• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soul forgery!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dyed nox green with some stuff added to pretty it up. The "bricks" underneath are dyed red armoires (the short ones). Well, maybe pretty isn't the right word. I wanted to deco-celebrate getting to 95.1 imbuing (whew!) The hard part is actually doing all the T chests and whatnot to get the stuff to unravel/imbue. :dunce:

But anyways:

Oh and some bland dyed borderless goza mats for the flooring. :heart: :heart: :heart:

W

Wilde1

that is sweet! oh, and grats on 95.1 imbuing...Im jealous!! hehe

Hey, can you use this from the floors below?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is awesome! I sure hope the team can solve the coloring issue with pet dye.

Maybe they could use the know how to improve coloring for items just like this.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exquisite! :)

Can anyone place a soulforge deed in their home? Can a co owner? Must it be on an outside area?

You are so clever!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice!

What tile area does the soul forge cover?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're on a 4x4 area, and yes they can be broken up with goza mats just like any other add on (and put back together). I wasn't brave enough to see exactly which part of the forge constitutes the forge (so you could get away with just having a piece of one somewhere instead of a giant monster forge taking up so much space) but I might mess around with it on test center later. Would rather not burn a relic frag answering a question no one else has really asked yet. ;)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone place a soulforge deed in their home? Can a co owner? Must it be on an outside area?
Anyone can place a soulforge, you do not need imbuing.
Co-Owners can place them as well.
It can be inside or out.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't brave enough to see exactly which part of the forge constitutes the forge (so you could get away with just having a piece of one somewhere instead of a giant monster forge taking up so much space) but I might mess around with it on test center later. Would rather not burn a relic frag answering a question no one else has really asked yet. ;)
I was. The actual anvil-looking part is the part needed for imbuing. You only need 1 of the 2 pieces of the anvil part to imbue with. The middle is just decoration apparently. You can use either facing anvil pieces. So you can make a soul forge only take up 1 space. It looks better as 2 so you get the whole thing though ;)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, thats good to know! Especially for when relic fragments are a lot more common and I run out of things to do with a 4x4 block of...fire and pillars and anvils and stuff. Tho I think it would make kind of a cute roof for a small little house... :p

M

Miracle Max

phantus,

Could you please give some direction on the breaking of the forge? I tried forever today and was unable to place the forge on raised gozas. I raised the gozas various heights and nothing seem to work. I could place it on gozas that were not raised. I also am curious if and when I do get it placed on raised gozas, how you are able to see the gozas underneath? Unlike a stone table the forge covers all of the goza. I would appreciate any help as this thing is a monster and has destroyed my shop.

Max

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a last target macro you can drop the goza mat you place the forge on. Place 16 square goza mats and raise up each goza mat two times each. Make sure they are all lined up properly. Place the forge, I think it goes on the back left corner goza mat. When you do this you have made that goza mat your last target. Double click your dec tool and hit down, then hit your last target macro. Do this one more time and you should see that back left corner of the forge drop. If it doesn't drop then do it one more time (down, last target). Sometimes when using the tool if you dont' wait long enough it won't raise an object because of the timer.

Anyways, once you see it drop, it's broken. Axe all the pieces you don't want, make sure to leave at least one of the anvil pieces. You may want to figure out ahead of time if the orientation is where you want it, though we're kind of limited as to what we can do:

XXXX
XXXO
XXXO
XOOX

The X's are the non essential parts of the forge, and the O's are the anvils.

BTW if this is a custom home you MUST lock down the pieces of anvil before you ever go into customize mode. If you dont' lock them down then they will poof when you try to customize, and goodbye relic. If you can't lock them down, don't customize unless you really have to or don't mind using another relic bit.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

this is what I need to do to.

Is it possible to move the anvils after I have axed the rest?
Seems like I cant but have to ask...

Regards
The Scandinavian

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

this is what I need to do to.

Is it possible to move the anvils after I have axed the rest?
Seems like I cant but have to ask...

Regards
The Scandinavian
You can't move em, you're pretty much stuck with them where they are. The only thing you might be able to do is to place the soul forge very high up in the air (like outside in a custom home you might place it on the second or third floor), leave it up in the air and break it up like that so it appears to be sitting farther back than it is. Then it won't block movement and it can sit farther northwest that way. But that's something you can only do outside, not under a roof.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki,

I guess I have to put all other things after I have decided where to axe the anvil then.

Thank you.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I seem to have the same issue as Miracle Max.
On Atlantic, I can place the soul forge on gozas that are not raised, but cannot place it on any form of raised gozas. On TC1 it works for me no problem. The only difference I can discern is that on Atlantic - I have an upper floor that may be blocking the raised goza/forge placement? On TC1, where i can get it to work, I have only a ground floor built.

