• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorry if i a little disappointed

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my char is in a faction ( TB)
I thought that kill a person what a pk mode.
I went for the first time at the isle of fire, i'm a tamer, factioned but not pk, and a guy, LORD ( what title for a coward) Johann has attacking me. My pet worked well :)
After a while he come back with one of his friend ( i don't remember the name) and killed me.
"LORD" Johannn you are a COWARD!!!
Ok, and so my experience on the faction is finished. I hate not pk, but LORDS blue that kill only for pleasure. Because they don't are able to do by himself and ask to a friend to kill
Applausi al "LORD".
And i say bye bye at the faction status. It's not for me :(

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WTF do you expect? It's factions, factions is a PvP system. Player versus Player combat. People join factions to kill other people.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WTF do you expect? It's factions, factions is a PvP system. Player versus Player combat. People join factions to kill other people.
it's ok. But a "lord" that can't be able to kill me and call a friend to kill me is too much. I want to play, not to play with coward and get angry for the cowardy of someone that is "LORD", blu.
I want loyalty

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's ok. But a "lord" that can't be able to kill me and call a friend to kill me is too much. I want to play, not to play with coward and get angry for the cowardy of someone that is "LORD", blu.
I want loyalty
I'm sorry I don't understand. I don't speak spanish.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think your going to find very many people in this forum that will feel sorry for you getting PK'd. There was a pretty good chance that even if you weren't in factions, you would have been attacked in fel. I don't think there is anymore honorable PVP in fel. I think that went away around Sept 26, 1997.

Was the person who killed you in a different faction, same faction, or not in factions? The reason I asked is because you mentioned "blue" and the only way you could tell if the person was blue would be if they were either not in factions or in the same faction as yourself.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WTF did you expect? You joined factions....factions is for PvP. It's obvious you joined to get the arties, and not to fight, so quite frankly I have less than zero sympathy for you. If he was a blue that attacked and killed you, give him a count and be on your way. If he was a red, well guess what sunshine, that's what reds do....better hop back onto the old steamship lollipop to Tram. If it was an orange that killed you....well wtf...surprise, surprise, that's what factions is about. Who gives a flying f**k whether he was a Lord or a dirtball. Never ceases to amaze me how many turnips STILL fall off the truck in this game........

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so quite frankly I have less than zero sympathy for you.
You are very friendly :cursing:
Also me have no sympathy for you.
The only thing i want to say is that if someone is not able to kill me, is a coward if he calls a friend to kill me. Stop.
For me, this post is closed.
Bye to all

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am italian but i think to speak english bad, but not so bad........
I think you are joking me :(

Could be a product of USA public education system, we don't know what other countries speak other than Brits and Aussies speak funny English, people to the North speak French, and people to the South speak Spanish. Just look at our country. Okies don't understand New Yorkers and visa versa, and no one understands Cajuns. I was once called a "Tadpole" by someone in Wisconsin, or at least that was what I thought he called me. Not sure if I should have been offended by that or not.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of my char is in a faction ( TB)
I thought that kill a person what a pk mode.
I went for the first time at the isle of fire, i'm a tamer, factioned but not pk, and a guy, LORD ( what title for a coward) Johann has attacking me. My pet worked well :)
After a while he come back with one of his friend ( i don't remember the name) and killed me.
"LORD" Johannn you are a COWARD!!!
Ok, and so my experience on the faction is finished. I hate not pk, but LORDS blue that kill only for pleasure. Because they don't are able to do by himself and ask to a friend to kill
Applausi al "LORD".
And i say bye bye at the faction status. It's not for me :(
No wonder he went and got his friend you were fighting him with your dragon. You cannot except one person alone to take on a greater dragon. next time leave your greater dragon home if you don't want anyone bringing friends to kill you.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read again your post. It's very offensive. I've messaged a moderator. My english is bad, i know, but you are only offensive.
Trust me spark plug, you aren't the first and you won't be the last.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Making fun of someone communicating in a language that is not their first is a sure way to draw my ire... Whether factions is for Ivory is her decision to make. If she is playing with in the rules, none of you should have any issues.

I hope I have made myself clear. Attacking someone's writing skills will be considered a personal attack. Ignoring this warning will result in possible suspension of posting privileges.

