• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed Sonoma Royal Kingsguard Changes (aka Shard Bound Items and You)

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Royal Guard program was intended to stimulate role play activities on the shards and was never meant to be another way to give out items. Each Royal Guard item will now be tagged [shard bound] (you cannot transfer them off of the shard) and will bind upon being equipped. (Owned by your character). This change is to ensure that the suits and equipable items are used in the manner in which they were intended, as a way to signify progress and rank on your home shard for participating in the Royal Guard.
I will no longer be taking attendance at events. In order to be considered a Royal Kingsguard member you will hand in guard reports. The reports are expected to detail the current events on Sonoma as seen through the eyes of the Kings Guard. Each event on Sonoma can be reported on, including Governors meetings. You also may turn in (1) ONE additional report per month to report on the state of the shard or activities in your own free time. None of this is required. If you don’t want to participate in the Royal Guard part of events you don’t have to. All events will go on as usual and there will still be (1) regular unbound drop per month as usual.

For those hoping to progress through the ranks of the Royal Guard, you will be heretofore required to wear/hold your last promotion item at each new promotion ceremony. This is to show that you are respecting the item in the nature in which it was intended. (ie: not to pad your bank account) If you cannot produce your last promotion item, but have turned in guard reports, you will be demoted to active rank of Recruit. This is non-negotiable. So don’t lose it! The next promotion ceremony will be in July/August. At that time please have your lantern equipped if you wish to participate and be promoted.

Finally, I realize that “Cadet” seems strangely placed in our rank list. It was intended to create a mix of ranks without adhering to a specific real-life military organization. Right now Cadet is the highest rank given out on Sonoma shard. It will progressively get harder to rank up from there. I would be willing to consider putting another rank in between Cadet and Ensign so that those who don’t like it can get out of it a little more quickly. ;) I will kick around some ideas. We have 6 months to figure it out. :)
Until then, the ranks are as follows:
Recruit
Private
Corporal
Sergeant
Sergeant Major
Cadet
Ensign
Lieutenant
Knight

I do hope to add some other titles in as we go.

Continue reading...