• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

soo.. i have a question..

• Thread starter Lord Kynd
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Kynd

when i quit, and it is going to be soon, i am tired of all the crap that is happening. it just is not fun to play anymore :(

how can i go about selling my 2 accounts ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't seriously expect this post to NOT be sent to SnR right? Or do you really think this will be a long thread on how to best help you get the most cash for your accounts? hehe

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll tell you this, accounts just dont go for as much as they use to. It's better to sell off the items on your account and/or disable your account. What you get for them will not be worth the time and hassle.

J

jelinidas

Bank the good stuff, drop rest at bank or give to friends. You'll be back and wish you followed my advice. :next:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Get a vendor sell most your junk bank the gold drop your house shut down but don't delete your account and see you in a year or so.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO is far from what it use to be. Most people are aiming towards games like WoW. Unless you have a whole lot of awesome stuff that is expensive, like a castle or high end artifacts and whatnot, I would not bother. Instead I would bank all the good stuff, perhaps on one account, the one you would most likely be reactivating again. I quit a total of 3 times, usually because of travels. First time I gave nearly everything away, and I totally regret it. Mostly my guildstone I miss the most :( Well, that and the millions of gold I had, lol.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the others said bank the decent items, drop your house and bank the gold. Ive quit 4 times now.. twice i said i wasnt coming back and handed out all the items i had that were useful. now that i'm back i dont have anything near the equipment i used to...

You'll be back :p

S

Slopp

all the crap? what happened? did you get hit with the insurance bug? or did you get suspended for some bullshyt violation.

I've made a post similiar to yours a few years back, but here I am still playing this crap game.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just quit and walk away.

*shrugs*

Why make this drama out of it? Not every hobby has a "cash out" when you quit. Some do I guess, but not every one does.

-Galen's player

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when i decided i was going to leave game, i sold all my rare stuff and my castle on these forums for real life cash. sadly, they got all nazi about that and you can not sell on these forums for rl cash. uoforums.com, last i checked, doesnt have their panties in a bunch over selling for rl cash, so you could try there.

I highly reccomend keeping your characters intact. i kept about 100mil, and everything i actually cared about (like my gear, weapons, and things of sentimental value) just in case ea gets their heads outta their bums.

best of luck to you

L

Lord Kynd

anyhow
like i said 'if i quit'
and for another that somehow is removed now...

"Sell everything you have for gold ingame then sell the gold."

if i sell all my stuff, accounts also 10+ years each.. say for gold.. what am i to do with gold when i have no account to hold it to sell... oh, wait how do i sell my gold???, i would have no character let alone enough bank storage even on one account to hold that much gold ?

"It won't be here if you're looking to sell them for RL currency."

well it is a good thing i am not posting that i am selling for RL currency then isn't it ?
don't assume things.. maybe i need a shed built for my real life house or my back scratched.. again do not assume things.

"did you get hit with the insurance bug? or did you get suspended for some bullshyt violation."

heck no, i try to make sure i do not do things that will get me banned in game.

"Just quit and walk away.

*shrugs*

Why make this drama out of it? Not every hobby has a "cash out" when you quit. "

well, let's put it this way... i wish to be compensated for my time and efforts in the stuff i have gathered and for the amount i paid to maintain 2 accounts for over 10 years. i pay monthly so thats what 12.99 per month now . use to be a little less ... at current prices just at 10 years each for both thats a total of $3,117.60 US. just in paying to maintain 2 accounts.. ok no one will ever get what they put into actuall fee's for playing.
but keep that figure in mind....
now add all the time i have put into the game.. i am what i consider a hard core player with alot of time on my hands being disabled so i would say untill recently i would average a easy 50 - 80 hours per week.. so now my time has value.
rare's.. castles.... etc... all have value to other players.

who in there right mind would not want to 'try to cash out' ?
sorry, no drama.. i don't have a 'cry my a river story for you', just a simple question, a 'what if ' at that.

"As the others said bank the decent items, drop your house and bank the gold. "

as mentioned above, even one account with 7 characters wouldn't be able to bank that much.. and i sure find it unlikly of dropping 2 castles :p

and this is the funniest one yet ...

"and see you in a year or so."

highly unlikly, see when i quit something i say quit, not take a break from. again if i do quit.

"You can't seriously expect this post to NOT be sent to SnR right? Or do you really think this will be a long thread on how to best help you get the most cash for your accounts? hehe"

of course i do not expect it to go anywhere. this is a viable disscussion and really has nothing to do with trying to sell my accounts for cash, or even trying to sell my accounts for that matter.
this is also not a rant nor a spiel.
i am not quitting. sorry for your luck.
i simply want a viable answer from EA/Mythic.. because just 'giving' your stuff away or dropping your house's is not viable, nor is selling everything for gold.

what purpose does the account transfer service have ? how many people just hand over 10+ year old accounts to others for nothing?

this post has been double checked to make sure it is within the TOS of stratic's and complies, altho pushy it complies.

L

Lord Kynd

You can't seriously expect this post to NOT be sent to SnR right? Or do you really think this will be a long thread on how to best help you get the most cash for your accounts? hehe
most of my post's, altho highly contriversial at times and unorthadox usually produce somewhat big threeds with very good discussions.
and i am keen to make sure i word things in ways that comply with the 'rules' forced upon us.

tho i have been done with school for along time... if you are in school perhaps still might a suggestion be to take public speaking and join the debate team. it's worth it.
never know you might be good enough at it to be the next president :p

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
he diddnt assume anything temper tantrum. he was just reminding you that you can no longer sell things here for earthen currency, in case you had sights on it. most peopel wouldnt assume that you were going to ->SELL<- UO accounts for a back scratch, thats a trade. and definatly not gold. so dont assume things. EVER OR I WILL KILL YOU!!!! but good luck selling for rl cash. to bad you cant ebay that **** anymore.

T

Tazar

well it is a good thing i am not posting that i am selling for RL currency then isn't it ?
don't assume things.. maybe i need a shed built for my real life house or my back scratched.. again do not assume things.
Well... those two trades would also be a violation of the TOS for Ultima Online and therefore also would not be allowed here. You are not allowed to sell in-game items for out of game compensation (US$, Pesos, or whatever). It may not be cash, but that shed still has monetary value.

And since you also stated that there is no point in selling it all for UO-Gold when you have no account to hold the gold... I'd have to say that Sheridan made a VERY VALID ASSUMPTION!

S

Sarphus

You didn't hear about the upcoming event content...

if I were you I wouldn't do anything rash :)

The devs have said that the event content will be epic. It would be really silly to jump ship without knowing what's coming.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
when i quit, and it is going to be soon, i am tired of all the crap that is happening. it just is not fun to play anymore :(

how can i go about selling my 2 accounts ?
You can only sell pixels for pixels on Stratics. Good luck with that and do it on your home shard.

Status
Not open for further replies.