A. Show respect at all times.

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

N. Not responding to or ignoring moderator warnings can lead to suspension.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).
I could not agree more wholeheartedly. As always, Kelmo, you shine through the fog that is Stratics TOS as a beacon of reason.

Trolling has no place on this forum. Making a post just to get a response from someone is completely unacceptable.

I'm glad that you were able to post this in Ivory's thread, where it is quite clear that she started this thread just to anger other serious factioners and I.

I tip my hat to you.

Ivory - I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors of Ultima Online.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivory,

I hope your not basing your decision to quit factions on this one little incident. From what I gather from your past posts, is that your not a PVPer, yet you were able to stay alive while getting attacked 1vs1. Most decent PVPers could take out a tamer even if they have a greater dragon, so them having to get back-up to kill a non-PVP tamer really just goes to show how bad that person is at PVP. All I can say is if you enjoyed being in factions stay, but realize that in fel this is going to happen. If you have guildmates, you can always ask for help and turn the tables on them.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivory,

I hope your not basing your decision to quit factions on this one little incident.
I'm very disappointed because I thought that loyalty was the first way to play.
Ok, my english is very bad, but i think that most people understand it, without offend me. UO is not only an english language game. And unfortunately italian language is not supported.
I'm not a noob, i've been playing far from 7 years, but it's the firtst time that i join a faction.
I know that pvp is without rules, but loyaltyness is too much for me.
Quitting a faction is better for my game :(
Thanks Kellgory for having understand what i want to say.....

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the word your trying to use is honor instead of loyalty. In the perfect PVP world if someone attacks you 1 vs 1 they should either finish the job 1 vs 1 or take their punishment, but that's the perfect world. Every once in a while I'll see people who actually will duel 1 vs 1. Usually it starts by one of them asking the other person if they want to duel and the other person accepts then both parties let their guildmates know not to attack. Sometimes the duel ends with a victor and no interference, and other times the the person loosing the battle will tell their guildmates to attack and save them.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kellgoy, maybe i'm an stupid idealist girl.
But pvp is ok, no rules.
Factions are different.
I've learned that some people want only kill other people. Only for the pleasure of making it.
And sorry, i've disappointed :(
Very disappointed.
I've been playing for 7 years on trammel (or safe worlds) not for fear but because i'd like to enjoy myself with some monsters, dungeons...
I hate to kill people.
If i was factioned it was only for items ( and a strange horse!).
Why i have to kill someone?
Someone has told me that UO is based on killing other chars.
Excuse me, can i have another idea of playing UO???
The old game is over................
I agree with Kellgory. The real word is HONOR, not loyalty.
Ok, this time it's the end of the post, for me.
Really
Also if i remanin very disappointed :(

PS: In Italy there are a lot of unofficial shards. Some of this are ONLY with Felucca world. In Italy Ultima Online is considered only a pvp game.
I've been playing here because i think that there are many ways of playing UO. Now Ultima Online is a new game, with new rules. Not the same of 11 years ago.............
And i love this game, not only kill chars, kill chars, kill chars........
It seems to me so stupid

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivory,

You've paid your dues and have every right to play the game however you like, and no one has the right to put you down or tell you how you should be playing. Keep your chin up and keep playing the game how you like to play it.

UO stopped being based on killing other people when they split the land into Fel and Tram. Those that wanted to only kill other people were turned red and are stuck in Fel, for everyone else there is all the other lands. Problem is that if you PVP long enough you will see just about every bad thing you can imagine and then some, from cheating, foul language, to dirty tactics. Eventually you start getting numb to these antics and start killing first and talking afterwards. Someone attacking you, then finding out that they suck and calling in back-up isn't an uncommon sight in fel. I'm surprised that they only had one friend who bothered to show-up and help. I wonder how much they had to beg for some help, how sad.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is saying UO is strictly for PvP.

We are saying FACTIONS is for pvp, well, because it is a PvP system.

That's what it's for, that's the purpose of it. By joining you consent to PvP.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want loyalty
You get the "Lord" title when you have enough fame which you gain by killing monsters. I think it's best for everyone if you stay on the Trammel side.

