• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something...isnt right...HALP!

A

Azureal

Ok, so you may remember this house from a little while ago, I had problems making a storage bookcase. I got that sorted out, and the whole Melissa thing hit and I put the deco'ing on a back burner.

For the last couple of days Ive been placing bits and pieces around the place, but it just isnt...right...

What I wanted was a vendor house setting. Inside I will be selling Scribe wares (rune books, scrolls etc), on the patio area I was considering maybe plants, and on the roof perhaps an outdoor smith area. The last two locations could be switched around, not sure yet.

I want maximum impact for each of the small areas, but there needs to be room left for the vendors.

I dont know what Im asking for exactly, suggestions I guess.

Its doing my head in, and making me more than a little depressed. I was so happy with the location, and the final build, I just cant finish it off.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm...on the ground floor, that area with the shelving is begging for a floor treatment. Heritage rug perhaps?

Also...have you considered a more subdued color for the shelves and tables besides that dark gray?

You might want to create some interest with how your vendor are placed - for example have them sitting around a table on the outer patio. I know you can get your vendors to sit on stools by placing them on tiles where you have locked down a stool (been a long time since I did that).

Your roof is a cute little blank canvas, possibilities are endless. An outdoor cafe would be nice.

It is a great small house design.

*feels deco twitch*

-Skylark

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yah a rug would be great, maybe an elven bench along the north wall...you could fancy up the NE ground floor corner with a large vase or rain barrel with other outside-y things around.

Also think about how you want to position your vendor. I like to stick something in front of them, usually a table with their wares displayed in front for easy eyeballing. You could sit them at a writing desk with a pen and ink and a book or something similar.

Hrm..I can see at least one spot where a painting or tapestry might be nice. Also you could put a south facing messageboard on the outside wall above the flowers on the left side. The right side, you could perch a little mailbox (small wooden box on top of a music stand on top of those campions). You also seem to be lacking in light sources. You could do a candleabra of souls or a nice decorative raised up lantern in that ground floor southwest corner inside.

For the bulk of the porch and the roof think about how many vendors you would have for plants versus smithed items. If it's just 1/1 then consider what kind of deco you would like to spread around. The roof has more room so more vendors should go up there than the porch. A smith vendor would have his anvil and forge, possible some stacked ingots and such...plant vendor would have pots with soil and seeds and such, maybe a bag (bag of flour) of seeds and such. Or even a little garden type area with dirt and some parasitic on it, a shovel, some seeds scattered around.