• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] SOS chest of the Strongbox color? How rare?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ran into one of these a couple weeks ago, followed the next SOS by a Strongbox instead of a chest.

How rare are these silver chests (look like the gold style, but silver)?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I got more of the silver than gold. Still not super common though.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I got more of the silver than gold. Still not super common though.
I find that hard to believe - I'm not talking about the level 2 chest that looks like the standard iron chest. I've only seen two of the silver chests out of 500 or so done since the chest changes.

The chest on the left is the standard Hue 0 Level 3 SOS Chest. The Strongbox is the standard Hue 2102 Strongbox (rare drop) from an SOS. Ot's a different color than the White Net Leviathan/Scalis strongboxes that can appear where the net thrower was standing (those I believe are Hue 2970).

Unlike the standard Iron chests from level 2 SOS (which use the standard small chest template), the Level 3 chests have the Large Chest Interior Gump if that setting is active.

Screenshot 2022-10-07 00.22.58.png

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I find that hard to believe
I have gotten about 10 of the small silver chests that is on the far right on your picture. They do not come with items. They come with the large gems and generally a deco piece of colored ingots for display. Strong Boxes. Believe what you want.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I have gotten about 10 of the small silver chests that is on the far right on your picture. They do not come with items. They come with the large gems and generally a deco piece of colored ingots for display. Strong Boxes. Believe what you want.
Where are you getting the Gold Strongboxes from other than VS.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Where are you getting the Gold Strongboxes from other than VS.
I thought I got one gold one but maybe not. It has been a while since I have done much with my fisherman but I know I have gotten quite a few of the silver ones. I use them to hold my SOS.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The far right are the Strongboxes - the rare thing, even rarer than those, are when a level 3 chest type pops the Strongbox color - which is the chest in the middle.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't keep many chests but here are the silver ones I have on Siege. I know I have trashed more than I have kept of them due to limited space. I have rarely played much in the past 5 years, especially on Siege. Most of mine are on Chessy and currently don't have access to that house. 2 are the normal silver and 3 I believe were from the white nets possibly? They look to be barnacle covered like the other white net chests.

siege.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't keep many chests but here are the silver ones I have on Siege. I know I have trashed more than I have kept of them due to limited space. I have rarely played much in the past 5 years, especially on Siege. Most of mine are on Chessy and currently don't have access to that house. 2 are the normal silver and 3 I believe were from the white nets possibly? They look to be barnacle covered like the other white net chests.

View attachment 136308
Nice haul.
Looks like silver ones would be small gump like the gold. But the silver barnacles would be large gump. I wish I had a few of the silver barnacle ones. I'll have to ask my fisher friend about them

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got a couple on LS from our master Fisher.

When she says something is rare it is rare.

1665458596491.png