• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spare points

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So I finally finished putting my dexxer back together and have some spare points left over. The template with gear effectively has 120 Swords/Tactics/Bushido/Parry/Anatomy/Chivalry, with 65 skill points spare. I've been on TC and tried out 65 in the other viable options but interested to hear other's thoughts in case I've overlooked anything.

So the options were:
-Focus, kinda meh, roughly the same as 3 MR/6 SR.

-Healing, disappointing at this level, sometimes fails to work at all, although it's nice to have a non leeching Heal method it just felt too awkward to use in any actual fight with all the other actions being taken.

-Lumberjacking, adds 1 base damage to the minimum and 2 to the maximum, feel kinda meh about that too.

-Magery, I'd have 100% at 4th circle with regs which is kinda meh too, there's only really teleport and you can cast that with 0 as a human anyway, with scrolls I could also use Invis (though usually have potions for that anyway) and the main reason being Polymorph for Semidar. However, I don't do her that often and it seems a lot of points just for that.

-Necromancy, Horrific Beast (20 HPR, the DI is void, and can't cast Chivalry spells), Wraith Form for Semidar.

-Ninjitsu, my favourite option at the moment, with Focus Attack I can add 14% to any 'hit' properties on my weapons, with Animal Form I can use Cat/Dog for 21 HPR and works for Semidar, can also use Frog/Serpent for killing things that heal easier (namely Cu's), Mirror Images give a 35% deflect chance at this level. Compared to Necromancy I feel I'm getting more bang for buck here - I'd be on foot with either option, but this one uses no regs and has no karma loss.

-Poisoning, currently second favourite option, auto curing poison is surprisingly effective at this level even works on Rotting Corpse level poison on occasion. Much more effective than Resist for this purpose.

-Resist, slightly lesser debuffs, shorter durations, and shorter Mana Drain/Parra. Not as effective as Poisoning against Poison.

-Spellweaving, very disappointing at this level, plus it would probably be impossible to get a Focus, Gift Of Life lasts 4 minutes, Renewal about 2, and Attunement about 30 seconds, Immolating was worthless even Empowered, Thunderstorm would be good with a Focus for range but doubt I'd get one, Pixies failed too much, so did Allure, and Voyage was too short. All in all I didn't feel this was much better than using it from JOAT.

Oh and an outside option that I'm not so sure about is going 120 real Swords and having 45 remaining for something else, this would presumably extend Onslaught in some way, but I'm less interested in doing this.

*I also tried Mysticism but felt it was a complete non starter*

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe shave skill points to get to 90 spare and try out healing again?

Or go alchemy to buff your pots?

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Anat+0 Heal+65 ->100 anat +85 heal
this will get your to perfect self-healer at 140+ dex

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use pots? Maybe find a point or two and go 66 / 67 alchemy?

I'd also consider dropping Anatomy to anywhere from 100-105 or so and then seeing if those 15-20 points in other skills makes a difference.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Largely not going to be using pots as using axes. I don't want to lower Anatomy (or anything else) as it'll lessen damage/defence. Asking just in terms of 65 points.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • +25 Healing on Jewelry for 90 Healing
  • 60 Mediation and leather armor going to spike your passive mana regeneration
  • 65 Spirit Speak for wraith form and curse weapon. Not sure on the duration of curse weapon.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The template posted already has skill on the jewelry (6 skills @ 120 is 720 points... and then 65 on top of that) and none of those are necromancy.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Humans don't need Necromancy for wraith form. You can cast curse weapon with 0 Necro. Do your own facts checking.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Poisoning or Resist Spells. Especially if you can find some jewels to compensate for additional Resist spells, I think it makes it worth it if you're going to be battling with casters on a frequent basis.