• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some questions for more knowledgeable players

B

broketail

Some questions for more knowledgeable players:

I have been able to pick up 110 scrolls for parry and swords, and finally capped parry last night. Are the 115’s and (ouch) 120’s a worthwhile, though expensive, addition for a PvM Paladin?

The DI (Damage Increase) property is capped at 100. If I’m equipped with items that provide more than 100 are they a waste? Also, are spells like EoO, and slayer weapons a waste if I am at 100DI with items/weapons?

Is 125 the maximum strength you can have? If I have 125 natural will items with SI increase that number, and if so, would my carrying capacity go up?

Thanks for the help.

S

slasherofveils

the 115/120 scrolls definately help pvm. and yes they are very expensive. If you can afford em, get em =) usual policy. If you look around you can eventually find someone selling cheap 115's, unless its swordsmanship, magery, eval, or those such high demand powerscrolls.

the DI property from items is capped at 100%. I believe the total di% possible (including slayer weapons/talis, EOO, honor perfection, etc.) is around 300%. someone correct me if that is wrong.

125 is the max you can have in a stat naturally. You can however increase HP, mana, sta, beyond the stat caps with item properties, and you can also drink str/dex pots to increase your base. for a neat trick, get an eccru ring (+50% enhance pots) and equip it before you chug str/dex pots.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

<blockquote><hr>

I have been able to pick up 110 scrolls for parry and swords, and finally capped parry last night. Are the 115’s and (ouch) 120’s a worthwhile, though expensive, addition for a PvM Paladin?

[/ QUOTE ]

the main difference will be...
swords 115/120, you will hit more often.
parry 115/120 is a must.
even if both can be replaced by high hit chance, defence chance items...
... long term the goal is not to be item dependent (hum, in uo this doesnt apply)

<blockquote><hr>

The DI (Damage Increase) property is capped at 100. If I’m equipped with items that provide more than 100 are they a waste? Also, are spells like EoO, and slayer weapons a waste if I am at 100DI with items/weapons?

[/ QUOTE ]

the eoo and slayer weapon and TALISMAN will multiply your damage based on your DI... so get to 100 di and then see it explode to 300...
(eoo... x1,5; slayer and talisman also multiply it... not sure if 2x or 1,5x)

Hope it helps!

PS: Parry bushido combo rocks!

G

For caps on damage, look in the New Player FAW for the message about Enemy of One, Enhanced Bandages and stuff. The DI stack is explained there with a players test results so we can all understand it.

** waves from Jackson, MS** woohoo! a computer for 15 minutes!!