• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soooo when is everyone getting the +5 to Stats..aka the poorly thought event reward

Status
Not open for further replies.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just asking .........was supposed to be freely/easily available for everyone??????....so as not to penalize anyone that was not playing that day...that hour!!!! only these simple mistakes soon get swept under the table...[whatever].

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's coming out with the exodus' ghost peerless. I believe Mesanna said next publish sometime in November.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people have 260 stats? I didn't even know!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people have 260 stats? I didn't even know!
yep was a poorly thought out event item.....alas u had to be there on the day on the hour....crazy thoughtlessness [whatever]

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember them saying "easily"... only that they well be available in game.
well to make it fair....they want to be as easy to get as it was in the original thoughtless event...in my eyes...any many others....[whatever]

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just asking .........was supposed to be freely/easily available for everyone??????....so as not to penalize anyone that was not playing that day...that hour!!!! only these simple mistakes soon get swept under the table...[whatever].
I'm sorry, what? In what way was this a poorly thought out reward? I think it's a fantastic reward, and the current running price tag agrees with me. I understand you're upset because you didn't get one, but could you be any more juvenile with your complaint? The reward for the event will be available to all players in a later publish, you seem aware of this yet youre still complaining. I can only imagine how upset you'd be if you had received the event reward and were now made to feel less special because it's being given to players that did not attend.

Sorry, but with such a piss poor argument, I'll have to write this one off as your current excuse for losing at pvp. I can picture it clearly in general chat; "whatever noob, u only won cuz of ur gimp +5 statz, gtfo."

I don't know what "THP" stands for, but my best guess is the T stands for transparent.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
they want to be as easy to get as it was in the original thoughtless event
They were not easy to get during the first event either. Of the 15 folks who I personally know, only 2 of us got the scroll. I have no idea how many dropped. But only 2 out of fifteen seemed like a low rate to me.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed another Dev team super fail.

You should never, ever, ever, EVER give out limited time event 'rewards' that affect the level playing field of PVP/PVM etc. Give out cool deco robes and bank sitting gear and deco items all day - don't give out +Stat +Skill or armor/weapon that exceed other caps that you can only obtain for a limited time. Yes, the people who were there are all giddy with excitement (5%) and the other 95% of your playerbase is pissed off. Think about the players that come later that will not have access to this stuff.

The Cong garb prices are going through the roof b/c you cannot get those mods on any other robe and you can't get it anymore. Stupid event item. Sure I love that have a half dozen and can sell some extras if I need cash but its a barrier to entry to a new player starting today. If he wants to be on the same playing field (level) with other players - then save up your 38m in gold and buy one if you can find one for sale.

Its just a bad bad model to follow when you want a game to sustain itself. Give away purple colored llamas, special lanterns and cute deco robes but not items with stats/abilities that are not achievable elsewhere in the game. They will still be rare- still be cool to those that were there - but not affect the balance of combat in the game.

Its great that 'in the future' you will provide a way to get this but that doesn't help people in the short term and the odds of you 'never gettting to it' are high.

Why not have someone with veto power over all 'rewards' given out for events that understands the game?
This is why there is so much dev angst. Poor decision making continues month in and month out.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed another Dev team super fail.

You should never, ever, ever, EVER give out limited time event 'rewards' that affect the level playing field of PVP/PVM etc. Give out cool deco robes and bank sitting gear and deco items all day - don't give out +Stat +Skill or armor/weapon that exceed other caps that you can only obtain for a limited time. Yes, the people who were there are all giddy with excitement (5%) and the other 95% of your playerbase is pissed off. Think about the players that come later that will not have access to this stuff.

The Cong garb prices are going through the roof b/c you cannot get those mods on any other robe and you can't get it anymore. Stupid event item. Sure I love that have a half dozen and can sell some extras if I need cash but its a barrier to entry to a new player starting today. If he wants to be on the same playing field (level) with other players - then save up your 38m in gold and buy one if you can find one for sale.

Its just a bad bad model to follow when you want a game to sustain itself. Give away purple colored llamas, special lanterns and cute deco robes but not items with stats/abilities that are not achievable elsewhere in the game. They will still be rare- still be cool to those that were there - but not affect the balance of combat in the game.

Its great that 'in the future' you will provide a way to get this but that doesn't help people in the short term and the odds of you 'never gettting to it' are high.

Why not have someone with veto power over all 'rewards' given out for events that understands the game?
This is why there is so much dev angst. Poor decision making continues month in and month out.
Wow, this one is really takes the cake. I'm not going to nitpick, it would obviously be a waste as we must be on completely different wavelengths. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion no matter how shoddily constructed it is, but that does not explain or excuse that yours is just flat out WRONG.

There is no possible way you can legitimately describe the +5 stat scroll as gamebreaking or overpowered. The same goes for Conjurer's Garb. The caps on individual stats are not raised, the 5 stats difference is in fact quite negligible. The Conjurer's Garb is the same thing. Is it the 2 Mana Regen that makes one player so far ahead of another? Or the 5% DCI? Ohh maybe its that incredibly overpowered Luck those crazy ass Devs through on there, just to spite us. Give me a break.

None of the stats on Conjurer's Garb allow a player to go over the cap on a stat or reach levels they could not have attained without the item. 5 Stat points from a scroll are not going to allow a mediocre player to easily defeat an opponent who doesn't have the extra 5 stats. If you think otherwise you're either playing a different game than I.

The dev team wanted a unique and useful item to coincide with a "big deal" event. That's actually what GOOD Devs do. The icing on the cake is letting other people obtain the item after the fact. That's another good decision, and one meant to deal with the whiny entitled players who are so prominent in this thread.

Dev mistake? I think not. The mistake is wasting your breath trying to sell an argument that doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Take it away mods, I think you can call this one done.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NOT QUITE DONE....

and ....is a +5 STAT GAME BREAKER....i think its huge gap for haves and have nots??? I can think of 100s of times an extra 5 on my health bar would have saved my life.........

well...is any of the devs gonna tell us one way or another...or even defend for the +5 stat mess [whatever]

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whatever is a slang term meaning "whatever you say" and "I don't care what you say". The term is used to dismiss a previous statement and express indifference and is usually considered offensive and impolite. In the late 20th century and early 21st century, the word became a sentence in its own right; in effect an interjection, it is used as a passive-aggressive conversational blocking tool, leaving the responder without a convincing retort. Anything they do or say can simply be blocked by the retort of "whatever".

Information: You thread is in 'spiels and rants' because of the very rude way it was phrased. You have been informed that the scroll will be available through the Exodus Ghost peerless. Something that Mesanna announced at the anniversary party. It was NEVER said that it would be freely and easily available, just that there would be another way to get it.
It was not 'freely and easily available' at the original Exodus encounter, many died and only very few got the scroll.
Having answered your questions. This thread is now done.

Status
Not open for further replies.