• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something for those who claim EA and other gaming companies can't prevent cheating

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You make blanket accusation against a guild that has nothing to do with a forum or more specifically...cheaters, and then you find it funny when someone shows up to call you out on it?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you were standing in one snowflake.
#1. My post had nothing to do with the guild, only the public forum. And only the cheating part of the posters. They´re pretty easy to spot.
#2. My two posts had nothing to do with one another. Just two separate observations.
#3. You weren´t included in my previous post...

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
An interesting thread with many good arguments, I have nearly replied myself several times, however, as I have found that those in the
Ivory Tower take absolutely no notice at all of people who care passionately about UO and thus allow the game to fall further into the province of the cheats, I will refrain from p*****g in the wind as i really detest wet feet.
Utterly off topic for this thread, but Rping a goblin has taught me one thing: Make sure you are facing down wind when/if you do

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Found this story while browsing the internet. Completely disproves the claims that gaming companies can't do anything about cheating/scripting. It would be nice if UO did things like this to fight the illegal third party programs.

League of Legends cheating service owes Riot Games $10 million

TLDR: A company that made scripts and cheats in the game League of Legends now owes the game $10,000,000 and all their websites are shut down.
Well the reason they went after these guys is because they were making millions and millions of dollars from exploiting the game,

No one is making that kind of cheese in UO.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1. My post had nothing to do with the guild, only the public forum. And only the cheating part of the posters. They´re pretty easy to spot.
#2. My two posts had nothing to do with one another. Just two separate observations.
#3. You weren´t included in my previous post...
Just asking you to differentiate between the two, nothing more. Lumping cheaters who post on a forum with a guild that is anti cheat never ends up well for the guild getting lumped into the mess.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then the bots came? What items are you talking about?
The multibotters, bots for short. A few in particular have been doing all they can to wreck the economy in the same way they made a mockery of PvP. A few have been posing as brokers and collectors, while doing their best to destroy the game from within.

The items that the economy are based on vary from server births to EM related items, and everything in between. When something happens to the pricing of these items, the prices everyone else pays for goods changes dramatically.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just asking you to differentiate between the two, nothing more. Lumping cheaters who post on a forum with a guild that is anti cheat never ends up well for the guild getting lumped into the mess.
*nods*

And sorry for the "sassy" attitude in my last reply to you. I was on my way out so just rushed it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The multibotters, bots for short. A few in particular have been doing all they can to wreck the economy in the same way they made a mockery of PvP. A few have been posing as brokers and collectors, while doing their best to destroy the game from within.

The items that the economy are based on vary from server births to EM related items, and everything in between. When something happens to the pricing of these items, the prices everyone else pays for goods changes dramatically.
:facepalm: Let me open all these accounts and multibox just to destroy the game of UO so I can lose all my gold and items. RIGHT.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:facepalm: Let me open all these accounts and multibox just to destroy the game of UO so I can lose all my gold and items. RIGHT.
Some people pay other people to have their what nots smashed with heavy objects...and enjoy the whole lot of it. Don't think the people in UO come any different...

I said hi to one of these people tonight...they were running a 10 char solo roof run on Catskills. All the gold and items in the game don't mean a thing to this person...but they do enjoy the misery of others...

But hey, feel free to deny whatever you like...you can be a sheep if you like...some prefer it.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some people pay other people to have their what nots smashed with heavy objects...and enjoy the whole lot of it. Don't think the people in UO come any different...

I said hi to one of these people tonight...they were running a 10 char solo roof run on Catskills. All the gold and items in the game don't mean a thing to this person...but they do enjoy the misery of others...

But hey, feel free to deny whatever you like...you can be a sheep if you like...some prefer it.
What? All gold and items dont mean anything to These persons?

Thats the only reason for running a Setup like this in the first place!

Are you really thinking some persons pay 10-20 Accounts Just out of Fun to make you feel Bad?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What? All gold and items dont mean anything to These persons?

