• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Sorting BODs - can you speed up the process?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've finally got around to organising my extensive BOD collection and have nearly come undone in two areas. One - moving BODs from backpack to a BOD book. Is it possible to macro this with UOA? I hate hate HATE dragging and dropping! Secondly, is there any way to automate price setting in BOD books?

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know of an automated way to handle bod's. I think if you did create a script then wouldn't you risk being detected as a scripter and banned? Fear like that keep me from trying anything useful like you need.

The game will stay the way it is until developers play the game as extensively as us. I try to keep bod books below 200 counts so I can have an empty pack and have two books. Remove from one and transfer to the other. I sometimes give up since I have bod's between three houses due to lockdown limitations.

Regarding price setting I think you can set a price then drop a bod of the same and it will keep the prior set price. It has been a long time for me though doing that. This is another area that developers don't do much of I'm certain since it is clunky and cumbersome.

In general, they develop and test things on a small sample of cases and do not do thousands of bods a week to realize how poorly designed is the system. Even if you document a great idea on these boards or email to bug reports only small pieces will be implemented and it takes years to actually realize anything.

Sorry for my pessimism and I really enjoy seeing things in the game that are very close to my ideas, but it's a long process. I recommend making a list of how you want the changes to be implemented and submit it to [email protected] as well as post to stratics.

I wish at each shop or in my house I could pull up my bod bank box and do all sorts of various categories that I wanted without having many books sorted into collections of 200. BOD pricing agents for vendors is an entirely different system need.

-Lorax

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've finally got around to organising my extensive BOD collection and have nearly come undone in two areas. One - moving BODs from backpack to a BOD book. Is it possible to macro this with UOA? I hate hate HATE dragging and dropping! Secondly, is there any way to automate price setting in BOD books?
No way to automate, but...

Here's a couple of shortcuts.

For sorting:

A. Take the book that has the mixed BODs in it, and set it as close as you can for the BOD being sorted for.
B. Have the Organize Agent of UO set up for 3 different Bags, each with an "Organize Bag" hotkey for that bag. Be sure to count resources beforehand, otherwise the agent runs at 10% of normal speed.
C. Drop the first group of BODs out of the Book being sorted, then hit the key to Organize into Bag 1. Note that if you're sorting by LBOD type, that many times you'll have smalls for 3 or 4 armor LBOD types, and you'll want to pull only one (maybe 2, for Tailor) category of those out at a time.
D. After the BODs are all moved to the bag, Move the book that is the destination for the BODs into that bag. This minimizes the drag and drop procedure into the book.
E. Repeat C & D for Bag 2, which will collect another type of BOD.
F. Repeat C & D for Bag 3.
G. At this point, depending if you are sorting Smith or Tailor BODs...

* Smith: you'll have X quality, Y type sorted out - Ringmail in Book 1, Chain into Book 2, and Plate into Book 3. The original book still holds your weapon BODs, and all remaining Armor BODs to sort. Remove the books from the bags, change either the X or Y variable, and repeat C-F for the new variables, until you have to change metal types. OR, change out the source BOD Book and keep the same "Your Settings", and leave the BOD Books in the bags as-is.
After you go through this for all the combinations of Quality, Count and metals, all the books being sorted FROM will be left with just weapons and the BODs with no larges. these can then be sorted similarly to the above, if needed.

*Tailor: Will work similar to Smith, except you'll be sorting for 4 different Armor LBODs. For example, Book 1 will have Male suit, Book 2 Female pieces, Book 3 Studded, and the Bone will be left in the book being sorted from.
This will require an additional step, after going through the process, of then sorting the "source" BOD books one more time, to move the Bone Armor into their respective books, but in such a situation, you can have the "count" box NOT checked for the Bone as part of the sort, and have the organize bags for 10, 15 & 20 count. This would leave cloth & footwear in the Source books for the sort.
Sorting Footwear & cloth would then be done, but is complicated by there being 9 different cloth LBODs, with 4 pairs of LBODs sharing a shoe type - PLUS the LBODs for the Footwear. The exact method would probably be left up to you, but could be done similar to 3 passes through the above, method for the cloth.

Now, as for pricing....

The best way to price BODs is to HAVE ALL THE BODS IN A GIVEN BOOK ALL THE SAME PRICE.

If you do that, pricing becomes much easier.

Starting with a book of BODs that has a uniform desired price per BOD.

1. Click the pricing button for the first BOD.
2. Price the BOD, hit Enter
3. For the rest of the BODs in the book,
3.a. Click the button for the BOD.
3.b. Hit CTRL-Q to bring up your last typed input.
3.c. Hit Enter. Go to the next BOD.

This reduces the keystrokes immensely, as you only have to hit CTRL-Q each time after the first BOD, instead of constantly retyping the BOD price.

I personally use this method on my Luna BOD vendor, where at one time I had hundreds of Horned kit LBOD smalls in one book, and similar numbers of CBD LBOD smalls in another book. As each had the same price, it was simply a matter of the buyer using a sort to look for the specific family of smalls they wanted (say, for example, selecting for horned normal 20-part in that CBD book would bring up the Studded & Bone smalls, without any of the 120-PS 6-parters or the footwear mixed in).

U

uoBuoY

When BoDs first came out I took few hours to create a spreadsheet with every BoD listed (very little typing...just a lot of cut and paste). Then 2 books for each material and added more as needed. The only sorting is by material. I put a number on the spreadsheet to indicate how many of that BoD I have. Really very easy to maintain.

Just remember to decrement the spreadsheet number when you remove a BoD!