• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Sonoma Shops

Coming back to UO after a 5-6 year hiatus and while the vendor search feature is awesome, no one seems to stock anything on vendors or run them in general. I have put some messages out in public chat about buying and selling things, but public chat seems to be as dead as vendors.

Is Sonoma really as dead as it seems or are people hiding off in other areas now days and not around Luna or in public chat?

Deschet

Journeyman
Can't speak to the Sonoma population, but make sure you're calling out in the General chat channel, not the Help channel. Seen people get hung up on this lately. You're in the wrong channel if you see bots spamming info about gold selling sites.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
it depends what you are asking for in chat.
someone was asking about the SDI earrings in chat
most of the people who have those on Sonoma
only got them for their characters

I usually try to watch General Chat
but when I'm doing BODs for the Artisan Festival
I tend to be ingrossed in what I'm doing

is there something specific you are needing?

Can't speak to the Sonoma population, but make sure you're calling out in the General chat channel, not the Help channel. Seen people get hung up on this lately. You're in the wrong channel if you see bots spamming info about gold selling sites.
I did validate I was in the General chat channel. Even jumped over to the Trade channel as well for a bit.

Smaller shard people tend to not put stuff on vendors calling out in chat works great
It hasn't really worked though is part of the problem. I spam for two hours and I am on the only person I see saying anything in chat.

With the new vendors that charge a flat rate at sale, almost no reason to not put something on a vendor. Costs you nothing until it sells. Price it appropriately and when people use the vendor search functionality it shows up.

it depends what you are asking for in chat.
someone was asking about the SDI earrings in chat
most of the people who have those on Sonoma
only got them for their characters

I usually try to watch General Chat
but when I'm doing BODs for the Artisan Festival
I tend to be ingrossed in what I'm doing

is there something specific you are needing?
Some of the items I have asked about over the past couple of weeks have been some of the shard bound items from previous events (do not get me started on thoughts related to shard bound and limited time events) but things such as candelabra of souls, stone tables, granite, etc. Fortunately I have shard shields and plenty of tokens so I have been making trips to and from Atlantic to go buy resources and items. Namely because I cannot find them on Sonoma.

Right now I am looking for candelabra of souls, dull copper stone tables, or dull copper granite. Granite would be ideal so I can make what I need too when I need too. Just started a transfer to Atlantic to move some more gold over to do more shopping. :(

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"With the new vendors that charge a flat rate at sale, almost no reason to not put something on a vendor. Costs you nothing until it sells. Price it appropriately and when people use the vendor search functionality it shows up."

Those vendors use up house storage; alot like the stewards. They take up lockdown space in your house. Because of this, many either don't use them or only put a few high priced items on at a time. I don't use these for that reason. It's not worth taking up house space for player made house deco. (At this point esp on smaller shards, most players have a crafter and just make their own.)

For items that are player crafted, try the specific shards forums on the official forms also. If you use Discord, they have channels for specific shards also. I don't use them but I hear others talking about it. Someone here may know of one for Sonoma.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[...

Right now I am looking for candelabra of souls, dull copper stone tables, or dull copper granite. Granite would be ideal so I can make what I need too when I need too. Just started a transfer to Atlantic to move some more gold over to do more shopping. :(
[/QUOTE]

I have 3 tables (1 medium, 2 large) and a number of chairs plus a little bit of granite (126). You are welcome to them

I have 3 tables (1 medium, 2 large) and a number of chairs plus a little bit of granite (126). You are welcome to them
Thank you for the offer. I am actually wrapping up unpacking my trip back from Atlantic with plenty of granite and some other things. Getting things 'setup' so hopefully I can find my things and start actually playing.

Those vendors use up house storage; alot like the stewards. They take up lockdown space in your house. Because of this, many either don't use them or only put a few high priced items on at a time. I don't use these for that reason. It's not worth taking up house space for player made house deco. (At this point esp on smaller shards, most players have a crafter and just make their own.)
I guess I missed the piece when I was reading up on the new vendors. Might have to rethink the vendors I am going to setup in the future depending on how much product they move. Got plenty of room in the house I will be running them out of though.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Coming back to UO after a 5-6 year hiatus and while the vendor search feature is awesome, no one seems to stock anything on vendors or run them in general. I have put some messages out in public chat about buying and selling things, but public chat seems to be as dead as vendors.

Is Sonoma really as dead as it seems or are people hiding off in other areas now days and not around Luna or in public chat?
Welcome home Asterion!!! Very happy to see you have returned. I am not on game as much as I would like to be BUT if you send me a PM here, on Stratics, and let me know what you are searching for, we can try to help.

Much Love and Many *COOKIE HUGS*

Welcome home Asterion!!! Very happy to see you have returned. I am not on game as much as I would like to be BUT if you send me a PM here, on Stratics, and let me know what you are searching for, we can try to help.

Much Love and Many *COOKIE HUGS*
Thanks. I have actually managed to square away most things I was looking for or needed. A few transfers to and from Atlantic. Fortunately I have shard sheilds and having been gone for a few years, they were full of tokens.

Good to see some old faces still around though.