Thats the only reason for running a Setup like this in the first place!

Are you really thinking some persons pay 10-20 Accounts Just out of Fun to make you feel Bad?
No, things obviously lose meaning and context over the internet. The accounts pay for themselves, total investment of less than zero...hope that sinks in. For them, 10 accounts could go down, 10 more would take their place...

Make me feel bad? No no no, I am just here to help educate, not to theory craft. I could do what these others do but choose not to, because I know it ruins the experience for everyone else.

@Finley Grant, feel free to toss my name out amongst the (old) rares collectors...never been one to say stuff like this lightly...

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, things obviously lose meaning and context over the internet. The accounts pay for themselves, total investment of less than zero...hope that sinks in. For them, 10 accounts could go down, 10 more would take their place...

Make me feel bad? No no no, I am just here to help educate, not to theory craft. I could do what these others do but choose not to, because I know it ruins the experience for everyone else.

@Finley Grant, feel free to toss my name out amongst the (old) rares collectors...never been one to say stuff like this lightly...
EDUCATE, now that was funny. So the gold and items do mean something because they are using it to pay for the accounts. Isn't it amazing that you could glean all that information from someone just by saying hi, did you have your crystal ball with you too. Keep it up we all need a good laugh now and then.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EDUCATE, now that was funny. So the gold and items do mean something because they are using it to pay for the accounts. Isn't it amazing that you could glean all that information from someone just by saying hi, did you have your crystal ball with you too. Keep it up we all need a good laugh now and then.
I suppose that you were aware that both Oblivion and Treyster were alive and well within our UO Universe? One of them uses 10+ accounts at every event, and has for years posed as a respected collector. Neither are welcome here, yet they still sell under alts. Odd I should know this with only one month back to the game...

Gathered the information just by saying hi? Yes, that would be nice. However, I bought, sold, and traded with every major collector in the game for over a decade from all shards, which gives people a unique perspective of the world around them.

Here is an easy one for you. Which broker fleeced the family of a deceased collector just in order to make a buck? (don't answer...this is rhetorical and not allowed to be answered here due to rules) You see Mr. Frodo, when you spend 10+ years in the thick of it buying and selling and trading, you develop an understanding of the landscape around you...all you need to do is look with both eyes open.

Good laughs? I hope you enjoy turning a blind eye to the bad stuff you refuse to see...life has a habit of doing that to people too...no reason the game should be any different. When someone you trust takes you for a multitude of platinum, please come back and tell me how this game is all about teddy bears and bubble gum...

Educate? Yes, that is what you call it when you fill someones head with useful information about what really happens around them.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suppose that you were aware that both Oblivion and Treyster were alive and well within our UO Universe? One of them uses 10+ accounts at every event, and has for years posed as a respected collector. Neither are welcome here, yet they still sell under alts. Odd I should know this with only one month back to the game...

Gathered the information just by saying hi? Yes, that would be nice. However, I bought, sold, and traded with every major collector in the game for over a decade from all shards, which gives people a unique perspective of the world around them.

Here is an easy one for you. Which broker fleeced the family of a deceased collector just in order to make a buck? (don't answer...this is rhetorical and not allowed to be answered here due to rules) You see Mr. Frodo, when you spend 10+ years in the thick of it buying and selling and trading, you develop an understanding of the landscape around you...all you need to do is look with both eyes open.

Good laughs? I hope you enjoy turning a blind eye to the bad stuff you refuse to see...life has a habit of doing that to people too...no reason the game should be any different. When someone you trust takes you for a multitude of platinum, please come back and tell me how this game is all about teddy bears and bubble gum...

