• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some silly questions

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all:)

I have an old tamer and, as I'm very lazy and like to play safe, added peace to the template when I began to tame aggressive casting pets.

The thing is as the bard part of the template was an afterthought I don't know as much about it as I do about taming.
So I have some questions that are probably very silly :blushing:

Here goes :

I know that area peace will work on player's pets, but it doesn't on the players themselves right ? I wonder because of the ability of the Dryads to prevent us to cast ...
Meaning can I use area peace near other players without being a problem for them ?

I'm 110 music and 106 ish peace, when I'll be 120/120 will I be able to peace a GD?

I know it's possible to disco the big bosses (meli and other), but I never heard about using peace on them. Is it because peace doesn't work or because it's not really helpful against them?
And if it's the later, why is that ?

Thanks a lot for your help :D

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

#1 It does work on players briefly.

#2 No, area peace will often cause problems for other players, stopping their pets, their swing or just making everything retarget.

#3 I expect you can now with a Slayer instrument.

#4 The latter, because of #2.

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh that was quick, thanks !

Well so area peace is a no no when I'm not alone, duly noted !

Just one thing about #4, you're speaking about area peace, I was thinking about the "targeting" one if you know what i mean :). But seeing that you didn't even think about it I guess it means that it doesn't work.

Anyway a new one just popped 1 min ago, I was about to edit my post :

Do I need dex and how many ?
I always thought that it was a "must have" for a bard seeing that using your barding skills raises it but it's just me guessing, I would prefer to know ;)

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't think any peerless/boss/champion type monsters can be targeed Peace.

Dex doesn't affect bard skills in any way. Though it does help you 'catch your breath' quicker when using a Fire Horn.