, I ran a gm nox mage & still did solo spawns easily.
When AoS dropped I went to a necro mage template often running with GM nox. Spawns were, have been, & are easy w/ the right temp.

Now they just take longer...... great change !:thumbdown:
Yeah it is a silly title but I do like having 'Eradicator of the Vermin Horde' ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And fix them where they drop a pink scroll or two in ilsh once in a while, SoT rates have gotten ridiculous, I would quit them and go T-Hunting but evidently once again you stealth nerfed chest loot and made them not worth doing. Some of us are running out of reasons to log in and play

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Fix the other spawns, but keep the fel turtle spawn rate like this, pretty pretty please with sugar on top.
It is the only spawn made more fun to do with this change.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The only benefit of changing this is that there has some increased fighting down in despise on Great Lakes.

The other evening there were probably 10-12 people down there fighting.

Haven't seen that in a while.

However, this wasnt an intentional result of them making the change.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've downloaded the ec on my new puter and am giving it a whirl. The ghost problems I've seen are minimal when it comes to actual spawn munsters, but I've seen a few OJ chars that are ghost images. Sooooo, is it really the spawn rate (it's not) or is it some sort of puter nerd programming (it is) problem??
I've seen maybe 5 ghost images for munsters and 3 ghost images for players.....all OJ......and that is in about two weeks.

Put spawn rate back to normal (cept for turtle, ugh), put a short timer on refresh pots, increase damage on trapped boxes, go watch videos posted by the hyuge ass super cheating dirtbags and ban their accounts, take away enhanced pots (that's what alchemy is for), put a timer on cure pots, immediately ban anyone that puts boxes down to block routes of egress, block the stupid names of the UOcodes nerd that keeps spamming in chat,

and also do whatever else I have cried about in these forums.....PLEASE DAMBIT!!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've downloaded the ec on my new puter and am giving it a whirl. The ghost problems I've seen are minimal when it comes to actual spawn munsters, but I've seen a few OJ chars that are ghost images. Sooooo, is it really the spawn rate (it's not) or is it some sort of puter nerd programming (it is) problem??
I've seen maybe 5 ghost images for munsters and 3 ghost images for players.....all OJ......and that is in about two weeks.

Put spawn rate back to normal (cept for turtle, ugh), put a short timer on refresh pots, increase damage on trapped boxes, go watch videos posted by the hyuge ass super cheating dirtbags and ban their accounts, take away enhanced pots (that's what alchemy is for), put a timer on cure pots, immediately ban anyone that puts boxes down to block routes of egress, block the stupid names of the UOcodes nerd that keeps spamming in chat,

and also do whatever else I have cried about in these forums.....PLEASE DAMBIT!!
I haven't done many spawns lately because of the change.

I mostly play solo and can't compete against more than a couple players at a time when raided.

Not that I really mind the fight once
In a while but seems to be most instances outside of a few time periods.

Notably I've seen more PVPers from Atlantic come over to pvp.

Can't really complain about that i guess.

As far as doing the spawns it sucks, but for pvp it's been better which was ultimately one of the end goals of the champ spawns.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't done many spawns lately because of the change.

I mostly play solo and can't compete against more than a couple players at a time when raided.

Not that I really mind the fight once
In a while but seems to be most instances outside of a few time periods.

Notably I've seen more PVPers from Atlantic come over to pvp.

Can't really complain about that i guess.

As far as doing the spawns it sucks, but for pvp it's been better which was ultimately one of the end goals of the champ spawns.
The part that gets me is your very first sentence. I agree with that 100%. The change sucks and was unnecessary. It has affected so many other parts of the game's playstyles, its annoying af. The change has driven people AWAY from champ spawns. Good job, deciders....Put it back the way it was!!!

Most of the spawns we do are to get fights going so the guild can have fun. We have pvp'rs and pvm'rs, so everyone gets to do a bit of what they want. However, solo spawns are just a pain the bhole nowadays. It's like driving behind a slow old person in the left lane.....ugh.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spawn change must not have been to fix the ghost mobs. On Legends at Valor last night, I counted 6. So if the spawn change was for the ghosting, it was a big fail, sorry.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Spawn change must not have been to fix the ghost mobs. On Legends at Valor last night, I counted 6. So if the spawn change was for the ghosting, it was a big fail, sorry.
The change itself was for lag problems with some players, and apparently not intended at all to fix ghosting issues.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NEWS - [UO.Com] Publish 94 Update to TC1
Larisa said
So what exactly does this mean?

• In order to improve performance while in champion spawn areas we have reduced the initial spawn count for all champion spawns.
I have yet to try a champ spawn on TC so cannot comment with any knowledge but from what I've read it seems there is less first-lvl spawn then before?
Kyronix replied
It means before the change the champ spawn mobs would be created until they hit a cap. With this change, the cap has been reduced. The rate at which the mobs are being created has not changed, only the maximum number that will spawn.

Publish 94 – Ultima Online

Champion Spawn Update:
  • In order to improve performance while in champion spawn areas we have reduced the maximum spawn count for all champion spawns. This does not effect the spawn rate.
  • Players are still required to kill the same amount of monsters to advance the spawn.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Just carry a spell book on the character you spawn with. Open the polymorph gump and just leave it on the screen. This works just the same.
Not sure I follow - you don't actually have to cast the spell? So my chiv/archer without magery can... what?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok. There are less munsters on the screen. You still have to kill the same amount. It takes 10 mins longer.

I have never seen anyone say anything about they lag up during spawns.

If it wasnt for ghosting issues.....why fart with it?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maximum spawn count on the screen at one time.......yes. That is what makes it take longer. You have to run around in a, comparatively, barren spawn area trying to gather up scorpions to kill.....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure I follow - you don't actually have to cast the spell? So my chiv/archer without magery can... what?
When you attempt to cast polymorph an interactive gump pops up asking for the type of critter you wish to become. It requires no skill or lrc to get the gump. Coon can not change you to a rat as long as the gump is up... so cast polymorph to get the gump then drag it off to the side of your window and continue playing.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When you attempt to cast polymorph an interactive gump pops up asking for the type of critter you wish to become. It requires no skill or lrc to get the gump. Coon can not change you to a rat as long as the gump is up... so cast polymorph to get the gump then drag it off to the side of your window and continue playing.
I cringe that the devs may see this and decide to nerf it.

Please let's not speak of this again.