In both instances i'm using 'square gozas' and building on the ground floor.
I gave up on Atlantic and placed the soul forge on the third floor, and can use it from the ground floor no problem, so far.

Thank You Sarsmi, Black Sun, phantus, etc for the info in this thread!
Hopefully i'll take the time to reconfigure my house someday and get it to work.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably your ceiling is blocking the forge from being any higher than ground level. A fix would be to remove the ceiling above and break up the forge, lock everything down that you want to keep, then go into custom mode and fix the floor. That should do it.

M

Miracle Max

It is the ceiling that caused the issue. I just put the soulforge on raised gozas on my roof and broke it without issue. This turned out to be an ok fix since you can imbue several floors under/over the forge. I just put it directly over my shop and axed everything but the anvil. Now my shop is back to usable status. Thanks for the help.

Max

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I raised mine up high enough to get two chests under it, you MUST have no ceiling above it, if you do you cant raise it at all.

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Geez, i just wasted 5 globes trying to get it floating like yours, i read all the other threads but still cant get it right.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had some kind of issue, there is an invisible component to the globe that will stick around and block add-on placement. So I had to place the platform of gozas using a ladder, then use a ladder again to place the globe, then use a last object macro to lower the northwest corner goza mat under the globe aaaaall the way down. Like lower it a million times till its on the ground. Then use last object again to raise it back up because it will have knocked one of the gozas down from the platform of gozas. Then lower the other pieces of the globe that you dont want all the way down so they are under the platform (I just did all the way down to the ground again). You can axe the visible gozas that you don't need.

BTW you might now have issues with the forge being blocked. I think if you're in a custom house going into customize mode fixes this, but in a classic I know of no way of fixing it. I had to build the forge quite a bit higher then break it up and lower all the pieces back down to where I wanted them. That was on one forge, on the second one I didn't screw anything up and could do it the normal way.

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for quick reply, Yes there is indeed an invisible component that will stop placement, in fact in will even stop you walking across that tile.
I had a GM at my house for 45 mins trying to find it, all to no avail. In the end the only way i could get rid of it was to go into 2d (i usually use 3d) and enter customisation mode.

Also is the bottom half of the globe always hidden or can it be axed, if always hidden anyone know how "high" the covering item has to be i.e. goza mats at 15.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for quick reply, Yes there is indeed an invisible component that will stop placement, in fact in will even stop you walking across that tile.
I had a GM at my house for 45 mins trying to find it, all to no avail. In the end the only way i could get rid of it was to go into 2d (i usually use 3d) and enter customisation mode.

Also is the bottom half of the globe always hidden or can it be axed, if always hidden anyone know how "high" the covering item has to be i.e. goza mats at 15.
Oop, sorry ran off to do stuff. You can't axe it, the whole thing will poof. You have to have goza mats up all the way at least. I tried it that way first and I think it would have worked (seemed to just cover it) but that was when I had that problem with the invisible bit.

I think the best thing to do is just use a ladder to place goza mats. You can place when you stand on top of the (castle) ladder, or when you move forward one, so that should affect where you place the ladder (either one away or two away from where you want the goza mat to end up). You need to target yourself with the goza mat, also. If you aren't sure where the goza mat is, you can find it's x,y coordinates by going back down to the ground and walking around till it vanishes (that means you are directly under it).

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

If EAMythic is NOT using Sarsmi to design Ter Mur, and many customizations of the various shards ... Then SHAME ON THEM!!!

I finally quit being stunned, surprised, and amazed by you, Sarsmi, because your creativity and genius simply has now become expected and granted.

WoW!

Elladan of Baja

N

Ni-

I haven't been able to play with my one soul forge, for fear of loosing it. I need to get my Imbuing up. I think it's wierd that a carpenter can make a soul forge with 75 Imbuing but you need 95 Imbuing to get the fragment required for make the soul forge.

Anyway, I got around the cramped design of my work area(only 4 walkable tiles wide) with a large Soul Forge by placing it on my roof directly above my work area which is on the first floor. Now to just incorporate that into the design of my roof...

D

Deb

I know this is an old thread, BUT I had to thank Sarsmi on her instructions.
As I was trying to figure out how to put a soul forge on the 1st floor of my house, that had floors above it.
I now have a much smaller soul forge and still have the rooms above it.
Thank you again!!!!!:heart::heart::heart:
And yes it is a custom house.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, that's just amazing. :thumbup1:

I always thought those soul forges were the far too big and ugly to even consider having in your house. Castle or not. This actually looks like some kind of ultra-modern art sculpture. Maybe alien in the UO universe. I love it.