• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some kind of hedgey pergola...thing...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did a little work on my vendor house roof. I wanted a way to put out my fountains of life without doing a big ol row of them, so I tried to make them interesting. Next up is the aquariums!

I'm going to have to add in flooring, haven't decided on the color yet though. Kind of wanted something a little less bright for the roof...hrm! Suggestions are welcome!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh...my....god that is too cool, absolutely stunning. Bloody brilliant job Sarsmi

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's like some cool Narnia thing... i want to go zen-out on one of those benches tucked into the hedgery and read a good book while listening to the fountains over my head :)

and as a side-note, thank god for whoever invented goza mats for the game - can you imagine life without them? i had no idea until recently how inventive they allow you to be with design and decor! not to mention being able to create whole new floors you can walk on - crazy.

C

CaptainRon

OMG WOW is all I can Say
sorry I dont have the answer to your question
but just wanted to say you did a wonderful job

What Shard you on I want to look

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys! I do love me some goza mats, I think they are my most favoritest thing in UO ever. *huggles her goza mats*

OMG WOW is all I can Say
sorry I dont have the answer to your question
but just wanted to say you did a wonderful job

What Shard you on I want to look
I'm on Baja! It's very easy to get to my vendor house. It's just northeast of the tram yew gate. Just hit the gate and go directly right a few screens. You'll see a bunch of vendors, it'll be the keep behind the plant vendors that I also run (the house is pretty undecorated though, I'm thinking of re-doing it to make it easier for people to shop there).

The ladder to get to the roof is on the second floor in front of the valorite stoneware items - they're color coded and on top of some barrels with colored lids so not too hard to find.

debii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
totally awesome - try using the blue tiles with lines on them. i am sure you can make some amazing design with them.

Firedutch

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very amazing....been lookin for things to do with my many fountains also instead of the typical row of them...lol.

What I have been want to do is place one.....throw a goza up above it and place another one (lower) and stack them for space saving and see how that would look....I did that with the reagent statues.....made them look like a full one...

Any one find a way to stack the fountains? By the way...I was not doing this on a roof but had a roof on a 3rd floor of my customized house with a roof limitation above (which is why I might not have been able to do it..).

S

Sweety

Sweet! that design is freakin crazy .. wow

man i wanna get a castle

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beautiful!

Sarsmi, coulld you explain how you got the three levels on the hedgey pergola thing? Your knowledge of the intricacies of UO design continually amazes me.

Also, I remember somewhere you kindly explained how to crop deed-type floor items like rugs, arcane circles, whatever, in order to make unusual floor tiles (like the pentagram pattern tiles in your Baja keep). I had that bookmarked, before my former computer met a sudden and untimely death. If you could point me to your instructions, I'd be most grateful.

Both feath and I did write ups of how to break up pentagrams to make floor tiles, those are in this post here.

I took a pic of the directions too if you want to refer to that instead of a big ol post.

It's easy after you get the hang of doing a few, just very time and material intensive!

The arbor is built on a 5x5 tile area, Like this:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

So it takes 25 square gozas to make the first level. To do this I figured out first where I wanted the layout and then started in the northwest corner of where I wanted the arbor to be. I put down two goza mats where the O's are:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XOOXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

I raised up the left goza 2 times and the right goza 4 times. This made a little stair step I could stand on that got me a little higher and let me drop stuff on the tables I was using. Now I put down three tables on top of each other, then three damaged book piles on top of that (while I was standing on the goza mat raised 4 times). I use three damaged book piles to get the ceiling a little higher, so it's standard ceiling height, but you don't have to do that. The tables go where the 1 is:

1XXXX
XXXXX
XOOXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

I placed a goza mat on the top damaged book pile then I removed the bottom damaged book pile, then everything else. If you only do 2 damaged book piles the first thing you would remove after placing the goza mat is the top table - the rule to keep items from dropping is to take the item that is below the item that is immediately below the item you've just placed:

A
B
C

A is what you just placed, C is what you remove first.

Anyways, i worked my way across:

XXXXX
XOOXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

and then started on the next row. After that I chopped my little staircase and moved it south a couple tiles:

XXXXX
XXXXX
XOOXX

I kept at it till I had the whole 5x5 area done. The hedges in the corners are doubled up - to do this just get a ladder or build a staircase to get on top of the goza mat ceiling then put a hedge on the corner goza mat and lower it a few times. I think I did 7 times? Can't remember now. I did it enough so it would blend ok with the hedge below it and still line up with the campions. Now you chop that corner goza mat.

I left all the other gozas except the corners so that I could have something to walk on to retrieve the bandages from the fountains. There is a staircase on the backside of the arbor I use to get up there.

Anyways, once you're on top of the gozas you can place the tables again and the damaged book piles and do the same thing to get the 2 other fountains up there. You don't need to do a mini staircase (if you're doing this design anyways), since the fountain has to be lowered a bit to line up and doesn't need to be so high up. I think you can do two tables, the book piles, then place the goza and that will work. Or if you need do 3 book piles (or some other item underneath to get the goza a little higher).

That's a lot of typing, I hope you can make some sense of that! I can come out to your place and we can go through it in person as well, shoot me a PM if you want to meet up. :)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's np, maybe a link in the deco thread to this thread but I don't think we need any more stickies here, hehe. :p

And yeah, just let me know when or where. :)

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a lot of typing, I hope you can make some sense of that! I can come out to your place and we can go through it in person as well, shoot me a PM if you want to meet up. :)
I... I still don't understand.
I feel like such a failure. But it's not like a have room for one of these babies anyway.
But still... this is amazing. I want one. =[

P

PlayBoy. Inc.

OMG! o_O :bowdown:

That looks freaking amazing!!!!! I love it!!! I wish I could offer suggestions, but I don't have any at the moment to add! ha

-Bunny

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I... I still don't understand.
I feel like such a failure. But it's not like a have room for one of these babies anyway.
But still... this is amazing. I want one. =[
Which part? Hehe...

Play around with square goza mats and damaged book piles for a bit and you'll get it. Just takes a bit of patience and time.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
K, that is Awesome!

Now make a three story one down the middle of a roofed dojo:D

They have to be white hedges and instead of maps in the alcove they have to be glacial staffs.