• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Sooo quadruple wisdom molar extraction...

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... REALLY SUCKS!

Just had this procedure done this afternoon and let me just say, this kinda pain is like going through labor!!!

THANK GOD FOR PERCOCET! :)

P.S. If I am cranky, bitchy, and moody... I apologize in advance!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when my wife goes through labor... I can comfort her by saying I got my wisdom teeth out?

...Cool!

Got all mine out on the same day too. But that was in boot camp. I didn't so much mind the pain, but the boredom of bed rest afterward was torture.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So when my wife goes through labor... I can comfort her by saying I got my wisdom teeth out?

...Cool!

Got all mine out on the same day too. But that was in boot camp. I didn't so much mind the pain, but the boredom of bed rest afterward was torture.
LOL Pand's yet to have kids, so unless you want your wife to go "charles manson" on you, I would refrain from the comparisson! :)

They removed them all on the same day???? Why???

Yeah why go through that pain more than once?!?! I got all 4 mine out when I was 47. They are absolutely worthless teeth that most people cannot properly clean and eventually in your later years will rot and decay, causing infections to not only your wisdom tooth roots but also can cause ear infections and sinus infections, as was the case with Pand.

P.S. If I am cranky, bitchy, and moody... I apologize in advance!

Good luck Pand and make your boyfriend (aka Barnaby) take good care of you!!! And for the record, you are normally bitchy, moody, and cranky, so what's changed? :p

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been there... done that... have the t-shirt somewhere...

I had all four taken out at the same time as well. I think I was about 19. I don't remember the pain so much as the pain-killers. They made me loopy as hell!

I also seem to recall trying to eat cheese burgers and pizza pretty early on and failing miserably.

Oh and one last thing I remember, my doctors name... Doctor Cutwright. I kid you not and cut-right he did.

Hang in there Pandy, now you will want to watch out for "dry socket" I think they call it?

P.S.

I will second Bianca's advice about comparing tooth extraction to labor. I was present while my wife did all the work to bring our two into the world. I can tell you I would rather have all my teeth removed one at a time without gas, pills or liquor before I would have swapped places.

:gee:

*tips tricorn to all the mothers out there*

If the miracle of birth had been given to man and not woman the human race would have died out LONG ago!

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having been through both , Labor is far more pain then wisdom molar extraction and at least you had pain pills, sadly mine had to be taken out while I was pregant... No pain meds for me.............But she is right it is a close 2nd to labor

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had mine taken out in fall 2009 I was downing extra strength tylenol like candy for about 4 months before hand and going to classes I got a low grade in math cause of that. then there was the absess that was so painful I couldn't eat or do anything but cry in pain for three days even through vicodin, but yeah given that or having to push a little gremlin out of my I'd take teeth pain.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Nothing like some good old fashioned pain to make you feel alive!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

...Cool!
You could also tell her that sometimes when ye go to the toilet after a fierce BBQ it feels like giving birth, and thus ye know how she must feel right now.

The result might be the same, either she taking you out with a left hook during the 3rd contraction, or immediate divorce.

P.S.: I only had 2 wisdom teeth, I am evolutionary advanced. ;)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had that same thing done a few years back. It's not a pleasant experience to say the least.

To top it all off the evil man who pulled them only felt that I needed Tylenol with codeine for the pain. What a jackass that guy was.

Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was probably upset because the first words out of my mouth after I woke up in recovery were "they dropped me".

When the nurses were walking me from the office to the recovery room one of them let go of my arm and I dropped to the floor in a heap out in the hallway. The crappy meds were payback for tattling on them.

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You could also tell her that sometimes when ye go to the toilet after a fierce BBQ it feels like giving birth, and thus ye know how she must feel right now.

The result might be the same, either she taking you out with a left hook during the 3rd contraction, or immediate divorce.
Don't care what the men folks say.. until you squeeze out a baby... you
haven't felt nothing:p

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
He was probably upset because the first words out of my mouth after I woke up in recovery were "they dropped me".

When the nurses were walking me from the office to the recovery room one of them let go of my arm and I dropped to the floor in a heap out in the hallway. The crappy meds were payback for tattling on them.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't care what the men folks say.. until you squeeze out a baby... you
haven't felt nothing:p
Wouldn't a guy passing a kidney stone the size of a pea be roughly the same? Just wondering...

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't a guy passing a kidney stone the size of a pea be roughly the same? Just wondering...
No, BS anatomy shows that the hole the baby comes out is like normally at most like 3cm (rough estimate) and a babies head is very big comparatively.

I haven't had anatomy or biology or science for that matter in years haha.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, BS anatomy shows that the hole the baby comes out is like normally at most like 3cm (rough estimate) and a babies head is very big comparatively.

I haven't had anatomy or biology or science for that matter in years haha.

But he does have a rather large head.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chemistry makes the world go 'round. Pain killers were man's best invention... screw the wheel!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But without the wheel you'd have to walk to the pharmacy to get those pain killers.

Just some food for thought...