• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Something fishy on Stratics...

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that EA accepts Stratics as a semi-offical site, kindof like a UO knowledge and information base. Thus, using the Stratics weblink in game is allowed, while other links are not (for a good reason, if you ask me).

Concerning this, I am a bit astonished to find a lot of advertising for other MMORPGs (like World of Warcraft) on Stratics. I wouldn't be more irritated if I'd find WoW ads on the EA site.

I partly (if not fully) understand that ads on Stratics help to finance the costs of this site. But why does it have to be advertising for competitors? The Stratics team probably is going to say that you book an ad banner for gaming ads, and you cannot influence what games are advertised through this banner. Are there no alternatives that are less.... fishy?

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WoW isn't competiton to UO...where's you loyalty? ;)

Ads here are sold network wide...they show on all the Stratics sites.
Nothing fishy...go look at some of the other gaming networks who also have title specific sites and you will see the same thing :)