• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Some info pls from current player base

X

Xanthea

Hi,

This is my first post here, Im trying to findout if UO is worth playing atm.

I did play UO from beta and until around 2004, i checked my account and i had logged in once sence about 2006-07, However i cant seem to find anywhere how the current playerbase is i mean are there 1000ppl playing?

I recall when i had my account active back in 2006 i quit after a day again, Im from Atlantic at start but moved to europa server once it came up...Not that it helps tho i went to gauntlet / doom or something where i recall i use to be and durring a day we were like 5-6 ppl there..

Stratics seem to be the only "active" board i have found so can any of you toss me some details how the game is for the time being i still have chars on atlantic and europa......when i say how game is i dont mean "game sucks this skill is broke" but i mean at peak are there 2ppl at brit bank? are there no ppl in dungeons etc etc....

regards

/Xanthea

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Xanthea,

UO still has around 100k subs. And a pretty active community for that many subs.

Try playing in the PM evening for the server you're logged into, that should help.

F

feath

in europa, most people are either in new haven or luna bank. Night local time is better than day finding peeps, specially during the week. New Haven is the place to hang out, if you're waiting to find helpful people and maybe join a guild. Those at Luna are more focused on what they're doing, and less chaty. anyone sitting a brit bank is likely afk.
If you'd come back during the events, or during turn in, or during... well, just about any time, you would have seen the place bubbling with activity. The only new thing is new plants, so peeps with gardeners are out after seeds and growing them, so the hunt spots have changed temporarily.