Educate? Yes, that is what you call it when you fill someones head with useful information about what really happens around them.
:facepalm: So those two people are out to ruin UO and get it closed down. I got some real swamp land you can buy and I will even put a bridge on it for you. Oh wait I understand now, it is really you that is trying to do all this **** to UO.:thumbup:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Frodo, I would point you to the post where I stated that a lot was lost in translation, but I am afraid that too has been lost in translation. Yes, some people do things just for the lols...and sometimes that does include pooping where they eat...why? some people just don't care. If you missed that memo in all the years you have been playing...I guess this is where our conversation ends.

Regarding bots, those have slowly been tearing the game from the inside out for many years...turning a blind eye to it certainly doesn't make this fact any less true.

Go ahead, stick your head back in the sand.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow Frodo, I would point you to the post where I stated that a lot was lost in translation, but I am afraid that too has been lost in translation. Yes, some people do things just for the lols...and sometimes that does include pooping where they eat...why? some people just don't care. If you missed that memo in all the years you have been playing...I guess this is where our conversation ends.

Regarding bots, those have slowly been tearing the game from the inside out for many years...turning a blind eye to it certainly doesn't make this fact any less true.

Go ahead, stick your head back in the sand.
And you don't think your posts do the exact same thing, always negative.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and....UO ....ea ,,,, broadsword.....do nothing....kinda speaks for itself

live and get along with the cheaters... U cant beat em... sooo weres that link to join them.... because I m one of the stupid ones....I PLAY BY THE BOOK BUT THE BOOK DONT WANNA PLAY ANYMORE,,,,

Last edited:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you don't think your posts do the exact same thing, always negative.
Have a coke and a smile friend. I just came back after several years away and found the state of the game to be far from OK. If anything, I did my part in bringing some of these in game behaviors to light. In the week since my post, botters at events have dropped by 50% or more, which improved the quality of gaming for a good number of people. It would seem to me that those *negative* posts had a *positive* result afterall, regardless of any perceived negativity seen by you here on the forum.

So, to answer your question, no...my posts don't make things worse, unless you are in the same corner as those who bot...in which case I would say, stop crying and start playing the game like the rest of us.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have a coke and a smile friend. I just came back after several years away and found the state of the game to be far from OK. If anything, I did my part in bringing some of these in game behaviors to light. In the week since my post, botters at events have dropped by 50% or more, which improved the quality of gaming for a good number of people. It would seem to me that those *negative* posts had a *positive* result afterall, regardless of any perceived negativity seen by you here on the forum.

So, to answer your question, no...my posts don't make things worse, unless you are in the same corner as those who bot...in which case I would say, stop crying and start playing the game like the rest of us.
LOL botters didn't make an event and you think it is because of you, now that is funny. A whole week, what next you gonna say UO has %25 more subs because of you. Mesanna/UO/BS/EA has done squat and now all of a sudden you get it taken care of, right.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL botters didn't make an event and you think it is because of you, now that is funny. A whole week, what next you gonna say UO has %25 more subs because of you. Mesanna/UO/BS/EA has done squat and now all of a sudden you get it taken care of, right.
No, and no, and no. All you are doing is trolling the most recent post, at least have some decency to recall some shred of the conversation would you? This (bot trend) has been a downward trend over the last three weeks actually, I just tossed a week in there to see exactly how much you have been paying attention (obviously not). One could argue that if you intend to be a part of a conversation, you should know it first...

4 less botters means at least 20 less characters spamming scripts on every...single...event...going...shard. That is a 50% decrease, giving the shards native population more opportunity to enjoy events meant for them. I hear there is some saying regarding keeping the natives happy...*shrugs*.

25% more subs? Not even going to go there, but I can guarantee you that a good number of people will stick around if they don't have to deal with scripters and botters. Keep in mind there are 20 players with 10+ accounts who don't bot for every 1 player who does. You do the math on who stays and who goes...

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Restroom Cowboy welcome back to the game. Its been too long since we had a chat. There is some truth to your argument, and I agree with some of it. I can understand all perspectives on this matter, and can't help but feel helpless. I sent you an ICQ message if you want to catch up sometime. Can't seem to private message you.