• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some Observations about Detect Hidden and Parry Skills on Older Pets

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been updating the spreadsheet where I keep track of pet stats and skills. It seems like the Detect Hidden skill may, in many cases, for pets acquired before this last publish be a good indicator of how many times a pet has died since it was tamed because it seems that it is going to be a skill that pets will have a lot of difficulty raising/retraining.

These are the Detect Hidden skills I've noted on pets that I've had for years in several cases that have never had much, if any training, and that I'm 100% certain (unless noted below) have never died since they were tamed:

18.0 Fire Beetles
38.3 Lowland Bouras
48.3 Fire Steed (may have died a few times) (Some old fire steeds don't seem to have any detect hidden skill?)
49.7 Nightmare
52.3 Giant Beetles
54.0 Rune Beetle
54.3 Dread Warhorses (may have died a few times--probably should be 55.0 like bane dragons)
55.0 Bane Dragons
63.3 White Wyrms
67.5 Cu Sidhe
67.5 Dragons
81.0 Hiryu
90.0 Greater Dragons
90.0 Dragon Turtle Hatchling

Something else I noted while updating my spreadsheet was that greater dragons, hiryus, nightmares, and white wyrms tamed before the publish don't show any parrying skill unless their wrestling skill is at least 100.0. I haven't tried the new pet training system yet (still trying to wrap my head around it), so I don't know how these observations fit into using the pet training system, especially on existing pets.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One potential way to train up Detect Hidden, is to have your pet attack a Stealth Fencer, and have the Stealth Fencer use Shadow Strike. The pet should then attempt to Reveal.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd say take it to Tokuno and walk around .... I'm sure your pet will find a ton of Ninja's... and doesn't one of the Key Rooms in the Citadel have a Ninja?