• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sorry, Dear Toon....

G

Granjell

Sorry little blue mouse... We tried to help you by bringing you through the DA elevator A to get your alibi from the Legal Eagles. You did okay on the puzzles and everything. But after the second time you sounded the lured cogs when a level seven was being played, we weren't about to toon you up. And then, you had the STUPIDITY to run up to the final set of cogs while we were all telling you to wait.... Well, you deserved to leave after two hits from the Big Wigs... Listen to the bigger toons, they usually know what they're doing.

T

TealAngel

Tell me, what do you find more irratating? Little toons that dont listen or the ones that every single battle ( I mean each time a cog comes up) they tell you what to play. Nevermind that your laugh points are double, sometimes even triple thiers, they somehow know much better than you. I had a similar incident the day before on a vp factory run. We had one little toon who didnt seem to know how to play or was just plain arrogant, i dont know which, but he would do things like throw a quicksand when we all had sound up. He met his sadness on his own accord tho. We were waiting for an invasion and told him three times to wait. He insisted on meeting the supervisor on his own. We got in there just to see him go sad. I will be honest, we didnt rush in with his cries of help, but we did try to get to him but two hits and he was gone. I do understand that some of these toons are kids, but geesh, when we try to help them, and they just refuse to listen, what can you do?

S

SSniffleslam

You know what I can't stand even more than little toons being bossy? BIG toons being even bossier or butting in when I didn't ask for their help. I delete toons way too much (call it my adult ADHD acting up...I can't stay focused on one toon to save my life), and every time I create a new one, I find myself being annoyed in TTC by the big toons with those "Help a new toon" tasks. THEY KNOW that the little toons don't have anything but throw and squirt, and here they come with their big sound taking cogs out and robbing me of points!! THEN they have the NERVE to say Sorry! WTF ever!

G

Granjell

That's true. It's easier to understand a kid not knowing how to battle a boss than to understand how a person playing a big toon forgets what it's like to be a little toon. I believe there are people who get a sick thrill out of cheating smaller toons of their gag points.

T

TealAngel

Oh I so agree with you, about the big toons coming in and not letting the little toons get points, thats annoying also. Dont get me wrong. I love the game, I just dont know why mean peeps go there to play. I think, I hope atleast, that these examples of meanies are actually teenagers and not adults although I know there are bound to be a few. Atleast with teens you can hope they will grow up, and mature into nice productive members of the human race, if they are adults, going into this game and being a bully to any other toon, especially if you dont know thier age is just sickening. I have actually walked around with a perm bubble over my head that says " I love to report mean and rude toons". Funny how that changes the attitude of some. Politeness increases greatly in the gag shops when i have this over my head lol

A

Animal_Control

Atleast with teens you can hope they will grow up, and mature into nice productive members of the human race,
Uhm, yeah, err, where da' heck are YOU from? 86% of todays teens are useless. Also, 79% of all statistics are made up! :)

Keep hoping...but don't count on it unless you're hoping that teens grow more thumbs to text or IM quicker.:gun: ROFL!

Z

ZippyW

What I keep in mind about these toons is:

1. Not all "little toons" are new players. There are a lot of players who are on their 2nd, 3rd, etc. toon. I never take it for granted that I know more than a smaller toon, but I also don't think I need any instructions when I'm maxed at all the HQs except for Boss, and I'm close there.

2. Those toons who run ahead are easily dealt with unless they are a big toon and are just bound and determined to be jerks, and are going to use a 7 just to prove some point. With those toons, I make a note of their name, let it go, and never EVER play with them again. And if I DO run into them again, I let everyone around know exactly how they play.

3. I absolutely love playing with little toons in TTC!! I laugh at the little ones that are bossy; they are so cute! The ones who make huge mistakes are easy enough to lose. I went into a building with some the other day and one refused to throw ANY gags. I was the only one with TU and refused to give him any laffs because he wasn't playing anything at all. When I told him "you throw some gags, and I'll toon you" - he said that he had run into the building without any! I told him he was about to learn a valuable lesson!!

L

Little Sadie

LOL Zippy! I am sure he had plenty of time to think things over while staring at his toes back at the playground.:D

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always keep a small toon on my accounts. I know it hard as small toon. I was killed off alot of times by them big toons. When i needed a task done i always went to the small toons. I had alot of help with my toons. I have 25 laff toon I am going to work him alot.

