• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sooo did you get your tink legs?

J

[JD]

And how long did it take....

I got mine on the 12th try but I have a friend of a friend who had to do 200 to get 2 of them...

Also, did you re-do your entire suit to fit it in? I basically finished my suit, and the day after I got my tink legs. roflcopter. Or, QQcopter I should say

S

Stupid Miner

Also, did you re-do your entire suit to fit it in?
Yep.
I lost track of how many, over 100, but beyond that... whatever, just have to keep grinding.
It's now an issue of pride as much as anything else.

Y

Yen Sid

And what did you have to fight to get your legs?
Renowned Wyvern. I got sick of grinding that spawn, I bought my pair rofl. And I pretty much built suits around them. Luckily they replaced fey leggings on both toons that use them (Bush Archer, only 45 dci with them on though :( so not really pvp proof but Stygian Dragon is fun with a 40ssi dragon slayer bow ;), and my Sampire :D).

J

[JD]

its not too bad of a spawn for me, as you get imbuing ingredients (fairy dust, etc), good gold, the fairy drags drop items up to 397 intensity (highest ive seen so far) which means I can unravel for imbuing skill gain, as well as you farm Fame and can give it to demons for Sacrafice gain. Plus chance of tink legs or rare imbuing gems (Turqoise, etc). All in all a good camp if you are looking to maximize gains. Though I will probably grow sick of it one day, I hop down there whenever I'm lookin for something to do.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I got some while my sampire was keying for Stygian, I gave them to a friend who was building an Archer, they're not needed for anything I'd play and not worth making a suit non Med for.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iv had 6 pairs now and 10 shields, i avarage about 1 rares drop in 20 kills and 30% legs 60% shield.

Its easily the best place if you want to farm and grind as there is soo much nice loot and the legs are selling for silly prices :)

I changed out 5 parts from my original suit (there is a link somewere):
Arms
Gloves
Ring
Braclet
Robe

And legs for tinkers, but i gaind more than just the SSI.

Thunderz

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Iv had 6 pairs now and 10 shields, i avarage about 1 rares drop in 20 kills and 30% legs 60% shield.

Its easily the best place if you want to farm and grind as there is soo much nice loot and the legs are selling for silly prices :)

I changed out 5 parts from my original suit (there is a link somewere):
Arms
Gloves
Ring
Braclet
Robe

And legs for tinkers, but i gaind more than just the SSI.

Thunderz
What shield are you talking about from the renown wyvern?

-OBSIDIAN-

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not trouble soloing any of the mini-champs in the abyss except the Wyvren one. Forgotten Servants eat my lunch. I play as a sampire and have no magic resist. I tried as an archer, and it took forever to bring down one servant.

What am I doing wrong? I would love to go down and farm for legs!

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not trouble soloing any of the mini-champs in the abyss except the Wyvren one. Forgotten Servants eat my lunch. I play as a sampire and have no magic resist. I tried as an archer, and it took forever to bring down one servant.

What am I doing wrong? I would love to go down and farm for legs!
Try the Soul Seeker on the Forgotton Servents. Seems to be working much better for me, but I can't take on more than one at a time. I use health/refresh pots too with 50% EP. I have 100% DI on my suit BTW.

-Lorax

N

Nematode

Sadly, Ive just passed my 100th Wyvern with no leggings... gotten 4 pillars and 1 storm caller, and like a dozen of the rare music tracks (mainly Primeval Lich).

Perhaps the legging drops is geared towards melee toons who is brave enough to get up close and personal with the renowned. I use a safer alternative, disco-tamer.

Kudos to those who are still at it! Hang in there!

EDIT: Got another storm caller after posting this... Looks like I gotta go gear up my fighter for this spawn...

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OBSIDIAN -The shield is the pillar of strength.

For the wyvern spawn:

I use a 100% energy ornate axe with SL/ML/HLA/SSI/DI i think cold works good against them aswell.
DONT fight them if there is fary dragons around as they aoe and then start wacking on you instead of the servants. I just stand back and let them kill each other then pick the servants off 2-3 at a timewhen the dragons are all dead, honour them, EoO, LS, hit them for 60-80 and crit for about 150, they go down in about 5 hits.

Then when the boss pops run off honour yourself run back in honour him, EoO, and spam feint, i use Daishos for him with Dragon slayer, ML,HLA,DI,SL and again he goes down before your honour runs out, then wait for the next spawn and the left over servants will kill most the dragons for you, kill the remaining few and let the rest of them kill the wyvern spawn and some of the servants.

Then rinse and repeat, takes about 8-10 minutes to do each round ;)

Thunderz

S

Stupid Miner

100% poison weapons give a unique advantage, you can lure some wyverns along with the Servants to increase Whirlwind damage or use momentum strike off the wyverns onto the servants. (wyverns have 90-100 poison resist)
Also, the Renowned is weakest to poison damage. I use a 100% poison double axe dragon slayer and do... about 7 damage to normal wyverns, at best. They also have much less wrestling than the servants, so you don't miss them.

...as shown here: Renowned Wyvern

S

Stupid Miner

So, finally got a pair after i had bought a pair... lol
Will probably transfer it over to LS with some other stuff.

N

Nematode

2 weeks, 140ish Wyverns, 5 Pillars, 4 Storm Callers, a dozen rare gears later. I FINALLY GOT THE LEG!!!

Here is my story:

I started out with tamer and did 100-odd wyverns. I recorded this based on the rare ingred each wyvern drops. Got pillars and callers, but no legs at all. As I am on Enhanced Client, I experience graphic glitches whereby some armor parts dont appear properly. I thought this to be the case as well for the legs, and I had physically mouse over the first 20 grids on the corpses JUST to be sure.

Then, out of despair, I switched out to fighter, hoping the bushido honor luck would help. Got a Caller on the 2nd wyvern, so hey, it might just work... the next 30 or so wyverns bagged me another Pillar. Then I switched to Legacy Container view in the EC. After like 480 diligence essences and faery dusts, I stopped looting and just skim to pop the wyvern as soon as possible.

Just when I complained to Thunderz about my string of bad luck, the brown plate leggings finally appeared on the wyvern that killed me...

For those that are still on it, don't give up! I was about to, but gritted my teeth, and persevered. I suppose Im one of those RL bad-lucked person that took so long to pop a leg. You might have better luck! Keep at it : )

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been soloing the spawn on my disco tamer, or working it with a friend, on my necro mage weaver - still no legs :(

I'm going to give my sampire a try, but wondering about what wep to use. I have 100 DI on armour, so with honor and EoO would I be at the 300 DI cap? Would having dragon slayer on my wep be of any use or would I be better with SSI, hit lightning, hit fireball?

Other mods on wep would be HSL, HML, HLA and DI.

Y

Yen Sid

I've been soloing the spawn on my disco tamer, or working it with a friend, on my necro mage weaver - still no legs :(

I'm going to give my sampire a try, but wondering about what wep to use. I have 100 DI on armour, so with honor and EoO would I be at the 300 DI cap? Would having dragon slayer on my wep be of any use or would I be better with SSI, hit lightning, hit fireball?

Other mods on wep would be HSL, HML, HLA and DI.
If your not swinging at 1.25s then ssi. if you are, might as well add dragon slayer so if you miss honor or something no biggy. Plus dragon slayer works on fairy dragons.

K

Kim Li of LS

Finally, after 2-3 months of 3-9 wyvers about every other day, got legs.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No but I got my standard of chaos.
LOL

So, Logrus, any chance we can get a Doom-like point system in the Abyss mini-champs? It would be nice knowing our efforts were getting us closer to our drop and that we are not totally dependent on the whim of the RNG.

-OBSIDIAN-

J

[JD]

where are the renoun devourers?

i still have my pair from way back when but for petes sake i cant come up with a template that needs them. they would be so nice on my archer to boost the speed up so that i get better dps on slower bows. but im worried about losing joat med and focus. anyone know how the tink legs impact you there?

and again on the sampire, im using 30ssi imbued + turqoise ring, swings it at cap. i played around with the ornate axe but it doesnt seem worth it. so they dont seem to be a fit there either.

C

Cloak&Dagger

where are the renoun devourers?

i still have my pair from way back when but for petes sake i cant come up with a template that needs them. they would be so nice on my archer to boost the speed up so that i get better dps on slower bows. but im worried about losing joat med and focus. anyone know how the tink legs impact you there?

and again on the sampire, im using 30ssi imbued + turqoise ring, swings it at cap. i played around with the ornate axe but it doesnt seem worth it. so they dont seem to be a fit there either.
Renowned Devourers spawn is the spawn outside the abyssal inferno champ spawn entrance.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No but I got my standard of chaos.

NOTE. I am not interested in polemic discussions of playing a melee fighter or a tamer and all that blah blah.
Simply, and solely, I would like to know :
#1) Whether the code puts tamers at a gross disadvantage over other playing styles when it comes to special items drops;
#2) If such a disadvantage is coded in, how big it is as compared to other hunting styles.

Is it too much to ask to have a look at the code and tell us whether tamers play at a handicap as compared to other, melee fighters, when it comes to getting a special item drop ?

