• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Sampire Templates

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi all, i decide to switch my paladin in sampire, but i'm little noob and i have some question.
I have seen many template and i want a suggestion with two these:

First template:
120 Chivalry
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
120 Swordmanship
60 Parrying
120 Bushido
100 Necromancy

Second template:
100 Chivalry
100 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Swordmanship
60 Parrying
120 Bushido
100 Necromancy

i have some question.
- What the difference 100 tactics with 120?
- why 60 parrying? how much is important with this tempalte?
- 120 or 100 Chivalry. whats the diffence in game with monsters?
- finally: for you, which you prefer?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
- why 60 parrying? how much is important with this tempalte?
- finally: for you, which you prefer?
Copy the character to test center (via the help menu), you can then set Tactics to 100 and 120, and see the difference in base damage with your exact weapon and suit setup.

I don't really understand the question on Parry. You put 60 on there but are asking us why? Parry means you get hit less with physical attacks. As far as I can remember the only point of having it at 60 is to get to the 300 skill point mana reduction, while also saving 60 points to put in something else, at the cost of not having Evasion or Counter Attack. Personally I go 100-120 on sampires because I like using Evasion and Counter Attack... and getting hit less obviously.

Regarding Chivalry, same as above with Tactics. The main difference will be damage with Enemy of One.

Neither seem optimal to me in terms of damage or defense.

Curious. Why did you decide to change your paladin in to a sampire? I'm having a blast with mine.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have a little difficulty with dependence of bandage. if i die. i must to come back to buy bandage.
instead, if i heal with life leech and other ability, i can come back in combat fast.
i can try to build bushido/paladin (all skill to 120), but i dont know if i can resist to all situation only with confidence and close wounds (and life leech).
For you its better Dragoon (bushido paladin) or Sampire?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What the difference 100 tactics with 120?
Difference in base damage. See this reference: Damage Calculations - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

why 60 parrying? how much is important with this template?
Some people put only 60 on to get the LMC bonus. However, I personally don't find 60 Parry to be all that effective. I usually like to have Parry around atleast 90. I have one character that uses 120 Parry with boosted up DCI through refinements and he does great job avoiding most physical attacks.

120 or 100 Chivalry. whats the diffence in game with monsters?
On my primary sampire, I only run 75-80. I suppose you could run more, but if you're getting Honor, you're probably going to be hitting close to damage cap without Enemy of One so I don't feel the need to have it higher. For my Paladin that doesn't have Bushido... it's another story. I like have 110-120 chivalry on that character.

finally: for you, which you prefer?
I personally don't run Anatomy on my sampire, I prefer Resist Spells for dealing with casters. I also use Capt John's hat for the +20 Swords. (I'm going to put up a post about my template soon because I just revamped my suit and will provide more detail there)

Good luck!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
For you its better Dragoon (bushido paladin) or Sampire?
I'm currently running:
100 Swords (120 with Captain John's Hat)
110 Tactics (120 with Solider's Medal)
105 Bushido (120 with jewellery)
100 Parry (120 with jewellery)
120 Anatomy
120 Chivalry
65 Poisoning

The differences between dragoon/sampire are:
The dragoon (usually) needs HLL on every weapon to be as effective. Doesn't have any MR/SR from the form. Doesn't need 25 extra fire resist on the suit. Doesn't need 100 skill points to maintain a form. Doesn't get any poison defense. Doesn't have an issue with garlic in potions.
The sampire needs 25 extra fire resist on the suit. Needs 100 skill points to maintain form. Gets 3 MR/14 SR from form. Gets poison defense. Can't use garlic based potions. Gets true life leech on every hit. Can be purged out of form.

To me it's pretty even pros/cons of each, but I'm preferring the dragoon, the suit is easier to build and allows for a stronger overall template with fewer drawbacks.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It's about 3% of damage. If you have about 60 base character damage with 100 Tactics it will be 62 with 120 Tactics.

The difference is important if you are going to use DF for stats (+15 SSI is the most valued).

I have a little difficulty with dependence of bandage.
If you have HLL on your weapon you can do well without bandages.

. i must to come back to buy bandage.
You can use talisman of bandage summoning. It could help you to get back your corpse (and your stack of bandages).

