• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

something strange

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was on a old account today and noticed i had a toon that had a realllllllllllllllllly old suit.
decided it was upgrade day for him!

so i cranked out a nice imbued suit for him and went to make him a nice ring and bracelet to go with it.
decided to make the baubles out of agapite for a nice color to match the suit.
went to imbue the baubles and got the message "the special material s in that item are too old to survive the imbuing processes"

wha........

I JUST made them, like 5 seconds before i tired to imbue them!

this isnt the first time ive made colored baubles and imbued, hell every character i have in game has them, am i missing something.
its possible, i am getting older!

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried with agapite. got same result. something changed. I tried with colored and non-colored, exp and non exp all were not able to be imbued. I remember getting that message a lot when we first got imbuing on older stuff that was enhanced

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank goodness they no-longer add new systems to the game that only 75% work........

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when did this happen?
because ive been doing it since imbuing came out.

A year at least I'm new to having imbuing. Its been mentioned here at least once. Sorry

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its just so strange, ive been using flavored baubles this entire time, we are talking 30 toons per shard EVERY shard in game and they all have flavored baubles and then out of the blue they change it?

its strange.
and really why would be the better question!?!?!?!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my chars all have coloured jewels, but I dyed them with plant dyes after imbuing.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting. I've NEVER been able to imbue anything not made with regular iron/cloth/leather/wood. Anything made of a "special" material like agapite, bloodwood, horned leather,, etc. gives me the "you cannot imbue this item" statement. It treats it like it's been enhanced and therefore un-imbuable.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting. I've NEVER been able to imbue anything not made with regular iron/cloth/leather/wood. Anything made of a "special" material like agapite, bloodwood, horned leather,, etc. gives me the "you cannot imbue this item" statement. It treats it like it's been enhanced and therefore un-imbuable.
You can imbue armor and weapons made of any leather or metal as long as you make them with a basic tool. You can only reforge iron or plain leather. You can imbue things that were reforged if there is room.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Pawain. Perhaps that's why I don't spend too much time crafting. My armor never fits and my weapons are shoddy.:(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since you can't POF jewelry, Imbuing is the way to go if you can get by with jewelry that doesn't require overcapping (or if you start with a looted piece that is relatively clean other than 1 overcapped property, and don't need 5 properties).

I keep a few jewels from loot handy with things like just Mana Regen 2, or just 10% LMC, or just 25% LRC (or some combination of 2 of the three, or one of them with FC 1) for future imbuing needs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you can't POF jewelry, Imbuing is the way to go if you can get by with jewelry that doesn't require overcapping (or if you start with a looted piece that is relatively clean other than 1 overcapped property, and don't need 5 properties).

I keep a few jewels from loot handy with things like just Mana Regen 2, or just 10% LMC, or just 25% LRC (or some combination of 2 of the three, or one of them with FC 1) for future imbuing needs.
I have not found any one property jewelry in a long time. Was nice finding fc1 stuff. Any place they appear?

The good thing about jewelry is they all have the same weight for imbuing.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats all i ever buy for baubles is FC1 with no other mods.
i buy them whenever i see them, snap them up like candy i do!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think a lot of my 1-property stuff comes from doing low-to-mid range T-maps, all SOS, Tram ruleset champs (everywhere but Fel, in other words), Shadowguard, etc. with personal luck under 500. When looking for stuff to imbue, having luck increase the chance of additional properties is a negative for you - but not having it means that you get less legendary stuff.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think a lot of my 1-property stuff comes from doing low-to-mid range T-maps, all SOS, Tram ruleset champs (everywhere but Fel, in other words), Shadowguard, etc. with personal luck under 500. When looking for stuff to imbue, having luck increase the chance of additional properties is a negative for you - but not having it means that you get less legendary stuff.
Yep T-Maps... and I keep every piece of jewelry that is just 1FC or 3FCR though what I'd LOVE to find is something with just SSI on it... 10 to 20... would be perfection but I've never been that lucky.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can find SSI 10 stuff, but that's the cap/top end of SSI - doesn't go over 10% on jewels.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope this ring lasts a while longer. I put the Dex and/or HCI on it. It really helps my suit.

Ring.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why? Aren't those imbueable?
They are but starting with it already on there saves TONS of resources... I've always saved them. I keep looking for a ring or bracelet with just SSI on it... but I've never found one. Hard to find jewels with just one good thing on them.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I know when imbueing first came out, all my old armor that was enhanced become worthless overnight. u couldn't imbue old colored armor.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know when imbueing first came out, all my old armor that was enhanced become worthless overnight. u couldn't imbue old colored armor.
No but you can make it in Iron imbue it up all the way use the forge tool and enhance it at 100% success rate...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
was on a old account today and noticed i had a toon that had a realllllllllllllllllly old suit.
decided it was upgrade day for him!

so i cranked out a nice imbued suit for him and went to make him a nice ring and bracelet to go with it.
decided to make the baubles out of agapite for a nice color to match the suit.
went to imbue the baubles and got the message "the special material s in that item are too old to survive the imbuing processes"

wha........

I JUST made them, like 5 seconds before i tired to imbue them!

this isnt the first time ive made colored baubles and imbued, hell every character i have in game has them, am i missing something.
its possible, i am getting older!
Been that way at least a few years now. If I remember the proper order, it's:
1. craft (with iron/normal leather/wood/stone). Don't use a runic.
2. reforge. Use your runic here.
3. use powder of fort
4. imbue
5. enhance
6. refine

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3. use powder of fort
4. imbue
5. enhance
6. refine
For me there is also a number 7: Curse. Start over.
I take long enough breaks between crafting suits that I always manage to mess something up on a first try. I either start imbuing without PoFing first, or manage to forget enhancement in my resist calculations. Sigh...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
3. use powder of fort (This is the step that I forget on occasion and then get all P.O.'d at myself)
4. imbue
5. enhance
6. refine (don't waste my time/energy/effort since gathering the crap and getting enough of the ones I'd need or want would take me another 20 years to do)... and the benefit is not worth the wasted space in saving the crap.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
3. use powder of fort
4. imbue
5. enhance
6. refine
no, it hasnt, not for rings and bracelets.
ALL my rings and bracelet on all my 700+ characters ive made with colored ore because im sassy like that.
because rings and bracelets derive nothing from being enhanced they where never effected by the above list you gave.
thats what im saying, they changed rings and bracelets here recently so now you cant make them out of colored ores and imbue them anymore.
and this is recent within the last couple months.

ive been looking at all my characters and ive noticed that all the baubles i made out of colored ore are still colored but no longer say what they where made of.
example below, still has the agapite coloring but no longer says 'agapite ring'

same with verite

same with valorite

same with all my colored baubles across all shards.
those 3 above pics are from 3 different shards, one North American, one HK and one European.
so its game wide.

its just strange!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was just talking with a guild mate and told him about this, he made some rings with shadow iron last month cause he like all his stuff to be black, anyways, he said he had made a bag of them and had it sitting in his house and he was now pissed that they wont work.
i asked him to go try.... seeing as they where made last month..... ya never know.
so he went and checked - and he can imbue them.
so he made a new shadow iron ring.... cant imbue it.

so the change definitely came down the pipe in the last month or so, they done sneaked it in on us those buggers (dev's)!

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
You can imbue armor and weapons made of any leather or metal as long as you make them with a basic tool. You can only reforge iron or plain leather. You can imbue things that were reforged if there is room.
Holy **** thank you!!! I love learning these things. Now i don't need to ask and sound silly lol