I am asking, because too often I read posts from tamers saying that they try and try and try spending countless time at spawns but get no drop and then most always come some melee player debating what they are complaining about since they (the melee players...) got their drops in a much lower number of attempts.

So, I wonder, is there anything in the code that puts tamers to play at a handicap as compared to melee players, when it comes to receive a special item as a drop ?

I think players, tamer players, that is, have the right to know because wasting one's own time all for nothing ain't nice and, if code is there to put tamers play at a handicap when it comes to special items drop, I think these paying customers should know it and then make their responsible choice whether they still want to hunt using their tamer or not even if their chances at a special item drop are severely diminished.........

Thanks.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers don't get separate loot tables from any other player type. They may have their pets eaten occasionally (like paroxymous) but from a loot point of view they are treated like everyone else.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers don't get separate loot tables from any other player type. They may have their pets eaten occasionally (like paroxymous) but from a loot point of view they are treated like everyone else.

Thanks for looking at the code so quickly and dismissing the concerns so firmly.

Some of the concerns I had heard, were about the possibility of a bug given the involvement of pets rather than weapons or spells, to get the target killed. The concerns where that, somehow, a bug might have been playing a nasty effect in reducing the chances of a special item drop when using a pet rather than when using direct spells or weapons.

Hope this now settles for good the years' old rumors that tamers were coded or bugged at a gross disadvantage versus other playing styles, when it came to special items drops.

Thanks again.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm well over 50 at the Devourer renowned and I haven't gotten even a crappy artifact drop. My luck in UO is awful.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First time,My warrier fight wyvern(renowned) spwan.
My weapon is dragon slayer.
Fairly dragon and Servants for dragon slayey double axe with lightning and use double strike.
Wyvern(renowned) for dragon slayer daisho or use best wepon skill leafbrade.
Feint is great!

I kill about 50 wybern,but no drop.

When I changed feelings and went by discord necro mage, wyvern hunting was very easy.
My necro mage get 4 tinker leggs.
I think that its drop is 1 legg in 50-100 wyvern.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well 80ish Devourers now and 10 or so wyverns. Not a thing. My luck is ass.

A

anvira

Ohhhhhhhhhhh the irony.....

I JUST finished making an AWESOME suit for my Mystic/Archer.....

FIRST spawn I do on the toon....BAM Tinker Legs *bangs head against wall*

LOL, now I get to remake my suit!

*Muahahahahahhahaha*

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm now to 108 between the two renowneds, and that count is based only on the ML ingredients I've received, so I've probably done quite a bit more. **** this game.

S

Scoobs

Well, countless wyvern renowns, about 1000 dust and essence each, finally got the legs. It is a great spawn as it can sometimes complete itself, with the only skill required being looting.

Tremendous feeling when they finally dropped.

Now need to decide whether to sell it and finally buy the power scrolls I need, or use them ................

L

LoL/Sonoma

Anyone know where i can find a tactic write up for some of the Renowns in SA (using a tamer)? I havent ventured in yet because i havent really found anything that makes me feel like i'll know what i'm doing when i get there =)

T

thesplatter

So finaly i get them :)
had done 50 or more with my Myst mage
and now i did around 10 with tamer an BOOOMM there are they.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did about 20 wvryn mini spawns this morning.. not a single drop of anything

J

jaashua

did about 20 wvryn mini spawns this morning.. not a single drop of anything
I've done about 20 caldera mini champ spawns. The first time I got a Staff of Enlightenment. Since then, only imbuing jewels. Also did that ratman spawn a few times and got nothing.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poops dont be that freeking lazy, read the damn thread, i stated in post #12 [nearly a year ago] how long it takes me and many others posted how long it took them.

ALSO [as you like to use bold/underline and stupidly big text] We have all posted "HOW" we did it before you ask that dumb question next......

Thunderz

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhu ?

I was asking LYNK, not Thunderz........

I was aware of your post where you mentioned 8-10 mins, thing is, that I was not asking you, but to Lynk........
Not necessarily all players' timings (nor template used) to do spawns must be the same, I would imagine.......

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's three dots people ...

not .......... come on man. do you say 'anywayS' too ? :p

T

Trunkz

Got mine,

Took about 15-20 runs (i think).

@popps,

Spawn turn over took me about 30 minutes start to finish. I had to use my greater drag, cause the renowned wyvern makes mince meat out of all my other pets.

Good tip:
The renowned devourer of souls has a chnce to drop the legs also i believe. That spawn is just south (on the map) of the renouned wyvern spawn outside of the abyssal inferno entrance.

You can turn over the renounded devourer spawn while the wyvern spawn is resetting.

GL!