L

Laf

But pvp is ok, no rules.
Factions are different.
I've learned that some people want only kill other people. Only for the pleasure of making it.
Very disappointed.
I've been playing for 7 years on trammel (or safe worlds) not for fear but because i'd like to enjoy myself with some monsters, dungeons...
I hate to kill people.
Really

PS: In Italy there are a lot of unofficial shards. Some of this are ONLY with Felucca world. In Italy Ultima Online is considered only a pvp game.
I've been playing here because i think that there are many ways of playing UO. Now Ultima Online is a new game, with new rules. Not the same of 11 years ago.............
It seems to me so stupid
I see a strong heart but a weak mind!!! Fel not place for you are!!!

L

Laf

But pvp is ok, no rules.
Factions are different.
Very disappointed.
I hate to kill people.
Really

It seems to me so stupid
I see a strong heart but a weak mind!!! Fel not place for you are!!!
Fel is MAINLY kill player, kill player, kill player. I suggest stay in good lands. Or whatever its called. Trommol.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No wonder he went and got his friend you were fighting him with your dragon. You cannot except one person alone to take on a greater dragon. next time leave your greater dragon home if you don't want anyone bringing friends to kill you.
My pet was a rune beetle and i was here to kills demons. He attacked me and obiouvsly i defended me with the beetle. But i was in peace, killing demons!

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa, also if my favourite shards are Catskills and Atlantic.
But in Italy the internet connections work not very well (far from 7 months i live in country, not in city) and Europa for me it's the shard were i have less lag :(

T

Turdnugget

I'm very disappointed because I thought that loyalty was the first way to play.
I don't think PK = player killer should be at all mentioned with loyalty...unless you're talking about guild/friend loyalty.

Murderers... they do just that. Murder.

As stated, factions is a PvP system. People see orange, they want blood.

Why were you killing demons? Farming silver for a trammel based character? I'd suggest farming in a less populated area as opposed to Fire Isle. It's one of the most frequented spots to camp.

Originally Posted by Lynk
I'm sorry I don't understand. I don't speak spanish.
I don't see how that is reason for...
Attacking someone's writing skills will be considered a personal attack.
He's simply stating that he doesn't understand what the person is saying, assuming they're foreign, he took a jab at where that person is from. It's kinda hard to follow someone's thoughts/feelings/anger when you can't understand what they're trying to say.

But anywho, Ivory, if you don't want to be attacked, don't leave Tokuno/Ilsh/Malas or Trammel. Outside of those facets, you're bound to be attacked. PK's are craving blood more ever since they Fel/Trammel split. Their prey went down 10fold.

And yes, it was cowardly of that 'Lord' to call in his friend to help kill you. How do you think I feel when a certain Asian guild on my shard calls in 3-4 people just to kill my thief in Despise? Makes it kinda hard to steal anything. That's cowardly.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your feelings about factions, I too feel that there should be honor and loyalty within that system, unfortunately not many others do. There are a group of players on Great Lake Factions, that feel honor and loyalty are important to our playstyle. :)

If you want to give GL a try, pm me we will see if we can help you out!

C

Cloak&Dagger

You guys do realize that (even tho it is broken English) i am fairly sure she is stating that there should be loyalty with in the faction seeing as how a blue attacked her, i do not understand the reference to lord...perhaps the faction commanding lord of the faction she was in? its very hard to understand her but everyone always seems to be on the attack here. given all that i have said (if it all be true) then i would have to be on her side as i do feel people in the same faction should not be fighting for no cause (as stated factions are a pvp system where by 1 faction is against 3 others in a 4 way fight) as that is it means when you join, lets say TB, you expect to be fighting min sl and com, not TB. Just my opinion tho, seeing as how on my main shard the inner fighting with in the factions is worse than the fighting between factions, some guilds are even "allied" to enemy faction guilds and "waring" allied faction guilds...but my point is the same, should be some form of loyalty with in the faction and perhaps some honorable pvping from time to time.

T

Turdnugget

I don't remember her saying the PK was in the same faction...

And typically in a non faction vs. faction fight... a PK will kill whoever. That's why they're called player killers. Not selective killers.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Maybe she's saying blues should be loyal to other blues?
Who knows.
Either way she got killed for farming silver. Many have been murdered for less.
There's a whole mirror for those who don't like the playstyle. To come here and complain about it isn't going to be productive.