• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SOS Shopping

• Thread starter toontownhappy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

toontownhappy

So last week at SOS shopping we ran into a small problem with regard to which cards we stay for. It ended up that one of the two runs stayed for a Soggy Bottom, and the other for a Sid Sonata. I really don't think that's the point of SOS shopping, but I don't want to accidentally tell someone incorrect information. So what cards exactly do we stay for at SOS shopping? When I started coming I was told:
All five stars
Franz
Daffy
and occasionally Melody Wavers.
Is this correct?

S

Squeaker

That was my impression but last weekend did have a touch of confusion thrown in. I'm still not really sure what happened. I would rather not stick around for Soggy Bottom because then I just have to go blow it on the street. Clarification on this issue would be nice! And of course, a no options policy for Friday night shopping would be a good thing. That way, no arguing and no questions. Either stay or go depending on what's up there, not a vote. Just my opinion of course.

W

Wascally Wabbit

Yea the last team didn't have much luck. We went through about 4 or 5 times and ended up staying for a Sid Sonata since everybody was getting a little annoyed. We had all these 3 star toons, restock TU, Restock squirt etc...

K

kingsgal

Do we have a list somewhere of what toons rescued mean as far as sos cards. Because I have no idea which ones are which?

T

toontownhappy

Do we have a list somewhere of what toons rescued mean as far as sos cards. Because I have no idea which ones are which?
There's a list of SOS toons on the Toontown Stratics site, as well as in the Toontown Player's Guide. I prefer the Stratics one, because it has pictures of the toons, not just the names. :lol:

G

Granjell

Originally we had all agreed to stay only for the "good" cards, but then some people were suggesting that spending the night running and gagging up was less than productive. So after a discussion, I believe it was decided that we would run a max of 3 times and then stay for whatever was there the 4th run. Maybe that's what happened last time....

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never attend this event, but I have attended other shopping runs in the past.. may I just say this negates the whole purpose of the event, and I don't understand why you would do it.

S

Steveo

When I started the SOS SHopping event it was only too get 5 star cards and a couple of 4's like daffy and franz. After a few weeks of it we got some decent cards and we did not have to run as much. Now it seems like maybe 1 out of 6 tries is maybe a 5 star. Now when we first started it was more like 1 out of 3 in the district of Kooky grove. So maybe we need to switch districts and see what happens. I know it gets really frustrating running 5 or 6 times. If everyone wants to try a different district then we can just let me know so I can change it on the event calendar. I am thinking of a district where no CCG runs or any other groups run out of . Here is a couple of choices and correct me if I say a wrong district. kookytown, Bouncyville, Looneyburg, looneyville. Those are a few of my choices. I am going to try to attend tom night. I need to regain some 5 stars. But Yes SOS is only intended for 5 stars. Defeats the purpose if you stay for a 3 or 4 star that you dont need.

G

Granjell

I think changing districts is in order. Kooky Grove hasn't given us anything good for quite some time. By the way, someone told me that the difficulty of the cog battle is somehow based on the value of the card being rescued. Can anyone confirm that?

S

Steveo

I dont know how true that is. I know that I have got a 5 star card with a easy cog battle and a 3 star with a hard fought battle never thought the lvl 12's would ever end. But I am not a 100 percent sure if that is true or not.

S

SSniffleslam

I think changing districts is in order. Kooky Grove hasn't given us anything good for quite some time. By the way, someone told me that the difficulty of the cog battle is somehow based on the value of the card being rescued. Can anyone confirm that?
I agree with changing districts...and it was I who told ya that the difficulty of the cog rounds depends on the cards. Take a Professor Pete card for instance...you will see a lot more HW12's with him, even in the first round. I don't know if anyone else has noticed it, surely someone has, or it could just be my obsessive attention to details!! :D

L

Little Sadie

I've never noticed the tie between cards and difficulty battle. It always seems the same level of cogs no matter what the card.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never noticed the tie between cards and difficulty battle. It always seems the same level of cogs no matter what the card.
I believe you are right, Sadie. Some times it may seem easier, but that's because the other side got the harder cogs.

S

Steveo

I believe you are right, Sadie. Some times it may seem easier, but that's because the other side got the harder cogs.
I agree. I think if one side is using sound the whole time then that will make the battle go by quicker and seem like its a easy battle. On the other hand if you are luring instead of using sound then the battle will seem alot longer and may either seem like you might get less cogs. I have not notice a diffence that much in cogs depending on the type of card.

S

SSniffleslam

I dunno...I had a "Baker Bridget" earlier that was rife with 2's and 3's in the first round on both sides and only a couple of 6's and 7's along with the initial HW 12 that comes out. Then I went in again for a "Clumsy Ned" with a first round full of 6's - 9's and even a couple of 11's - again on both sides. The second rounds were about the same, however....so maybe my theory is crap...or maybe it only applies to the first round. It's just always seemed like the little 3 star cards are a little easier.

J

JUMBLY

Since I have been doing the VP runs i have been wanting any cards possible. ill stay to help those toons who could care le3ss what cards they get.

And by the way. Steveo if you are reading this, thanks for last nights VP run with me. It was fun. Now i am only 300 xp away from the birthday cake gag. Thanks for all your help Steveo.:bowdown:

S

Steveo

And by the way. Steveo if you are reading this, thanks for last nights VP run with me. It was fun. Now i am only 300 xp away from the birthday cake gag. Thanks for all your help Steveo.:bowdown:
Oh its not a problem. I am up for a vp anytime. Hate we got a bad card but thats the game. Glad to see you are moving up in your sell suit. Anytime you need help pm me or just let me know.