P

PinkyPepperpow

Atleast with teens you can hope they will grow up, and mature into nice productive members of the human race
Hmmm, where did I go wrong? I matured into playing a Disney game 24/7. You might want to talk to my parents about this. I'm sure my parents hoped and prayed...LOL

T

TealAngel

LOL @ Pinky. Yeah Im sure my parents are proud also. lol I can see the conversation now. Picture a Fathers Knows Best type setting. Bud and Princess are sitting around waiting to see what trouble TealAngel has caused this go around. And for those of you unfamiliar with Father Knows Best Think Simpsons but on Valium. The parents were nice, the kids never got into any trouble. okay maybe the Simpsons were a bad example........LOL As I explain to them that I wish to throw my years of hard work and my law degree down the tubes, so that I can dress up as a duck, throw pianos, cakes and tnt, at some pretty funny looking cartoon characters all day, every day, not earning good money but Jellybeans. Wouldnt they just be so distraught as they gave me the speech about how life is not all about Cog Hq and throwing yourself out of a cannon....... LOL yeah right. Toontown is my addiction. If you dont like it well, Heres a wedding cake right in the kisser.......LOL
Hugs and Happiness to one and all

Zippy, I have been in your situation too. Usually a reminder of play something or go sad does the trick, but going into the elevator without gags, Are you kidding. What does he think he is a CEO for AIG? ;p

L

Loopy Moe 27

You know what I can't stand even more than little toons being bossy? BIG toons being even bossier or butting in when I didn't ask for their help.
Couldnt agree more! Little toons may be annoying, but most of them are either new to the game or are kids. But bigger toons, like the 131 laffer i met in the factory the other day, that INTENTIONALLY TRY TO KILL OFF ANY TOON LOWER THAN 80 LAFF WHEN THE FACTORY IS INDEED FOR LOWER TOONS, make me want to tear my hair out! If they think the are so good why dont they just go to a quiet district and do these things on their own!?!? sighh just sharing my opinion lol

Z

ZippyW

LOL @ Pinky. Yeah Im sure my parents are proud also. lol I can see the conversation now. Picture a Fathers Knows Best type setting. Bud and Princess are sitting around waiting to see what trouble TealAngel has caused this go around. And for those of you unfamiliar with Father Knows Best Think Simpsons but on Valium. The parents were nice, the kids never got into any trouble. okay maybe the Simpsons were a bad example........LOL As I explain to them that I wish to throw my years of hard work and my law degree down the tubes, so that I can dress up as a duck, throw pianos, cakes and tnt, at some pretty funny looking cartoon characters all day, every day, not earning good money but Jellybeans. Wouldnt they just be so distraught as they gave me the speech about how life is not all about Cog Hq and throwing yourself out of a cannon....... LOL yeah right. Toontown is my addiction. If you dont like it well, Heres a wedding cake right in the kisser.......LOL

Zippy, I have been in your situation too. Usually a reminder of play something or go sad does the trick, but going into the elevator without gags, Are you kidding. What does he think he is a CEO for AIG? ;p
And I've played with little toons who ran into a 4-story bldg a friend called in TTC once (you know, the "help a small toon with a building" task), and I was very understanding that they only have limited gags and maybe didn't realize what they were running in to because they were excited to even get IN the building (I remember being confused what those circles above the door meant!! And a friend thought that if you jumped up and down in front of the door, it would eventually open, which is why it would open empty sometime!! LOL!). So long as they do SOMETHING, not just stand there, I'm willing to be the big gun for them and drag them all through.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I've played with little toons who ran into a 4-story bldg a friend called in TTC once (you know, the "help a small toon with a building" task), and I was very understanding that they only have limited gags and maybe didn't realize what they were running in to because they were excited to even get IN the building (I remember being confused what those circles above the door meant!! And a friend thought that if you jumped up and down in front of the door, it would eventually open, which is why it would open empty sometime!! LOL!). So long as they do SOMETHING, not just stand there, I'm willing to be the big gun for them and drag them all through.
When it comes to buildings, I'm in the same mindset. I'm willing to /help/ you, not carry you all the way through it. So if they use their gags and try their best (with very tiny toons like those in TTC, I'm a lot more flexible with bad gag choices because it's pretty likely they're new), then I'll help them as best I can and get them through it.

I was confused about those circles too when I first started. I went into a 4 story not realizing I was going to face level 6 cogs as a 16 laffer with nothing but cupcakes and squirt flowers. Yeah... I was doing the Lens Search Shuffle pretty fast. :stretcher: