Some things to think about

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 28, 2004
Oregon
jpharrod.com
For one, I like alot of the new pixel crack you've worked on Mr. Grimm! Here's some ongoing ponderings of mine, and some ones that may or may not have been suggested.

I go on and on about High Seas stuff, but ever thought about designing a loot drop of a pair of boots that cosmetically give a person a peg leg? Or eye patches that go in the earring slot? These would be hard to do, but I wouldn't place them beyond capability.

Here's another idea, making it to where the avatar that walks around has his sword at his hilt or on his back (depending on 1 or 2 handed varieties) and shield on back when not in war mode? This could solve the age old my shield is always closest to me no matter which direction my character faces thing.

Also the tangle. You know, the apron slot item that Navrey occasionally drops. How about updating the art on it, to make it actually look like something spider related. Like removing bits of the graphic out of it to make it look like a web.. maybe take it a step further and leave current ones as they are and all the new ones spawn with a white hue and web like looking. Or even just leaving the base graphic alone, and making them spawn black, with a white web pattern on them.

These are just a few suggestions I've wondered about, and I realize there are 2 clients worth of stuffs you have to do to make anything happen, but hopefully they aren't impossible. Cheers!
Glad you like it!

We're not able to do peg legs given the current technical limitations on how art works in our game. Off the top of my head, I think we could do a sword scabbard but only if it was 1) on the hip only, 2) on the same side of the body that the sword is being carried on, which might look a little odd. 3) added to new swords, nothing that was existing in the classic client. But we can't have scabbards on the back.

As for the Tangle, that's most likely a rehued asset. We could change the ones that Navery drops, but the ones you already have wouldn't change. This, means you'd have to go get another one.

Thanks for the suggestions! Sorry I couldn't give better news about the scabbards and the Tangle.

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)
To view the original post, please click here