• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spam Bots are having a field day now???

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I go to Uhall and click "new posts" a goodly portion are what appears to me as spam bot messages..... aka..body fitness / Register now.. and so on... whatever has changed those will very quickly annoy the masses if this isn't fixed....

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It happens in all of the Stratics Central forums every single night at like 2 in the morning when they think all the mods are asleep. On average I see about 10+ spam threads in the off topic section every day. Haven't seen any in Uhall yet though, so I guess the mods delete them fast.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Please continue to report as spam bots for the time being, thats what I do.
I believe they have managed to curcumvent the spam filters somehow and I've made management aware.

I can imagine its pretty annoying for everyone.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happens every day, sometimes multiple times, and in batches of 20 or so at a time.

Please continue to report them as you find them as we strive to remove them as soon as possible.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Couple notes on this for everyone who's interested.

Clicking "New Posts" shows you new posts everywhere so you were probably seeing the one's in Stratics Central. I'm working on dealing with the bots, trying a new strategy that should start showing an improvement in how many show up here over the next few days.

Thing with Spam Bots, is as people create better spam filters, the people coding the bots go and create better bots, it's a miniature arms race!