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What the difference 100 tactics with 120?
Difference in base damage. See this reference: Damage Calculations - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

why 60 parrying? how much is important with this template?
Some people put only 60 on to get the LMC bonus. However, I personally don't find 60 Parry to be all that effective. I usually like to have Parry around atleast 90. I have one character that uses 120 Parry with boosted up DCI through refinements and he does great job avoiding most physical attacks.

120 or 100 Chivalry. whats the diffence in game with monsters?
On my primary sampire, I only run 75-80. I suppose you could run more, but if you're getting Honor, you're probably going to be hitting close to damage cap without Enemy of One so I don't feel the need to have it higher. For my Paladin that doesn't have Bushido... it's another story. I like have 110-120 chivalry on that character.

finally: for you, which you prefer?
I personally don't run Anatomy on my sampire, I prefer Resist Spells for dealing with casters. I also use Capt John's hat for the +20 Swords. (I'm going to put up a post about my template soon because I just revamped my suit and will provide more detail there)

Good luck!
Can you tell me the skills of your sampire? just for suggestion.
I play often alone and so I like a char with most survivability

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Can you tell me the skills of your sampire? just for suggestion.
I play often alone and so I like a char with most survivability
Here is my template:

120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Parrying
100 Resisting Spells (115 with jewels)
100 Necromancy
80 Chivalry

For survivability... I am leaching back life from Vamp Form, I use Confidence from Bushido or Close Wounds from Chivalry when necessary. Some of my weapons also have life leach on them, depending on what I am fighting.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here is my template:

120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 Parrying
100 Resisting Spells (115 with jewels)
100 Necromancy
80 Chivalry

For survivability... I am leaching back life from Vamp Form, I use Confidence from Bushido or Close Wounds from Chivalry when necessary. Some of my weapons also have life leach on them, depending on what I am fighting.
another question. which chivalry spells use often in most situation? only close wounds or other "attack spells"?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
another question. which chivalry spells use often in most situation? only close wounds or other "attack spells"?
I have Consecrate Weapon and Divine Fury on macros and use them almost all of the time. Depending what I am fighting, I will use Enemy of One when fighting more difficult monsters or bosses. If I get poisoned, I will use Cleanse by Fire. If I have too many curses on me or other negative buffs, I use Remove Curse. If I am fighting something that can be dispelled, such as if a revenant is following me around, I will cast Dispel Evil to make it go poof. If someone needs to be resurrected, Noble Sacrifice. Be sure to remember that your Karma also affects how useful some of these spells are.

In short, I find myself using just about all of the Chivalry spells in various situations. I find it useful for any melee fighters, archers or throwers.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have found some items. i have lost some mana and hp, but now have more skills increase.
this is my new template. It works for defence mode?

Swordsmanship 100 (120 with Captain John's Hat)
Tactics 105 (120 with Jewels)
Bushido 100 (120 with Jewels)
Parrying 120
Resisting Spells 110 (115 with Jewels)
Necromancy 100
Chivalry 85

In Excel file are Katsuraia profile with all stats

Attachments

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have found some items. i have lost some mana and hp, but now have more skills increase.

Parrying 120
Necromancy 100
Chivalry 85

Impressive... you should be able to do well with that skill setup and be able to tank bosses and do spawns by yourself.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Parrying 120
Necromancy 100
Chivalry 85

Nice one.

I cannot see town bonus here. Maybe some almost free (cost 4k iron ingots) would be nice addon? I specially like 5% SSI , but there is also nice FC or stat bonuses.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Impressive... you should be able to do well with that skill setup and be able to tank bosses and do spawns by yourself.
Are you sure? He has 169 STAM and 0 SSI. Even as a Vamp I don't see out healing the damage from some bosses.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know that i need to find some better. For now this is equip i found. For any help can call me in icq :) thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Are you sure? He has 169 STAM and 0 SSI. Even as a Vamp I don't see out healing the damage from some bosses.
I was focused more on the template than gear since it is easier to swap out gear. But ultimately, I always suggest 180 stam at a minimum, with some SSI for stam protection in the event you're not wearing any plate pieces.